eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Telephone confirmation (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/6724-telephone-confirmation.html)

nightkrawl 08-22-2008 07:43 PM

Telephone confirmation

"In the past 12 months, you have received £650.00 GBP or more into your PayPal account.

This means you are on your way to approaching the £1,700.00 GBP annual receiving limit. This limit is put in place to allow us to comply with our applicable Anti-Money Laundering regulations.

If you do reach the annual receiving limit of £1,700.00 GBP you will no longer be able to withdraw or send money, fund transactions or close your account until you complete certain steps to lift your limit.

It is simple to complete the steps to lift your limit."

Is the message I get every time I log in to PayPal (btw I'm fully verified), I'm sure many people have got this. I have already added and confirmed my bank account and I have one step left "Validate your account information" which basically is "Select a phone number. PayPal will call you back."

The problem I'm having is that I tried to input my mobile number but they don't allow it as they want a landline, and putting my real landline number is out of the question. I've heard of call forwading, sites such as "tollfreeforwading" etc but have had 0 success with them. I'd be really happy if you all could help me out :)

Thanks

BooMer 08-22-2008 08:17 PM

I just recently added a home phone # to validate and then they ask you to input a 4 digit pin to verify that they give you.

I used my home # that was previously used on ebay which was suspended. I just added that # on paypal and as soon as I finished with the phone verification I deleted the # from Paypal. This worked for me and saved me lots of time from trying to do a call forwarding or find someone I could rely on.

nightkrawl 08-22-2008 09:43 PM

Good idea, just tried it but...

"Validate your account information results
Unfortunately we couldn’t successfully validate your account information by phone because:

Using publicly available databases, we were unable to match your address to the phone number you selected.

Selected Phone Number: +44 ********

Selected Address:
----------------
----------------------"

The reason it worked for you is because your number matched your area of residence/address since you have your real details on there. I forgot to mention that I have a adddress on my PayPal account based in a totally different city to mine so its understandable this hasn't worked.

Anyone got any ideas :confused:

Quasi_Mojo 08-22-2008 11:01 PM

I came across this UK money phone boxes for verification thread a few days ago. You might want to give it a try. I would think you'd have to go to an area where your address is, though.

nightkrawl 08-22-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quasi_Mojo (Post 55747)
I came across this UK money phone boxes for verification thread a few days ago. You might want to give it a try. I would think you'd have to go to an area where your address is, though.

That's not possible or convenient since I live too far away from the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address on my PayPal account. Would of done this if I was.

Quasi_Mojo 08-22-2008 11:22 PM

How about changing your address to one that's closer to you, and then using that method?
Sorry if I'm not very helpful. I'm just throwing about ideas.

ebayhateluv 08-23-2008 07:48 PM

HI Guys.. Maybe some uk folks can chime in...
We dont have the same thing in the usa.. they limit us for $10 if they want to--then require a laundry list of info to lift the limitaiton..

mantisinc 08-24-2008 10:44 AM

The only possible way, is to find a phone box near to the address you gave.

Other than that - you're not going to anywhere I'm afraid.

nightkrawl 08-24-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mantisinc (Post 55875)
The only possible way, is to find a phone box near to the address you gave.

Other than that - you're not going to anywhere I'm afraid.

Or to get a virtual phone number based in the city, and then redirected to my mobile phone similar to 'tollfreeforwading'.

nightkrawl 10-03-2008 07:55 AM

bump, can anyone help?

mattcafc 10-10-2008 06:15 AM

When you create your address, use your next door neighbours.

So if you are ay 97 Blah Road, put in 95 Blah Road, and use your real number

It works for me on Paypal. I have used my neighbours up to 10 doors away (All on the same street) and my home phone number works fine

GreenBean 10-10-2008 06:36 AM

Do I gather that your home phone number has never been associated with either a suspended ebay account or a limited paypal account? I agree with your address suggestions but the phone number part is woolly. Sure if the phone is 'clean' this works. If the number has been used as I described, what then,Matt?

mattcafc 10-10-2008 03:14 PM

Its the same number I use thats been used on suspended Ebay accounts. Havent had a problem using it on Paypal. Just cant use it on Ebay