eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   UK PayPal Talk (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/)
-   -   Weird Paypal issue when adding bank account (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/uk-paypal-talk/98214-weird-paypal-issue-when-adding-bank-account.html)

stealhbayer 07-27-2016 05:26 AM

Weird Paypal issue when adding bank account

So, I add a bank account to this Paypal account and get an error message to the effect that the cannot complete this task at this time. Despite the error message the account is added, but when requesting the deposits nothing gets sent.

Am not sure if this is related but I also being nagged by a message to verify a card on the account which is already verified.

just_smile 07-27-2016 05:33 AM

Re: Weird Paypal issue when adding bank account

I've been receiving the same error message for a while now when trying to add a bank first time. It works second time fine. The deposits always go through ok though.

Did you definitely submit the dd?

stealhbayer 07-27-2016 05:41 AM

No, definitely did not submit the DD instruction as that would kill the account given name mismatch. What I did was click to have the deposits sent and recieved the message that they had been sent and to enter the relevant code which would be recieved with the penny deposit.

just_smile 07-27-2016 05:56 AM

You need to submit the dd mandate.

That's how you get your code through.

stealhbayer 07-27-2016 05:59 AM

It's giving the same error when trying to DD setup anyway, but no, you don't have to submit the DD instruction to get the deposit with code. When you click the button to confirm deposits you receive a message telling you the deposits have been sent, no DD instruction required.

AndreasP 07-27-2016 07:23 AM

Last time I received that message when I tried to add my bank account I was told that I had to sumbit ID...I did that and was hit with an account closure :(

stealhbayer 07-27-2016 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreasP (Post 788889)
Last time I received that message when I tried to add my bank account I was told that I had to sumbit ID...I did that and was hit with an account closure :(

Have submitted ID anyway but was not asked for it. Will see what happens.

NigelLikesCheesecake 08-09-2016 06:57 AM

Sorry for jumping in with the Newbie question, But, Can I ask does DD stand for Direct Debit ? AS I was reading in the user agreement I'll need to apply for DD to get my account verified

peghmeypong 08-11-2016 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NigelLikesCheesecake (Post 791422)
Sorry for jumping in with the Newbie question, But, Can I ask does DD stand for Direct Debit ? AS I was reading in the user agreement I'll need to apply for DD to get my account verified

That's right.

Stealthbayer, in my own experience, submitting the DD is essential and does not affect either PayPal or bank in any way.

mao 08-11-2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stealhbayer (Post 788870)
So, I add a bank account to this Paypal account and get an error message to the effect that the cannot complete this task at this time. Despite the error message the account is added, but when requesting the deposits nothing gets sent.

Am not sure if this is related but I also being nagged by a message to verify a card on the account which is already verified.

was it Halifax by any chance? happened to me last month, never got the amounts sent and PP ended up limited within a month

stealhbayer 08-16-2016 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mao (Post 791999)
was it Halifax by any chance? happened to me last month, never got the amounts sent and PP ended up limited within a month

Was a Halifax, but problem persisted with other bank accounts.

sax4 08-16-2016 05:38 AM

Yes I've had the error too "You cannot add a bank at this time"

vetus 08-16-2016 07:51 AM

Unless of course it could of been a reused account number - I know Ebayorbust had posted a link of Halifax / Natwest & Barclays reissuing account number years down the line.