DON'T sign up for managed payment - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 07-19-2020

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 52%
Default DON'T sign up for managed payment

July 15 is deadline if you were invited. Spoke to many reps, they will "try" to block people from making new listings. Most reps think by late July. Few reps even said it might be Aug, Sept., Oct or even later before they actually stop you from making new listings.

There is no benefit to register now. Once they block you from making new listings (if they even do), then you can just register then. It's like selling fees. If it's late and past due, who cares. Eventually they will block you from listing. Then as soon as you pay them, you are back to normal.

Looks like MP backfired for ebay. They were hoping everyone would sign up by threatening them "sign up or you can't sell". But the truth is a good % of people (hundreds of thousands) of accounts have not signed up. I heard some idiot on here say 50% of ebay is stealth (lol trust me it's not true). The issue is some people don't want to give their social, but the biggest issue is most people don't want to give their bank and allow ebay to control it.

What eBay was hoping is a small percent of people won't sign up (say 10,000 accounts), then they would block those 10,000 accounts from listing, at which point maybe 7,000 signs up then and 3,000 just leaves/doesn't sell again.

But the truth is maybe 100,000-250,000 accounts that got invited never signed up. If they block all those accounts and assuming the same 70% eventually sign up and 30% leave...then well 30% of 100,000 or 250,000 is way too big of a hit for ebay.

Now signing up.....
Ebay uses a payment processor to verify your info. Payment processor is a separate company so they don't have an ebay ban list so that is good.
But to sign up, your SSN and bank name has to match your ebay account. So while you can sign up for managed payment easily, once your change your ebay info away from stealth and into real and if you had a real account banned...then obviously ebay can link you and ban you again. This won't be instant. Ebay can take a few weeks to link accounts.

Better not to sign up and wait to see if anyone that was banned before and now they changed their account to real gets linked and banned again.

Last edited by jackdanielsbtch; 07-19-2020 at 07:33 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jackdanielsbtch For This Useful Post:
amatterofchoice (08-10-2020), glacier922 (07-19-2020), littleredengine07 (07-19-2020), PillCosby (07-20-2020), StealthHarry (07-20-2020)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-19-2020

Longevity: 25%
Default Re: DON'T sign up for managed payment

Do you have a source for those figures? of people not signing up etc? I'd be curious to see it, as I kinda thought this might happen. Ebay has a terrible reputation and most people consider Paypal to be the most trustworthy part of it
Old 07-19-2020

Longevity: 81%

It shows eBay can’t even run their core business properly. It’s absolutely sad. Instead of bullying the very people that feed you. Maybe you should give the seller the choice and option. Slowly ease people in. I hope ebay does take a hit. So they might wake up. You give buyer the choices to pay, why not the seller?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littleredengine07 For This Useful Post:
chicagoIL (07-19-2020), StealthHarry (07-20-2020)
Old 07-19-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

I have accounts on MP and I like it. I also have three accounts on paypal that I do not want to change over. I will wait until I absolutely have to.
The Following User Says Thank You to yankee For This Useful Post:
ebaystealth1974 (07-21-2020)
Old 07-19-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 17%
Longevity: 91%

It always struck me as odd that ebay threatens to block people from creating new listings - and prevent themselves from getting the income generated by the listings they will block people from creating.
Not a very good business model to tell people to NOT use your platform.
Old 07-19-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slokor View Post
It always struck me as odd that ebay threatens to block people from creating new listings - and prevent themselves from getting the income generated by the listings they will block people from creating.
Not a very good business model to tell people to NOT use your platform.
The newest thing on their daily call is ask you to sign up while on the phone with them.
They are definitely putting a lot of resources into switching people over.
Old 07-19-2020

Longevity: 36%

Has anyone actually been banned using their real info if you were banned 4+ years ago and you're running the accounts good?
Old 07-19-2020

Longevity: 81%

Has anyone tested by not signing up for MP are you still able to list? (For those who got the notice.) In my opinion ebay rushed the whole process without thinking if sellers would be comfortable. If ebay wants to keep up with amazon they should of focus on on time and fast delivery before going into payment processing. Maybe start doing fulfillment by ebay. Helping sellers instead of bullying them. It’s really stupid to force customers to use MP. Seriously we can’t even force people to wear a mask during Pandemic.
Old 07-19-2020
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleredengine07 View Post
Has anyone tested by not signing up for MP are you still able to list? (For those who got the notice.)

I can still list on two stealths that got the invite. I havnt signed up on either.
The Following User Says Thank You to chimera For This Useful Post:
littleredengine07 (07-19-2020)
Old 07-19-2020

Longevity: 22%

I think a lot of us have heard a lot of things from reps and other sellers. Myself included. No one knows for sure what is going to happen. Some of us have signed up for MP before the deadline and some have not. I think it's safe to say that we'll start seeing what ebay is and is not doing, regardless of what they have told us, in the next couple of weeks.

At least one thing the OP said is probably true for now...most stealth accounts, who have not signed up and were required to, will be able to list new items. Ebay will probably require them to sign up for MP whenever they activate it for their account. That may be in a few days, weeks or as the OP claims, months. If it doesn't happen in the next couple of weeks then he's probably correct. I suspect in the next couple of weeks we're going to see a lot of seller complaints who didn't register and now are being forced to do so. But that is my opinion based on what I was told.
Old 07-19-2020

Longevity: 69%

They recently made changes to the User agreement which will take effect on Aug 20, 2020. This might be an indication of when changes will be made for people who got the invite.

Key updates:

We've revised Section 6 labeled "Listing Conditions" to clarify that some listings will have pre-determined or new payment processes.

We've revised Section 14 labeled "Managed Payments" to clarify the payment entity services.

We’ve revised Section 18 labeled "Legal Disputes" to update our agreement regarding arbitration proceedings.
Old 07-19-2020

Longevity: 24%

I have been contacting eBay On Facebook and That’s what I been told below.

When we announced our separation from PayPal in 2015, switching to in house our payments was our goal! Ultimately, by the end of next year all sellers will be switched over to Managed Payments and it will be required in order to sell on the marketplace. We understand change is difficult for some and with change we know there will be an adjustment period. However, since we introduced the program back in 2018 our sellers who were beta testing and those who we’ve been slowly on boarding all find the manage payments is much smoother and are loving the new payment options. These options are available to buyers when they purchase from a managed payments seller. Depending on item category, the buyer will be able to purchase using Credit and Debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay (on the eBay app), PayPal, and eBay gift cards. Best wishes. ~Mary
Old 07-19-2020

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane lynch View Post
I have been contacting eBay On Facebook and That’s what I been told below.

When we announced our separation from PayPal in 2015, switching to in house our payments was our goal! Ultimately, by the end of next year all sellers will be switched over to Managed Payments and it will be required in order to sell on the marketplace. We understand change is difficult for some and with change we know there will be an adjustment period. However, since we introduced the program back in 2018 our sellers who were beta testing and those who we’ve been slowly on boarding all find the manage payments is much smoother and are loving the new payment options. These options are available to buyers when they purchase from a managed payments seller. Depending on item category, the buyer will be able to purchase using Credit and Debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay (on the eBay app), PayPal, and eBay gift cards. Best wishes. ~Mary
I'm sure it would be wonderful, unfortunately some people on this forum have some "minor" inconveniences to get into the program.
The Following User Says Thank You to gatokat For This Useful Post:
agent006140 (07-20-2020)
Old 07-19-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 48%

They are asking for a lot of information that is going to be shared with the payment company along with running credit reports, etc.
Not happy about it.
Old 07-20-2020

I’m not registering and giving my bank account details away to eBay and let them share my information with different payment company so I’m out of eBay if I can’t sell fook them I’ll sell on Facebook marketplace.
Old 07-20-2020

Who removed my post? Why remove it don’t understand its all over the internet Facebook and YouTube so if eBay wants to see it they can see it on other platforms. Haha
Old 07-20-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kane lynch View Post
Who removed my post? Why remove it don’t understand its all over the internet Facebook and YouTube so if eBay wants to see it they can see it on other platforms. Haha
I removed it because he is a giant scammer and doesn’t need any further publicity from us
Old 07-20-2020

Oh right understand
Old 07-21-2020
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

I always knew that if everyone stand their ground and refuse whatever eBay pushes on us, we win. Strength in numbers. Kind of like when all of Microsoft's Xbox one drm policy, the backlash that ensued, made Microsoft walk back on its policies. And let's face it, Microsoft is way the hell bigger than ebay. If the crowd can make Microsoft walk back, eBay sellers can do the same.
Old 07-21-2020

Longevity: 21%

Sellers have no chance of changing Ebay's mind. Ebay serves it's shareholders and sees MP as a huge, profitable win. A relative handful of stealth sellers out on the fringe of their business are not going to change a process that's already been put into place. Don't be mistaken in thinking so just because 7/15 has come and went.
Old 07-21-2020

Right guys just seen a new video on YouTube this might help the video is blurry can’t really see clearly what he’s doing. Link below.

Last edited by JamesNorth101; 07-21-2020 at 11:20 AM.
Old 07-21-2020
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

He is still a giant scammer... there is a reason he had to leave the UK

Please stop linking to his YouTube again he doesn’t need more victims