eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   How long do I have 21 day hold / 72 Hour Bank Transfer? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/60466-how-long-do-i-have-21-day-hold-72-hour-bank-transfer.html)

johnnyleeds 05-28-2013 08:15 AM

How long do I have 21 day hold / 72 Hour Bank Transfer?

Greetings!

I'm using my new ebay / paypal account that I created at the beginning of February 2013. I have all positive feedback for selling and buying but I'm still having all Paypal payments held for 21 days / until buyer leaves positive feedback. Plus when the payments have been released and I go to withdraw the money to my bank account it then takes a full 72 hours, or 3 full days before the money reaches my bank account.

Please can anyone tell me how long this goes on for because I'm sure its never taken this long before. I thought it was 90 days or something and its been over that now. Do I need to request Paypal remove these 'holds' or should I just keep waiting and hope they do it themselves?

Its been getting really frustrating because even cases where buyers have left positive feedback hasnt 'released' their payment and I've still had to wait the full 21 days, then a furthur 3 days for the withdrawal to my bank account - which is because everytime it says my withdrawal is subject to a security check or some bollocks!

Please can someone let me know what to expect or if I should contact Paypal regarding this.

Cheers!

Johnny

GreenBean 05-28-2013 09:07 AM

Right at the moment, both paypal & the UK banks are full of glitches. Things are as messy as I have ever seen them.

Paypal is not managing to update accounts or the bluidy banks are not getting the transfers thro' in a timely fashion. Natwest, Halifax,RBS all were slow for transfers. There have been internal bank changes there.

Remind me. Do you sell with a fully verified AND confirmed paypal? For some reason I do not think you do. That may be a slight influence on your still having holds.

What is the state of the account like otherwise? DSRs all good? Have there been issues with buyers.
Certainly it's not a usual state of affairs with paypal or banks....

Then again it may be a portend for the future. Routines may change.
Hope this does get sorted soon for you
:peace:

johnnyleeds 05-28-2013 09:39 AM

Hi Greenbean, thanks for your reply, my Paypal account is verified, but I dont know what you mean by 'confirmed' I've not reached the £1900 annual limit yet so they've not requested ID for that yet. I just wanted to know when the 21 day hold will be removed and when I will get normal transfers to my bank account that say approximately 2 hours but are normally pretty instant. Any ideas?

johnnyleeds 05-28-2013 09:43 AM

Aha!!! For the first time with this account I've just done a withdrawal to my bank account and it said '2 Hours' !!!! Hopefully this means I wont be subjected to the 72 hour security check anymore - touch wood! Still lumbered with this rotten 21 day hold though which is a bit of a pain cos it means I have to pay postage costs out of my own pocket until the buyer receives item and leaves positive feedback....

Dmshark25 05-28-2013 09:48 AM

That's great that UK accounts have that 2 hour transfer to bank, here in the US we always need to wait about 3 business days

BeriteBloggie 05-29-2013 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnyleeds (Post 453141)
Hi Greenbean, thanks for your reply, my Paypal account is verified, but I dont know what you mean by 'confirmed' I've not reached the £1900 annual limit yet so they've not requested ID for that yet. I just wanted to know when the 21 day hold will be removed and when I will get normal transfers to my bank account that say approximately 2 hours but are normally pretty instant. Any ideas?

By confirmed he means has a vcc been added and have you confirmed the 4 digit code you got on your vcc statement.

GreenBean 05-29-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeriteBloggie (Post 453400)
By confirmed he means has a vcc been added and have you confirmed the 4 digit code you got on your vcc statement.

Actually it is SHE

:pop2:

BeriteBloggie 05-29-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 453404)
Actually it is SHE

Apologies ma'am