eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal payments still held even after postive feedback? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/59518-paypal-payments-still-held-even-after-postive-feedback.html)

johnnyleeds 04-30-2013 10:18 AM

Paypal payments still held even after postive feedback?

Hi folks!

I'm having trouble getting payments from Paypal to change from pending to released / cleared. I have 3 payments from 3 seperate buyers which are still being held until a release date which relates to 21 days after the date they were paid.

The buyers have all left me positive feedback on Ebay which Paypal states as one of the ways to 'get my money' quicker. Its a pain in the arse cos I had to pay for the postage for these items up front out of my own pocket, I thought that as soon as the buyers left positive feedback their Paypal payments would be 'released' but this hasnt been the case. I've still got to wait a furthur few weeks before I will be able to access this money according to Paypal.

What can I do about this? When I click on the 'Find out how you may get your money sooner.' link it takes me to a blank page...? Should I contact Paypal customer services or something?

many thanks

Johnny

Stigger 04-30-2013 10:27 AM

Loads of info on the forum....Do a search...A good one should give you what you need

johnnyleeds 04-30-2013 10:31 AM

Thanks TizWoz, a good what?

Stigger 04-30-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyleeds (Post 445214)
Thanks TizWoz, a good what?

Search

A good search should give you what you need.

johnnyleeds 04-30-2013 10:39 AM

oh right, thanks I'm trying but cant find anything relevant.

Jigsaw 04-30-2013 10:45 AM

Check the last post in this thread made a few weeks ago: http://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-ebay...till-hold.html

johnnyleeds 04-30-2013 10:50 AM

too late, after reading some posts on the Paypal forum I've contacted Paypal to ask them why they are holding these payments despite having positive feedback left. I hope I havent compromised my new stealth account. I'm just desperate to get my hands on some of the money, its only about £30 but I'm totally skint and I've had to use some of my last money posting these items over a week ago.

Jigsaw 04-30-2013 11:00 AM

You should be ok.

Did you provide tracking information that confirms delivery for all the orders?

johnnyleeds 04-30-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jigsaw (Post 445224)
You should be ok.

Did you provide tracking information that confirms delivery for all the orders?

Did I provide Paypal with tracking information? I dont think I did, but I paid for the postage and printed out the labels for the items via Paypal, but regardless of that the buyers have left positive feedback and according to Paypal they say that once buyers leave positive feedback they will 'release' any held payments.

Anyway I'm waiting to hear what Paypal have to say. I'm still in that dreadful period of being a 'new' seller and I guess these 21 day holds will continue for some time yet. I dont know how they expect people to carry on being limited to selling only 10 items per month and having every payment held for 21 days.

It should be a case of every successful item you sell and receive good feedback for, you ought to be allowed to sell another item. I've reached my 10 item selling limit in the first couple of weeks so now I have to wait until sometime in May before I can start to sell a few more items. I'm not a volume seller anyway.

TheRevolver 04-30-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyleeds (Post 445242)
Did I provide Paypal with tracking information? I dont think I did, but I paid for the postage and printed out the labels for the items via Paypal, but regardless of that the buyers have left positive feedback and according to Paypal they say that once buyers leave positive feedback they will 'release' any held payments.

Anyway I'm waiting to hear what Paypal have to say. I'm still in that dreadful period of being a 'new' seller and I guess these 21 day holds will continue for some time yet. I dont know how they expect people to carry on being limited to selling only 10 items per month and having every payment held for 21 days.

It should be a case of every successful item you sell and receive good feedback for, you ought to be allowed to sell another item. I've reached my 10 item selling limit in the first couple of weeks so now I have to wait until sometime in May before I can start to sell a few more items. I'm not a volume seller anyway.

Providing tracking is key to getting the funds released. I suggest you start providing tracking info for every package you ship.

When you provide tracking the funds are released 3 days after delivery is confirmed, without tracking it's usually around 21 days.

I was told by a Paypal rep about 3 or 4 months ago that positive feedback no longer releases the funds. I'm not sure if it's the same for UK but in US that's the case.

Also, try to max out that 10 item selling limit every month. Within 3 months the limits should be increased.