eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Am I doing something wrong? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/94393-am-i-doing-something-wrong.html)

Newbie_Ebayer 03-03-2016 09:10 AM

Am I doing something wrong?

Hi all,

First post. Please be kind. I have read these forums, but need to ask a question.

Managed to get a Santander basic account. I understand that basic accounts are best.

I created a new PayPal stealth account. When I tried to add my new account, it immediately gave a prompt saying that the account has been disabled.

Did I do something wrong? Is Santander bad, like LLoyds?

realdeals 03-03-2016 12:22 PM

Re: Am I doing something wrong?

Santander basic is fine, added one myself to a new stealth last week.

zamzam 03-03-2016 01:41 PM

I have over 3 Santander accounts all running fine, maybe its something else too which might have played a part in getting this account disabled...

Ebayorbust 03-03-2016 01:44 PM

Yes, Santander works fine for stealth.

OP, you'll need to list in detail what steps you took when creating the account so that it can be identified where you went wrong. Looks like you have missed an important step given you got instantly limited.

Newbie_Ebayer 03-03-2016 09:50 PM

Hi all,

Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated.

I am not limited. The PayPal account is OK. Steps are:
-New IP address
-New Windows user
-New mobile number
-Browser used is FireFox.

When I created the PayPal account using all new things as above, I then went to add a bank account. I inputted the Santander sort code and account number. I clicked to continue. This is when the words came up in red, stating that my bank account is disabled.

Mack the Knife 03-05-2016 07:37 AM

Had this same problem! I think PP is clamping down.

Anyway, here's a tip. Halifax is giving £125 to switch to them, to be paid in 3 days after switch complete. Gonna do this with basic account.

Twisty 03-05-2016 07:47 AM

Santander is perfectly fine. Current, basic or saver. Santanders banking systems are not like Lloyds. If anything, there is a greater chance you may face issues with Halifax as they are part of the same group as Lloyds.

Also, all these switching services are for current accounts not basic accounts.

realdeals 03-05-2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mack the Knife (Post 752431)
Had this same problem! I think PP is clamping down.

Well you think wrong then.

just_smile 03-05-2016 08:05 AM

Was this the first time you tried to add the bank account op?

How old was the bank account?

Mack the Knife 03-05-2016 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twisty (Post 752433)
Santander is perfectly fine. Current, basic or saver. Santanders banking systems are not like Lloyds. If anything, there is a greater chance you may face issues with Halifax as they are part of the same group as Lloyds.

Also, all these switching services are for current accounts not basic accounts.

Indeed!

I opened a normal Halifax current account (not basic, you can't apply for basic account directly with Halifax, you're offered basic if not successful with normal current account application). I did not switch immediately. Got an e-mail asking me to switch. I clicked. Details all filled out, just needed to input Santander basic account details. A few days later, hey presto, £125 in new Halifax current account.

Gist is, you can switch from a basic account.

Mack the Knife 03-05-2016 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by realdeals (Post 752437)
Well you think wrong then.

Well... this is what happened.

I had 2 Santander savers 'disabled' as soon as I inputted for 2 new stealths. I assume this is the problem the OP faced, as in not PP limited. My Santander basic account and savers had same sort code, i.e. 09-01-28.