eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Paypal appeal refused (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/65379-paypal-appeal-refused.html)

johnc 09-29-2013 09:31 AM

Paypal appeal refused

After reviewing your PayPal account, we’ve determined there is excessive
risk involved and would like to begin parting ways in a manner that is
least disruptive to your business.

If your account has a balance, that remaining balance will be held until
you complete the appeals steps. If you’re unable to complete the appeals
process for your PayPal account, access to the account will remain limited.
As explained in our User Agreement, the money in your PayPal account
balance may be held until you provide us with a valid proof of identity and
a valid proof of address. The balance is held to cover any disputes that
may be filed against your account.

WHAT? I've sent in the documents for the £1900 limit, the same as I always have. What do I do? I've got £1600 in the account, seriously help please.

rsot 09-29-2013 09:45 AM

Re: Paypal appeal refused

You sent in the documents that they wanted and they denied you...really not much can be seriously done - you can try to call them up and press agent for reinstatement in a professional manner but your chances are low.

180 day wait for the funds to be accessible

johnc 09-29-2013 09:50 AM

I could kill them you know. I can't even call them because the account name is in a woman's name. What could I do? So, if I don't get it reinstated, that's the ebay account gone as well? I might as well stop selling on it right now?

JamesNorth101 09-29-2013 09:51 AM

Sounds like you are going to have to wait out the 180 days.

The eBay may in time also be culled, but until then you can still sell on it accept methods of payment other than PayPal.

johnc 09-29-2013 09:52 AM

Shall I email them?

johnc 09-29-2013 11:57 AM

Will try calling them, can't do anything else. thanks

Ebayorbust 09-29-2013 05:46 PM

The account is gone and you'll have 180 days to wait for your money. I doubt phoning them will make any difference but good luck all the same.

rsot 09-30-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnc (Post 490292)
Will try calling them, can't do anything else. thanks

Might as well work on the voice a bit IF you do the call - still...unlikely to achieve much result but, sometimes, persistence gets you results

johnc 10-01-2013 02:31 PM

No luck folks, don't suppose adding another paypal to my ebay will keep the ebay account going?

He wouldn't tell me why it's been limited. I must have not wrote the details down correctly when opening the acc???

Have to wait 180 days. Is the ebay acc gone for sure?

rsot 10-01-2013 02:53 PM

Nope - adding another pp will often lead to THAT pp going down too...you want more money held for 180 days?!?

eB account isnt gone - if you want to keep it active, look at other accepted methods of payment like Skrill.

GreenBean 10-01-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnc (Post 490806)
No luck folks, don't suppose adding another paypal to my ebay will keep the ebay account going?

He wouldn't tell me why it's been limited. I must have not wrote the details down correctly when opening the acc???

Have to wait 180 days. Is the ebay acc gone for sure?

ebay account may survive.

Could you look at other payment options.

:mod:

tmastermind 10-02-2013 05:24 AM

Look at other payment options (Skrill is apparently a good one for UK) but personally id let the whole account cool and wait for your PP money. Perhaps use it as just a bits n bobs account for annoying stocks you cant get rid off that you want to recoup your money on with auctions.

Start working on replacing the account with another stealth account(s). Need to consider letting this one go and work on the other stealth.

Happens unfortunately in the game of stealth and the war with ebay, you win some and you lose some.... just try to win more than lose

rsot 10-02-2013 05:31 AM

Skrill is picking up popularity but still tough to get customers sometimes.

Make new stealth accounts

GreenBean 10-02-2013 05:43 AM

@rost

Are you trying SKRILL on ebay co uk or summising from hearing from others?

:spy:

rsot 10-02-2013 07:48 AM

Have worked with Skrill in general

GreenBean 10-02-2013 07:51 AM

So nothing recent or UK based.

It's not going as well as we thought with our tester.

Still checking issues.

rsot 10-02-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 490971)
So nothing recent or UK based.

It's not going as well as we thought with our tester.

Still checking issues.

Recent on US accounts yes (works alright) - Canada...pp working very well so not going there - on my UK accounts, been sticking to PP and was looking into Skrill but with your "issues" noted...hmm either hold off or move in faster with testing.

GreenBean 10-02-2013 08:22 AM

Issue is buyer education.

:focus:

rsot 10-02-2013 01:49 PM

It sure is an issue - takes time, reading, and experimentation to solve when in doubt...you know it :thumb:

dburnside 10-03-2013 12:00 PM

I phoned ebay about mine , lovely paddy from dublin said he didnt want me as a customer and goodbye. Much as i expected, lucky i had withdrawn yesterday and only had £50 sitting in it

johnc 10-04-2013 11:15 AM

Sorry about that. I thought, hmmm should I withdraw my funds? No it will look suspicious, so I left it in and BAM. Paypal can do one.

GreenBean 10-04-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnc (Post 491673)
Sorry about that. I thought, hmmm should I withdraw my funds? No it will look suspicious, so I left it in and BAM. Paypal can do one.

Such a fine line about what balance to leave in any paypal account.

Never trust them is my motto.

:nono:

rsot 10-07-2013 01:49 PM

Yet another reason to spread out sales and do small withdrawal once activity gets steady

babs35 12-22-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnc (Post 491673)

are you still using the ebay account?

babs35 12-22-2013 03:50 PM

same thing happen to my paypal account.

will i loose my ebay power seller account?
also i have Outstanding Payment : £96.10 (ebay fee) , but my paypal is limited.

what should i do?

thanks

Sebecaa 11-04-2017 11:53 AM

Hi i have just received an e-mail from them too. What do they want to tell me, i dont understand ...

Dear Xxxxxx xxxx,

Important information:

We regret to inform you that we're initiating the closure of your PayPal account. This measure is necessary to protect us from potential financial losses.

Your right to appeal:

We always perform a thorough investigation before deciding to initiate the closure of an account. However, we appreciate that from time to time misunderstandings can happen. If you wish, you can appeal our decision. Just get in touch with us and let us know. To do so, log in to your PayPal account and click 'Contact' at the bottom of the page. Select 'Managing My Account' as the topic and 'My account is limited' as the sub-topic, then send your message.

Your account balance during the account closure period:

This decision means we must oversee the appropriate movement of any money currently in your account. A gradual approach to account closure allows us to part ways, while considering any liabilities that may arise. Our aim is to review any valid buyer claims lodged against you. We must allow enough time for claims to be opened as these can take several months to be reported and resolved.

How will the process work?

1. We'll hold any money currently in your account in accordance with points 1-3 below. We do this because it provides sufficient time for most claims, such as chargebacks, to be opened by other parties. These claims can result in financial loss. If your account balance is below zero, you'll have to settle the amount owing on your account to avoid further action.
2. Our first review at 30 days from the date of this email will calculate our exposure and we'll release any excess money to you at that time for withdrawal. We'll communicate this to you at the time. This review can result in 3 different outcomes as detailed in points 1-3 below. We'll always communicate the outcome of our reviews to you.

1. We'll release your entire remaining balance to you for withdrawal. Please note that if you choose not to withdraw the money at that point we reserve the right to re-coup any money at the next review; or
2. We'll release a part of your remaining balance to you. If this is the case we'll inform you about how much money can be withdrawn. We'll then conduct another review 30 days later that will repeat the process detailed under section 2; or
3. We won't release any funds to you if we deem our exposure to be greater than or equal to your available balance.

Your account may be reviewed up to 5 times; at 30 day intervals until day 180 from the date of this email. If any money remains in your account at day 180 it will be made available for withdrawal at that point.

Accounts with a balance owing to PayPal:

If your account shows an amount owing to us, you must add money to ensure that the balance returns to zero. Please note that we reserve the right to recover the amount by legal means.

A copy of our User Agreement can be found by clicking 'Legal Agreements' at the bottom of any PayPal page. Our right to close your PayPal account, and the retention of funds, are covered in our User Agreement under sections 10.2 and 10.3

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

Sebecaa 11-04-2017 12:42 PM

:-( please help ... i dont know what to do ... :-;

Sebecaa 11-04-2017 01:16 PM

Will my account be opened again or they will Hold my money really for 180 days ??

vlb 11-07-2017 05:51 AM

they will hold your cash for 180 days to mitigate any chargebacks etc.

after the 180 days they will probably ask you for ID and depending on how they are feeling that day they will either allow you to withdraw your money or give you thew run around.

Its a lottery.

James Brown 11-17-2017 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vlb (Post 882781)
they will hold your cash for 180 days to mitigate any chargebacks etc.

after the 180 days they will probably ask you for ID and depending on how they are feeling that day they will either allow you to withdraw your money or give you thew run around.

Its a lottery.

Unless you can provide genuine ID its unlikely they will release your money after 180 days - especially Paypal UK. Paypal must have millions held in limited accounts all around the world. If account holders cannot provide the ID what happens to the money??

vlb 12-18-2017 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Brown (Post 885101)
Unless you can provide genuine ID its unlikely they will release your money after 180 days - especially Paypal UK. Paypal must have millions held in limited accounts all around the world. If account holders cannot provide the ID what happens to the money??

it would be nice to know exactly how much. Pity they dont have to respond to FOI requests.

mrleo123 12-21-2017 08:53 AM

i have the same issue . I received over 2500 euros so they requested documents. after uploading documents i get the email your account has been restored

then a week later trying to withdraw the funds i receive an email titled appeal refused

i phoned them and their argument was the documents haven't been accepted

so i tell them well you did because my account was restored. they insisted on ignoring that comment and said i need to upload a different form of ID.

any suggestions guys