Can Paypal do this!? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 12-30-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Can Paypal do this!?

My brother has a permanent limitation on his account which means no one else in the house can have a Paypal account, is this right? Anyone who registers under this address will be limited, no appeal accepted. No accounts has any negative balances any longer, my brother paid the negative balance off a while back but because it was paid off 2 years later, everyone in the household will receive the consequence.

So now I have sold 5 ebay items recently, all items have tracking references and positive feedback in return to confirm the buyer was happy with the item. Called Paypal and they said the funds will be released in a maximum of 180 days. Is this right? Can they really do this, very angry and frustrated that they think they can do this to people. How is there a chance of a charge-back with positive feedback from the buyer.. they don't have any intelligence do they!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-04-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 79%

Sadly, but they aren't accountant for any institutions in situations like this. If your address was used before they can do whatever they want.

I better go with other address which you have access to. As well get a Stealth Book. It will answer to all your further questions.
Old 01-04-2013

Longevity: 67%

Rule #1. Paypal can and will do ANYthing they want.

They answer to no one!

In regards to your case it happened to me also. Not only did they ban me because another family member who owed money lived at my address, but I had a family member vacation at my house for 2 weeks and they logged onto my wifi (IP) to PP many times.

They too got banned for using my IP.

That was Pre-Stealth.
Old 01-04-2013

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
Rule #1. Paypal can and will do ANYthing they want.

They answer to no one!
Not entirely true... Paypal has to register in every state it does business (essentially all 50 then) with the Dept of Banking and Finance. Therefore they are regulated by your state banking commissioner. Granted every state treats complaints differently so getting help depends on how consumer friendly your state happens to be. For instance I have heard cases in Colorado were resolved favorably when people complained about losing access to their funds. In my home state of Connecticut the financial industry has a lot of lobbying power so it is very hard to get results here.
Old 01-04-2013

Longevity: 67%

Good luck fighting Paypal.

I'll say it again, "Paypal can and will do anything they want."

Getting it corrected will be a nightmare.

PPs pockets are deep, ours are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
Not entirely true... Paypal has to register in every state it does business (essentially all 50 then) with the Dept of Banking and Finance. Therefore they are regulated by your state banking commissioner. Granted every state treats complaints differently so getting help depends on how consumer friendly your state happens to be. For instance I have heard cases in Colorado were resolved favorably when people complained about losing access to their funds. In my home state of Connecticut the financial industry has a lot of lobbying power so it is very hard to get results here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Roscoe For This Useful Post:
MM78 (01-04-2013)
Old 01-05-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoneout View Post
Paypal is big. I don't think that they are affraid of someone.
Old 01-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimali831 View Post
My brother has a permanent limitation on his account which means no one else in the house can have a Paypal account, is this right? Anyone who registers under this address will be limited, no appeal accepted. No accounts has any negative balances any longer, my brother paid the negative balance off a while back but because it was paid off 2 years later, everyone in the household will receive the consequence.

So now I have sold 5 ebay items recently, all items have tracking references and positive feedback in return to confirm the buyer was happy with the item. Called Paypal and they said the funds will be released in a maximum of 180 days. Is this right? Can they really do this, very angry and frustrated that they think they can do this to people. How is there a chance of a charge-back with positive feedback from the buyer.. they don't have any intelligence do they!
For your first paragraph, yes in general, your address is likely blacklisted to some degree.

For your second paragraph, it is standard policy of pp to release funds on blocked accounts in 180 days. Sometimes, you can push for it earlier but quite unlikely.
Old 01-05-2013

if you do it under a total different name for example, say your bother had a partner with a different last name then most likly something like that would pass if your selling totally different items from when your brother was banned.

A much better and easy option is to use another address.

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif
The Following User Says Thank You to Stigger For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (01-05-2013)
Old 01-05-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by karimali831 View Post

Sadly paypal make the rules. It is within their rights to do what they want.

They rarely have understanding that a family member may live at the same address. They protect themselves by banning the address & often the name.

Does this account have your real info?