eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Lloyds STSB --- might be a good alternative ! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/9708-lloyds-stsb-might-good-alternative.html)

mattytman 02-24-2009 02:43 PM

Lloyds STSB --- might be a good alternative !

Hi,

Just a quick note to say that the new e-saver at Lloydstsb accepts PayPal D/D etc.

Just open a current account and your free to open up to 11 e-savers online.

I have used everyone with varying degrees of success (pre-askpin!). I decided to give something a try yesterday. I popped into my local branch and closed ALL of my e-savers that had been previously linked to paypal (excluding only 1 that I needed to keep in order to get my funds back in 180 days!)

You have to do this in branch - e-savers cannot be closed via the phone like other accounts. The great thing here is that I was able to open as many as I had closed once I got home! This, in effect, gives me the opportunity (if I have the balls :P) to keep going to the bank, closing suspended accounts and re-opening more.

I have to go now - the fraud squad are at the door :P

:fight:

oompaloompa 02-25-2009 01:30 PM

some uk forum members report that Lloyds, is sharing info, personally had no probs with different names and using Llyods.

GreenBean 02-25-2009 04:39 PM

Red alert. This type of account was one used with a paypal account that got limited. Suggest we re-appraise its benefits later.

oompaloompa 02-26-2009 04:44 AM

Ok, so Llyods saver is one thats wacked...

that explains why I had no difficulty with regular current account with them

mattytman 02-26-2009 05:28 AM

Thanks - I'll keep an eye it for it. Will it definitely get pulled at some point.

You see, I have an awful credit rating so I have no chance of getting another current account with a bank. I don't know if I can just open online savers with Barclays etc without first having a current account?!

Cheers guys

mattytman 03-06-2009 10:54 AM

OK Guys - scrap the thread - I made two PayPal Stealth accounts with these Lloyds savers and got the "There was a bank processing error" message...dagnammit!

Thanks anway - I've opened a smile account - here's hoping that one will work?

oompaloompa 03-06-2009 12:40 PM

smile will work

mattytman 03-07-2009 05:42 AM

Got a smile savings account...card arrived yesterday...typed it into the ADD A BANK ACCOUNT section of PayPal and a new screen popped up saying (or words to the effect of):

This account cannot receive direct debits

I really don't know what to do...

GreenBean 03-07-2009 06:35 AM

?why a savers account with smile. What about the current account they offer? That allows
Direct Debit. Have you spoken to them or done everything on line?

mattytman 03-07-2009 03:45 PM

I did everything on-line --- they said no to a current account suc is the state of my credit !

paypalpains 12-11-2009 07:34 AM

bank account issues

Know this is an old thread, however is of interest to me.

Fortunately I do not have a problem getting bank accounts, so I have no problem there.

However, what I would like to know, because I am uncomfortable with the idea of PP e/b knowing any details of me, is how does one go about creating a stealth PP account, with a different name, yet still verify bank details for the DD.
Obviously you would have to have the name of the person on the bank details as the person who created the account, but what if the account name is fictitious?

GreenBean 12-11-2009 07:47 AM

Name for the bank account can not be fictitious. Bank account must be opened with real ID.

Couple of points when making the stealth paypal is to be careful that the bank is a current account (one that has the Direct Debit mandate) & maybe consider a variation of your (real) name for stealth purposes. There are options (always have to be). I have business paypal accounts so there's a trading name that can go on the paypal account even stealth. This allows a layer of protection. hehe :ranger: