"we noticed an issue with your account"? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 10-15-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 61%
Default "we noticed an issue with your account"?

Hi there!

Sorry this is a pretty long post, but I am just a little worried :S

Last week I received this email from paypal

"IMPORTANT - ACTION REQUIRED

As part of keeping your Paypal account records up-to-date it is important that we are able to verify the ownership of you Paypal Account.

The name on your account profile suggest that your account is owned by a registered company. In order to confirm this and to keep your account details up-to-date please could you complete the following steps:"

Basically paypal want me to log in confirm my company name etc and provide copies of i.d

None of these are a problem I have had this account a little over a year now with no issues.

It's actually in my name, my home address and everything.

The only issue is my (business) partner has previously been banned from using paypal/ebay, we came up with an idea to sell some items I had never had an ebay or paypal account before so I set both up - easy peasy!

She set up bank accounts and limited company. For the first 3 months we didn't register as a business on either site - because we weren't sure the idea would work.

After around 4 months it was going pretty well so we set everything up it properly and give it a real go and it has been going smoothly ever since but we have always been worried that at some point ebay/paypal might knock on our door so to speak and say they know my partner is involved and therefore shut us down.

In anycase a few days ago I got a chance to log in and provide my details but couldn't do it, I think I actually managed to press the wrong button lol so I rang up and spoke to a gentleman who basically said OK just upload your drivers license and bank statements, that's all we need.

I did mention to him that I did do that before but I wasn't too worried, neither was he.

As he was finishing the call he asked me if I was the sole director, I panicked and said yes but I am not my business partner is also a director but I didn't have the courage to say no and find out what he said after that?

I wondered if paypal check this kind of thing? My partner thinks if it was a big issue they would have put some kind of restriction on the account already.

My account does say it is limited but I can still do everything and I have 37 days to provide the info that they are asking

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions please?

Thanks

Jane
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-27-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Re: "we noticed an issue with your account"?

Just create a new paypal account. This is easy and you will avoid all the hassles.
Old 10-27-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Re: "we noticed an issue with your account"?

Creating a new PP would not solve the issue.

How much money have you had go though this PP account?