using freinds details now up to limit - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 04-10-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 64%
Default using freinds details now up to limit

Hello all

Help

I was removed from eBay last year. Was top rated and power seller. No chance of getting back on. I set back up using a friends details who has never been on eBay or Paypal. Used her address all verrifed with her phone number.. all her old details and bank account as she has now re married. (now retired so not a tax payer) Account has now hit PayPal £1700 restriction, asking me to go business seller.

I was not sure how to proceed.
Any advice welcome
thank you
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-12-2013

Did you lift the limits on your Paypal account?

I may be in a similar situation in the near distant future. I have also used a friends account, everything is fully verified, limits lifted etc.

I have started only selling a few items just so that I can build up feedback slowly.

Did you hit £1700 reasonably quickly for them to ask you to change to a business seller?

And why can't you upgrade?
Old 04-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Don't make the assumption that being retired exempts anyone from paying tax. Another of the tax myths - along with students.

The only way to proceed is to give Paypal the information they are requesting.

This is a prime example of why you should NOT use friends and family's information to set up accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
slim jim (04-12-2013)
Old 04-13-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Hello there

thank you for your responses.

I thought I was doing the right thing as advised.. Family, never been on eBay at all... etc etc....as per the stealth guide. have I misunderstood this?

Not trying to avoid tax just didn't want to do the wrong thing after getting this far. I will upgrade, just was unsure what they would ask for.

onlinegirl: Been active for a few months stated slowly and built up eBay fine Paypal asking to upgrade.
Old 04-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini View Post
Hello there

I thought I was doing the right thing as advised.. Family, never been on eBay at all... etc etc....as per the stealth guide. have I misunderstood this?

Not trying to avoid tax just didn't want to do the wrong thing after getting this far. I will upgrade, just was unsure what they would ask for.
Situation changed since the book was written. For users intent on a business account, it would be impractical to involve another party. Taxes are payable for anyone making money, especially on a business account.

There would be few businesses on ebay co uk which would earn less than the £1900 anti-money laundering limit. That must be considered with all accounts. Documents are needed regardless to remove the limit.
Old 04-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@gemini and onlinegirl - your friends were aware and fine with you using their info? Understand that if anything happens, they cant use their own info for eb and pp? One of the many reasons you should not be going this route.
Old 04-16-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
@gemini and onlinegirl - your friends were aware and fine with you using their info? Understand that if anything happens, they cant use their own info for eb and pp? One of the many reasons you should not be going this route.
Hi Rsot,

My 'friends' details are actually the other halfs details from an old address they had a while back. I agree that it wouldn't be best practice to use anyone's details as there are implications IF things were to go wrong. I have only just recently realised this and have taken the steps to set up a clean paypal and ebay account with stealth details.

I was always worried about using stealth details for the barriers that you have to overcome, ie, limit, verifying certain information etc, but with the help and knowledge thats floating around this forum I'm slightly more confident that stealth is the way forward
Old 04-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,370 Times in 1,528 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 85%

Quote:
I was always worried about using stealth details for the barriers that you have to overcome, ie, limit, verifying certain information etc, but with the help and knowledge thats floating around this forum I'm slightly more confident that stealth is the way forward
Good approach.

There are no barriers that can't be overcome.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ebayorbust For This Useful Post:
onlinegirl (04-16-2013)
Old 04-16-2013

Very true

Next time I'm stuck on one of those barriers, legs all tangled up, i will remember that!