Will paypal release payments if I add tracking numbers? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 06-12-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Will paypal release payments if I add tracking numbers?

Hi folks!

I have another question about Paypal. Due to me been a 'new' seller I'm subjected to this 21 day hold on all Paypal payments, which means all payments are 'pending' for up to 21 days or until the buyer leaves positive feedback, I guess you all know this.

Anyway what I wanted to know is will Paypal also release the payments if I provide the parcels tracking numbers? I always add the tracking numbers to each paypal transaction once I have shipped them and have the tracking number, and I mark each one as 'sent' in Paypal. However this doesnt seem to release any payment, I wanted to know if it should release the payment?

Currently I'm having to pay the postage for all the items I sell on Ebay out of my own pocket / up front. This can be quite costly if I have over ten parcels and a couple of them are going overseas - the other week I had to pay over £50 in shipping costs, and I only see that money back once buyers have left good feedback. Even then the payments dont get released automatically, the past few times I've had to email or even phone Paypal and they've released the payments 'manually'. Its ridiculous!

I send many of my ebay parcels using Collect+ who advertise on the Ebay home page which is where I found them, but Paypal dont list Collect+ in their list of couriers for when I'm adding tracking details, so I have to select 'Other' and write 'Collect+' in a seperate box. I dont know if this is why my postage costs are not released either.

I've had it where I've paid for the postage for parcels and printed out the Royal Mail postage labels via the Paypal website, that time I did get the cost of postage released which was at least something. But many of my parcels are large and sending them via Royal Mail / Parcelforce isnt economical, Collect+ prices can be more than half price in comparison. Yet Paypal dont seem to recognise Collect+ as a 'reputable' courier apparently so I have to bear the cost of postage until I get positive feedback and then ask Paypal to release it ... grrrr!

Cheers!

Johnny

Old 06-12-2013

Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,075 Posts
Longevity: 65%

That's the one thing that I disagree with is not releasing and also taxing postage. I absolutely think the holds are good because it makes it harder for scammers , in the US once u upload tracking the payments are released just 3 days and sometimes 2 days after delivery, but I just wish that ebay would automatically release the holds on the postage and they also shouldn't take a percentage of that either
Old 06-13-2013

Longevity: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyleeds View Post
Hi folks!

I have another question about Paypal. Due to me been a 'new' seller I'm subjected to this 21 day hold on all Paypal payments, which means all payments are 'pending' for up to 21 days or until the buyer leaves positive feedback, I guess you all know this.

Anyway what I wanted to know is will Paypal also release the payments if I provide the parcels tracking numbers? I always add the tracking numbers to each paypal transaction once I have shipped them and have the tracking number, and I mark each one as 'sent' in Paypal. However this doesnt seem to release any payment, I wanted to know if it should release the payment?

Currently I'm having to pay the postage for all the items I sell on Ebay out of my own pocket / up front. This can be quite costly if I have over ten parcels and a couple of them are going overseas - the other week I had to pay over £50 in shipping costs, and I only see that money back once buyers have left good feedback. Even then the payments dont get released automatically, the past few times I've had to email or even phone Paypal and they've released the payments 'manually'. Its ridiculous!

I send many of my ebay parcels using Collect+ who advertise on the Ebay home page which is where I found them, but Paypal dont list Collect+ in their list of couriers for when I'm adding tracking details, so I have to select 'Other' and write 'Collect+' in a seperate box. I dont know if this is why my postage costs are not released either.

I've had it where I've paid for the postage for parcels and printed out the Royal Mail postage labels via the Paypal website, that time I did get the cost of postage released which was at least something. But many of my parcels are large and sending them via Royal Mail / Parcelforce isnt economical, Collect+ prices can be more than half price in comparison. Yet Paypal dont seem to recognise Collect+ as a 'reputable' courier apparently so I have to bear the cost of postage until I get positive feedback and then ask Paypal to release it ... grrrr!

Cheers!

Johnny

No jonny not always.

this have just changed from 3days to 7-10 now and this are not as smooth as they used to be.

i have also seen release dates extened (moving goal posts) even with all tracking added, feedback left and message to pp i saw the extend the release date for said items an extra 7 days., the release date was 14 days from sale and they extended it to 21. reflippingdiculos

Bend it, Shape it, Anyway you want it...http://www.auto-professionals.co.uk/...lies/dance.gif