Buying account limited - asked for bank statement - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 05-28-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Buying account limited - asked for bank statement

I have a paypal and ebay account set up with stealth details, I use an entropay card so the card gets billed no problem and the products are sent to a "gift" address. I have had the account running for about 3 months no problem, but over the bank holiday I have spent about £300 and it was limited and they held all payments that I made over the few days . They have asked to confirm my identity and to confirm my credit card. The card is no problem, they charge £1 and I need to send them the 4 digit number which shows on my statement, which I will do once it clears. But they have also asked to verify my ID by either doing a telephone call to a landline, sending a letter with 4 digit code, sending photo ID or sending proof of address.

I tried to do it through a phone call and added my legit landline phone number, which they said has been verified too many times. So I added a local phone box number and received the phone call, but when I pressed the verification keys, Paypal could not register it. So I have opted for the verification by sending proof of address of the bank statement.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-29-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by danetello View Post
I tried to do it through a phone call and added my legit landline phone number, which they said has been verified too many times. So I added a local phone box number and received the phone call, but when I pressed the verification keys, Paypal could not register it. So I have opted for the verification by sending proof of address of the bank statement.
Why on earth would you use your REAL phone number.

You just linked yourself.

Phone box trick has not worked for years. That is stated on the forum. ( as recently as last week).

Paypal will be OK with the bank statement that matches the stealth account.
Old 06-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by danetello View Post
Your account is pretty much toast because of the action of calling - stealth time - i wouldnt waste my time if I were you...buying account...easy to remake
Old 09-21-2013

Longevity: 78%
Default Re: Buying account limited - asked for bank statement

I've never had a problem with using my real details for a buying account, despite having many limited to either unpaid items (sorry people!), banned from PayPal (old, pre-stealth seller accounts) and not paying eBay selling fees after being banned - ALL accounts linked or using the same real details.

I still buy freely from ebay using PayPal Guest (you do need an unused debit/credit card - I've lost my wallet so many times recently I keep getting brand new cards anyway, some kind soul posted it back to me the other day!), delivered to my real address in my real name (ok, variation of my real name actually). I often prefer to collect items and pay cash for more expensive items.

Wearing my tin foil hat, I still (for no real reason) keep those buying accounts separate from each other cookie/windows user and IP address wise. Most of them are just dead, forgotten about, tossed aside. PayPal Guest has its spending limits which are attached to individual email addresses and sometimes bank cards, hence why I spread the load or move on to a new buying account when I reach the spending limit.

Anyway, that is my personal experience.. But not in any way official advice !