Paypal Business Account Now asking for everything under the sun! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 03-22-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default Paypal Business Account Now asking for everything under the sun!

For quite a long time now, i've been creating legit limited companies and hiding behind them in paypal.

but for the last 3 days, paypal have changed there confirm information page section and now are asking for bloody everything, even directors full information and proof of address.

When creating Business stealths, i registered legit businesses and then created a stealth account based on my "employee" (stealth person) to officially run the account.

However, there new lift limits page has started to ask for full directors information, proof of address, proof of everything left right and center.

Anyone come across this?

Also, one of my legit businesses has a manager that runs the account for me. that paypal was easily passed electronically with his details.

Now i've just tried opening a new business account, with the same guy running the new business account (but different company) and it's rejecting his details electronically, instantly wanting proof of ID, Proof of Address etc... even though nothing in his details have changed.

Have paypal stopped doing electronic requests?
It seems to me that they are now requesting ID at every opportunity?

is this something that paypal is now going to start doing? ID waiting times are bad as it is.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-22-2016

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: Paypal Business Account Now asking for everything under the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post

is this something that paypal is now going to start doing? ID waiting times are bad as it is.
You can still use the account taking payments etc, once you hit the threshold your account will go to a review for the docs you provided. I always use the account it looks more legit rather than it sitting waiting for pp to decide. Or off course if its all legit docs anyway just phone them to look at the docs n lift limits there and then.

Im sure for the PP to pass electronically it has to match the persons correct info and the post code they are registered at for the voters roll ( in my experience)
Old 03-22-2016
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mao View Post
You can still use the account taking payments etc, once you hit the threshold your account will go to a review for the docs you provided. I always use the account it looks more legit rather than it sitting waiting for pp to decide. Or off course if its all legit docs anyway just phone them to look at the docs n lift limits there and then.

Im sure for the PP to pass electronically it has to match the persons correct info and the post code they are registered at for the voters roll ( in my experience)
Oh i'm not new to stealth, the account is still taking payments.

What i mean is, i employ an account manager/s who has never had an account before with paypal.

This account was created with my limited company business details, and his information was confirmed without ID electronically. I am the owner and shareholder behind the account. This was account 1!

However, we just created a brand new account with exact details but a completely new limited company business. Paypal rejected electronically the same exact personal information, and wanted identification instantly.
but they are also now asking for identification and proof of address for all shareholders and directors. (this is just to lift the withdrawing, receiving etc.. limits) This was account 2.

This is how i was legally getting around using correct information without having to show identification. "employing account managers". All my accounts were being confirmed.

It was also my way of opening Uk bank accounts without having trouble opening loads of accounts, as these were in company account names, rather then my own.

So now when i try to open a new account, with legit personal information, they are asking for identification on everything, including the directors and shareholders. (which is moi)

This did not use to happen i have also tested the information on non- limited company accounts and also a personal account, all with legit information.

Paypal changed there confirm information page and since then, every electronic confirmation is rejected.

Even though i opened an account with the same information 30 days ago that was confirmed electronically straight away, on the old page.

I do no, it's fine to have accounts in company names that are completely different companies but owned by the same group/person. As limited companies are a "whats the word for it" a stand alone person/entity!
Old 03-23-2016
Threadstarter  

just got word that this is also happening to people who create USA accounts with real details too, everyone getting rejected electronically.

Wonder if paypals credit search has broken down, or they are no longer able to search local databases?