eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Ppal payments pending?!?!? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/8134-ppal-payments-pending.html)

medway30 11-14-2008 09:05 AM

Ppal payments pending?!?!?

Hi I just got my first payments into my ppal account and they have been held until all items are sent out and I receive positive feedback on bay or 21 days has passed without any complaints!

Has anyone else had this? Is this the way ppal will be working from now on?? I dont want to send items out until money is in my bank account as I dont intend to waste my money sending out items only for ppal to limit account and keep the money as has happened so many times before!

Not happy:(

kolomty 11-14-2008 11:28 AM

yes weve all had it.

aking 11-14-2008 12:52 PM

looks like you haven't done any research, we all have this problem

MYC 11-14-2008 12:53 PM

If you have a large purchase just send the buyer a invoice and mark it as "goods" not "ebay items"....... that is the only way I know around it.......... and yes IT STINKS!

GREMLIN 11-15-2008 08:13 AM

I have the same problem. Have sold an lcd and they have said the sam thing to me. So i have posted the item hoping everything will get sorted

yaw1800 11-15-2008 10:16 AM

one thing i noticed also is that the "positive feedback" part is crap. i told the buyer about the issue and fortunately he was generous about waiting it out (you dont see too much of that on eBay these days). As gratitude i refunded the buyer $5 and boom, the rest of the funds were released (sale was for $130). i cant guarantee that this happens all the time but im saying dont depend on the positive feedback crap.. or you might have to call them

medway30 11-16-2008 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aking (Post 65141)
looks like you haven't done any research, we all have this problem

Ive done plenty of research thank you! And this is for UK not US!

It is a new things that ppal are doing, my account is not limited, apparently this is what ppal will be doing on all sales unless you have over 100 positive feedback and some other thing about percentages not got a clue what they are on about.

I guess it is now time to give up on ppal as I dont intend gambling with sendng iems out and pal keeping my money!

GreenBean 11-16-2008 05:48 AM

medway,
paypal have been doing this little nasty across USA,UK and Australia. Many many accounts have their funds held subject to paypal's whim. If this is a brand new ebay/paypal account you can not expect them to like you, can you? Paypal do not give a toss about you so that is why they hold funds.

GREMLIN 11-21-2008 04:16 PM

I have recieved posative feedback for the lcd and paypal have released my funds. I have since then sold another lcd and paypal are holding my money again till i get posative feedback or 21 days pass without problems. This is a bummer. For how long will they keep doing this. I had the same problem some time ago on amazon, if you havent got any seller history with them they hold payments for 30 days The customer just didnt leave any feedback at all even after numerous attempts kindly asking to leave feedback.
Does anyone know how long paypal keep at this with new accounts?
:(

Here We Go Again 11-21-2008 04:33 PM

PLEASE do a forum search on the 21 Day Hold issue.
There are MANY threads that are current and running that answers that exact question.
A little research goes a LONG ways here.
I will even give you the search link so you don't have to go out of your way to look for it on your own.
Try This link:
Search the Aspkins Forum for your answers

cath 11-21-2008 04:39 PM

don't they release the funds two days after delivery confirmation?

GREMLIN 11-21-2008 05:14 PM

no
this is the email i recived

You've received a payment, detailed below. We've placed a temporary hold on the funds for this transaction.

eBay and PayPal are working together to make it safer than ever to buy on eBay. One of the boldest steps is to identify transactions that pose the greatest risk of fraud and holding the payments from sellers for a period of time to help ensure that the transactions go smoothly.

We'll release the payment for the eBay item if either of the following occurs:

* The buyer leaves you positive feedback on eBay.
* It's been 21 days since the payment date and you haven't received a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction being held

Additional hold period

If you receive a dispute, claim, chargeback, or reversal on the transaction, we may hold the payment until the problem is resolved.

paypal dont ask for the tracking number so they dont know when the item is deliverd

cath 11-21-2008 05:25 PM

you have to manually add the tracking # under details of the transaction. I am positive they will remove the hold after a few days with delivery confirmation. This is what they do to me sometimes

GREMLIN 11-22-2008 08:08 AM

Cath i have done some reading on this forum and this is not the case.As a dispute could be opened after the item has been delivered, due to this paypal allow the customer 21 days or a posative feedback. there is however another way to release your funds unfortunatly im not able to post this info on this forum.

makemoney 08-02-2009 08:45 AM

i have the same situation of this 21 days hold issue. my problem is that aside from this being a new account, ebay suspended my account. so my question is, can i still get my money once the customer posted a positive feedback? can the customer actually post a positive feedback while my account is suspended? i have about 7 sold items and all funds are withheld. thanks.

philly387 08-02-2009 09:05 AM

Feedback can't be posted on a suspended account. So you will have to wait 21 days or 3 days after the item has been delivered if you use tracking/confirmation.

makemoney 08-02-2009 06:29 PM

hi philly387. thanks for the info. glad to know i will still receive my money even if its after 21 days. its long but getting my money back is all i care about right now.