Can't pay with bank account on stealth account, only debit card - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 05-30-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
Question Can't pay with bank account on stealth account, only debit card

I've got a new stealth account in my own name fully verified with all limits lifted. I've got an Entropay debit card verified. I've got a bank account verified in my own name (bank account I never used with Paypal before).

I've never used the Paypal account until today. I'm trying to buy a low value item on Ebay from a Buy it Now seller and it won't let me pay via Paypal with my bank account. It will only let me pay with my debit card. I've also tried to send a payment to someone and it will only let me use my debit card.

Why will it NOT let me use my bank account when my account is fully verified and all limits lifted? I remember last year when I had a legitamate Paypal account that whenever I tried to pay with Paypal it would always select my bank account as the funding method much to my annoyance as I wanted to use my credit card as I get cashback on my card so I would always have to manually select my credit card as the funding source. Now on my stealth account the apposite is true and it's forcing me to use my debit card!

Do I need to wait several days before I can use my bank account?
Do I need to make several transactions with my card before I can use my bank account?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-31-2015

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Can't pay with bank account on stealth account, only debit card

Not sure on this as if you choose to pay via your bank then isnt that an Echeque as it has to allow time for funding clearance, Are you not meaning paying your fees via bank set up as that is different, everytime I have made a purchase it goes off the PP balance then credit/debt card secondly to cover the payment instantly.
However payment of ebay fees usually goes PP balance then bank, thought this is a option you can change in seller account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyJoe View Post
I've got a new stealth account in my own name fully verified with all limits lifted. I've got an Entropay debit card verified. I've got a bank account verified in my own name (bank account I never used with Paypal before).

I've never used the Paypal account until today. I'm trying to buy a low value item on Ebay from a Buy it Now seller and it won't let me pay via Paypal with my bank account. It will only let me pay with my debit card. I've also tried to send a payment to someone and it will only let me use my debit card.

Why will it NOT let me use my bank account when my account is fully verified and all limits lifted? I remember last year when I had a legitamate Paypal account that whenever I tried to pay with Paypal it would always select my bank account as the funding method much to my annoyance as I wanted to use my credit card as I get cashback on my card so I would always have to manually select my credit card as the funding source. Now on my stealth account the apposite is true and it's forcing me to use my debit card!

Do I need to wait several days before I can use my bank account?
Do I need to make several transactions with my card before I can use my bank account?
Old 05-31-2015

Longevity: 52%

oh and to pay via bank would only be default if you didnt have a card added to your PP account
Old 06-01-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie2065 View Post
oh and to pay via bank would only be default if you didnt have a card added to your PP account
I used to have a legitimate Paypal account and I could always pay with my bank account as an option or debit card. So why on my stealth account isn't bank account an option when my account is verified with limits lifted?
Old 06-01-2015

Longevity: 76%

Do not send echeques, if you want to buy something add an entropay card and top that up to fund the payment.
Old 06-02-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callidus View Post
Do not send echeques, if you want to buy something add an entropay card and top that up to fund the payment.
Instant Bank Transfer isn't an eCheque. My bank account name matches my stealth account name so why shouldn't I send a payment by bank transfer? I specifically got a stealth account in my own name so I could pay by bank transfer so I don't need to waste money on topping up via Entropay.

The point is, I can NOT pay by bank transfer, the only option it's giving me is debit card. Does anyone know why, when my account is fully verified with no limits?
Old 06-02-2015

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyJoe View Post
Instant Bank Transfer isn't an eCheque. My bank account name matches my stealth account name so why shouldn't I send a payment by bank transfer? I specifically got a stealth account in my own name so I could pay by bank transfer so I don't need to waste money on topping up via Entropay.

The point is, I can NOT pay by bank transfer, the only option it's giving me is debit card. Does anyone know why, when my account is fully verified with no limits?
In all fairness, just listen to the members who try to advise you who have been doing this for a long long time. Callidus said whats best to do, very easy, only takes a minute and jobs a good'un.

Old 06-03-2015
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
In all fairness, just listen to the members who try to advise you who have been doing this for a long long time. Callidus said whats best to do, very easy, only takes a minute and jobs a good'un.

Those members have obviously been using a stealth account in a different name so of course those members have to use a credit card. I made it clear that I have a stealth account with a bank account in my own name so I should be able to pay by bank account so advising me to pay with a card doesn't help me at all.

I guess no other members here use a stealth account with a bank account in their real name. To those that do, today the problem has resolved itself. I can now pay with my bank account. Several days ago the first thing I used for Paypal was to buy a low value item on Ebay. I paid with my VCC as it wouldn't let me use my bank account to pay for it. Each day after that for the past several days I tried to pay with my bank account for something else but it wasn't giving me the option. However after several days, today it's giving me the option to pay with my bank account. So basically you just have to wait several days.
Old 06-03-2015

Longevity: 56%

Well yes, Stealth, meaning Stealth. Not 'heres my name'

But glad you got got it sorted.