PP wants to verify my identity, personal infos and bank/credit card - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > UK eBay & Paypal > UK PayPal Talk

UK PayPal Talk General issues related to UK Paypal

Old 04-28-2016

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 47%
Default PP wants to verify my identity, personal infos and bank/credit card

Hi guys.

I live in Ireland, have an ebay and pp registered in Ireland. I bought ebay stealht program couple of months ago but sill need help. Today I have received this lovely message from PP:

"You have received €1,800 or more in total payments to your PayPal account in this calendar year and are therefore approaching our annual receiving limit of €2,500. PayPal is required by law to comply with European Union Anti-Money Laundering regulations by collecting information from customers when they reach this limit. Please go to the Resolution Centre for more information on what you need to do."

Why am I stealth in the first place? Because my wifes ebay acc is close to get permanately suspended. So, I did not want to risk registrating my acc under the same address.

Before I found out for this forum, I decided to open another account. I did everything ok, I think. I used different IP adress, put ⊗⊗⊗⊗ phisical address both on ebay and paypal, I put my name and surname, and wrong date of birth on Paypal. I was not able to verify my credit card, because back then I did not know paypal has this system which recognizes if your credit card details are matching your paypal details (btw, does this system compare only your address or any other informations, as well, ie your date of bifth?)

When I tryed to put my credit card, I tryed to put my real address (which is the same like my wifes address, whos account is very close to get banned forever, as I said before). I think this was mistake, but I was able to run with this stealh account without any restrictions for 4 months.

So, lets get back to message I received from PP. What is the reason they sent that? If they are telling the truth, then it is not possible to have stealth account because they want proof of your identity?

What options do I have here? I can open a bank account and get credit card from my friends address and then put those details in? I will have to change date of birth as well because I put wrong year on purpose, now I will have to give them my correct details.

Is this worth of effort? Or should I just get new bank acc and credit card and open a new ebay&pp account under my real name and details, except the address would be different?

Sorry if post is confusing, I really need help here.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 04-28-2016

Longevity: 56%
Default Re: PP wants to verify my identity, personal infos and bank/credit card

This is standard practice on all accounts, its the EU Limit, where they have to check identity by law under Money Laundering Regs.

You need to provide them with what they ask for. Its fairly simple to be creative with your documents.

Every UK PP account you open will be the same once you hit this amount. There are no exceptions.
The Following User Says Thank You to wired For This Useful Post:
eusebio (04-29-2016)
Old 04-29-2016
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 47%
Default Re: PP wants to verify my identity, personal infos and bank/credit card

Tnx.

Saying creative - are they so naive so they do not check your ID/bank statement, whatever you have provided?

It is very intersting fact that on my other pp account they have never asked me to provide anything. And I reached that limit very quickly.