can paypal do this - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 01-19-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 89%
Default can paypal do this

Hi
When i list a product on ebay i clearly explain what my returns policy and refund policy is. I have had 2 customers claiming to paypal that the appliance i sold to them appear to be faulty. They have put in this dispute 2 months after purchasing the product from me and leaving me posative feedback. In the notes section that paypal provide you with when they ask you to assist them with the dispute i clearly mention that the customers have a warrenty and the appliance will get looked at by the warrenty section. I also mention that a refund policy of 7 days is offered by myself however this has clearly past that period so no refund will be offered.

On both occasions paypal has said that the dispute has gone in the favour of the buyer and they will be sending back the lcd and a full refund will be issued.

How can paypal do this 2 months down the line after it is clearly mentioned. Surly paypal can not interfere and give the customer a refund. Is there anything i can do to take action against paypals decsion?

cheers
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,484 Times in 1,192 Posts
Longevity: 91%

This has happened to me. It is well known that paypal favours buyer regardless of an auction stating no returns, or has specific returns policy , whatever.
Also beware of postage, especially abroad, if it doesnt have tracking, its in the buyers favour, if they say havent received it, so forget international signed for, it means nothing as its not tracked after Uk border.
Old 01-21-2009

Longevity: 89%

Hi
What type of dispute was opended by the buyer...SNAD?

PayPal can not refund the buyer if they are claiming a dispute after 2 months.
Always "remind" paypal of thier own rules when in dispute by copy and pasting thier own agrements in the coment box.

Paypal BUYERS protection:Eligibility Requirements.
Buyers must raise a dispute within 45 days of a single PayPal payment for the full price of the item

13.8 Dispute Resolution

If you are unable to resolve a problem directly with the seller, go to the Resolution Centre and follow this process:

Open a Dispute

Open a Dispute within 45 days of the date you made the payment for the item you would like to dispute

#

13.11 What is the process for the Buyer Compliant Policy

Similar to PayPal Buyer Protection, you must file a Dispute in the PayPal Resolution Centre within 45 days of the date you sent the payment. Once you have done so, you should attempt to resolve the Dispute directly with the seller.

If its been more than 45 days they are NOT eligible for protection (case closed).

Also how much have they been refunded? Was your item BUY IT NOW?

13.9 eBay Items Eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection. Every item on eBay (except Live Auctions and vehicles) that meets the above requirements is eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection up to £150 (Basic Tier amount), but items are only eligible for PayPal Buyer Protection up to £500 (Top tier amount) (and should be identified as eligible items in the eBay listing) if:

1. The seller's eBay feedback rating is at least 50;
2. At least 98% of the seller's eBay feedback is positive;

So If your feedback is less 98% or feedback lower than 50 they can only claim back £150.

Always remember to get thier on law book out and "remind" them.

hope this helps
Old 01-21-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

'2 months loosely' is merely semantics, Modee. WTH should a seller be out of
pocket with a buyers' remorse especially after carefully outlining a refund policy.
Oh, wait, it's paypal. The seller does not matter. QUACK