Managed payments on US stealth account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 01-25-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%
Default Managed payments on US stealth account

Hey there,

as eBay is switching to MP on Feb 14 I am in trouble now because they require SSN and US bank account.

The problem is, I am not from US. So how to get a bank account without actually living there?

Then SSN, how is eBay able to check if my provided SSN matches the name on my ebay account? Or they are unable to do so?
The Following User Says Thank You to anatho For This Useful Post:
Ewingsales (01-28-2021)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-26-2021

Longevity: 29%
Default Re: Managed payments on US stealth account

You simply cannot. This pretty much will end your ability to do business in the US.
Old 01-26-2021

Longevity: 51%

Maybe worth PMing some of the US sellers for advise
Old 01-26-2021

Thanked 1,108 Times in 1,044 Posts
Activity: 93%
Longevity: 33%

You dont want other people's SSN,if that person owes IRS tax,IRS will seize your money in the Paypal account,it has happened to someone who bought an account here which comes with an SSN
Old 01-26-2021

ALSO IF that person is alive and well and IRS tells him he is hiding his income,he will get very upset
Old 01-27-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
You dont want other people's SSN,if that person owes IRS tax,IRS will seize your money in the Paypal account,it has happened to someone who bought an account here which comes with an SSN
but in that case it would not make any sense to sell US stealth accounts anymore. also my paypal has SSN on it so I hope the owner of this SSn does not owe any tax.
Old 01-27-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo036940 View Post
You simply cannot. This pretty much will end your ability to do business in the US.
only in the US? You can sell internationally with every ebay account. but I do not think I just can't sell to US anymore. It looks like you cannot put any listing anymore before signing up for MP. Otherwise you could just sell to AUS, UK etc.
Old 01-27-2021

Longevity: 18%

i think you will just be fine if you will not go beyond the 200 transactions and $20K per year. I am planning to use my friend's SSN, and he agrees with it.
Old 01-27-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by magina View Post
i think you will just be fine if you will not go beyond the 200 transactions and $20K per year. I am planning to use my friend's SSN, and he agrees with it.
so that means a friend's SSN can be used? there is no way ebay can find out that the SSN belongs to a different name than on the account?
Old 01-28-2021

Longevity: 22%

Yeah you can use your friend ssn this is just for tax purposes, that’s means at the end of the year PayPal report to the Internal Revenue Service (irs) the whole amount you sold on eBay and your friend (SSN) have to pay taxes.
MP required SSN to verify your identity and Report your sales to the IRS, to pay taxes.
At this moment, believe me there’s no way you can register for MP your stealth account, at least you use your real identity(USA only) and that’s mean your account is not any more stealth account ( cuz you’re using real info)
Since my stealth account was banned from eBay in last October I created 4 stealth account 2 of them 100 items listed and I received a email for register MP at February 14 and the others 2 brand new no listed item also received the same email, so I called eBay customer support and he confirmed all account will be leading to register MP to the summer no exceptions.
So you’re right there’s no sense people continue selling stealth accounts.
Unfortunately at this moment there’s no way to get in to the MP with stealth accounts
The Following User Says Thank You to Tico_perico For This Useful Post:
PoPshoP (02-01-2021)
Old 01-28-2021

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 77%

I thought it was twenty thousand dollers
Old 01-28-2021

Longevity: 22%

Yes your right is $20,000 or 200 transactions in a year
But for MP you’ll need a valid SSN
Old 01-28-2021

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 77%

So is it 20000 for more before managed payments report to irs?

Last edited by mark2be; 01-28-2021 at 03:30 PM.
Old 01-28-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tico_perico View Post
Yeah you can use your friend ssn this is just for tax purposes, that’s means at the end of the year PayPal report to the Internal Revenue Service (irs) the whole amount you sold on eBay and your friend (SSN) have to pay taxes.
MP required SSN to verify your identity and Report your sales to the IRS, to pay taxes.
At this moment, believe me there’s no way you can register for MP your stealth account, at least you use your real identity(USA only) and that’s mean your account is not any more stealth account ( cuz you’re using real info)
Since my stealth account was banned from eBay in last October I created 4 stealth account 2 of them 100 items listed and I received a email for register MP at February 14 and the others 2 brand new no listed item also received the same email, so I called eBay customer support and he confirmed all account will be leading to register MP to the summer no exceptions.
So you’re right there’s no sense people continue selling stealth accounts.
Unfortunately at this moment there’s no way to get in to the MP with stealth accounts
But if I stay below $20,000 they will not report my sales to the IRS, right? So also nobody will find out it is not my SSN if I stay below this?
Because otherwise it really makes no sense for nobody. Because also if you are from the USA, nobody can use the REAL info on his stealth, because if you would be able to do so then you do not need a stealth.
Stealth is needed because your original account was banned, no matter which country you are from.
On another forum someone told me, you can also change the name to match the SSN. I do not think it is possible to change your name without a problem. I mean, technically you can. But I think it will rise red flags.
Old 01-28-2021

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by anatho View Post
But if I stay below $20,000 they will not report my sales to the IRS, right? So also nobody will find out it is not my SSN if I stay below this?
Because otherwise it really makes no sense for nobody. Because also if you are from the USA, nobody can use the REAL info on his stealth, because if you would be able to do so then you do not need a stealth.
Stealth is needed because your original account was banned, no matter which country you are from.
On another forum someone told me, you can also change the name to match the SSN. I do not think it is possible to change your name without a problem. I mean, technically you can. But I think it will rise red flags.
From my understanding the SSN is not reported to EBAY, it is reported to ADYEN but I could be wrong here.

However the NAMES must still match, so you cannot have your ebay account under Tom Smith and provide Adyen with Jim Rogers + Jim Rogers SSN.

To avoid this, you can set up a LCC, so ebay will match the LLC's name with Adyen for this part of the verification, but Adyen will still know your personal name+SSN as they ask for a "primary contact".

The whole thing is pretty new and we're still testing what works and what doesnt. As for now it seems easiest to just ditch the account that gets the MP-invite and start another one.

I would NEVER give Ebay or Adyen my real name or SSN and most certainly do not sign up with anybody else's SSN - that can get you in real trouble, real fast.
Old 01-28-2021

Longevity: 18%

Quote:
just stay below the threshold and you should be fine. I would recommend you guys use multiple accounts to save you from this trouble. It's easier for you to stay under the limits, and in fact it will save all of your accounts from any possible verifications due to spike in sales, etc.
Old 01-28-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tico_perico View Post
Yes your right is $20,000 or 200 transactions in a year
But for MP you’ll need a valid SSN
It is $20,000 AND 200 transactions,both conditions must be met.
not either or
Old 01-29-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matce View Post
From my understanding the SSN is not reported to EBAY, it is reported to ADYEN but I could be wrong here.

However the NAMES must still match, so you cannot have your ebay account under Tom Smith and provide Adyen with Jim Rogers + Jim Rogers SSN.

To avoid this, you can set up a LCC, so ebay will match the LLC's name with Adyen for this part of the verification, but Adyen will still know your personal name+SSN as they ask for a "primary contact".

The whole thing is pretty new and we're still testing what works and what doesnt. As for now it seems easiest to just ditch the account that gets the MP-invite and start another one.

I would NEVER give Ebay or Adyen my real name or SSN and most certainly do not sign up with anybody else's SSN - that can get you in real trouble, real fast.
I think setting up a LLC will be quite expensive for somebody who only casually sells on ebay ..... Ditching the account also would be no good idea at all. At first, the account is from 2014. So I really have no interest in starting from 0 again after 7 years, with paypal hold, low transaction volume, no feedback etc.

Also starting a new account would not change anything. eBay told me that ALL accounts will be switched to MP, not only mine. So if I would buy a new one same problem would occure.

It is easy for me to stay under $20 000 with my transactions. So I do not think anything will be reported to anywhere. Giving real name to ebay is not an option for stealth, the stealth was made because the original account with the real name was suspended. Now if you give ebay your real name on a stealth, for sure it will be linked and banned.

About the bank account, I have an account at First Century Bank (via Payoneer), I think this can be used without any problem, right?

Last edited by anatho; 01-29-2021 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-30-2021

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
I think setting up a LLC will be quite expensive for somebody who only casually sells on ebay ..... Ditching the account also would be no good idea at all. At first, the account is from 2014. So I really have no interest in starting from 0 again after 7 years, with paypal hold, low transaction volume, no feedback etc.

Also starting a new account would not change anything. eBay told me that ALL accounts will be switched to MP, not only mine. So if I would buy a new one same problem would occure.

It is easy for me to stay under $20 000 with my transactions. So I do not think anything will be reported to anywhere. Giving real name to ebay is not an option for stealth, the stealth was made because the original account with the real name was suspended. Now if you give ebay your real name on a stealth, for sure it will be linked and banned.

About the bank account, I have an account at First Century Bank (via Payoneer), I think this can be used without any problem, right?
You got a lot of misinformation there.

a) setting up a LLC is easy and costs close to nothing

b) you cant sign up for MP but you dont want to start "fresh" - there's your answer: good bye

c) they will switch to full MP eventually, yes. I run hundreds of accounts and I can tell you with certainty they are switching some and slowly. There is NO pattern as far as I can see. Some of my accounts are a month old, some years, some have 2 feedback, some have 200, some sell 15USD items, some sell 500USD items, some are business, some are personal. There is still a decent chance they will ditch this whole idea. They already have thousands of complaints, they will loose customers (people don't nilly willy give out SSN for selling an old chair from the garage) and a lot of stealthers will just ditch the (unpaid fees) account and start fresh. From a business-perspective that was a ridiculously stupid move from ebay's side.

d) if you BUY accounts, you're going to spend a lot of money in the future. Learn how to set them up yourself. Its VERY easy and takes 15min TOPS including all browser-protections. Age the account for a week or two and start selling. Just set up 1-2 accounts ever day, so whenever you get an MP invite you have time to get the next account ready. I also hate the fact that I have to put in more work (again) since my system is fully automated by now, but if ebay wants a "fight" they can surely have it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Matce For This Useful Post:
pavilioncrystal (04-08-2021)
Old 03-01-2021

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by agent006140 View Post
ALSO IF that person is alive and well and IRS tells him he is hiding his income,he will get very upset
What if the info is Stealth info and made up SSN?

Where will the 1099k go if it is made up info?

Can the IRS still go after you, or will the issue only come up if the info and SSN is of an actual person and they will send a complaint?
Old 03-01-2021

Longevity: 44%

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthnorris View Post
What if the info is Stealth info and made up SSN?

Where will the 1099k go if it is made up info?

Can the IRS still go after you, or will the issue only come up if the info and SSN is of an actual person and they will send a complaint?

I'm not an IRS agent, but I'll play one on this forum for those of you who can't think for yourselves..

Do whatever you want! The IRS doesn't care! There are no consequences for your actions!
Old 03-01-2021

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 24%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytor3k View Post
I'm not an IRS agent, but I'll play one on this forum for those of you who can't think for yourselves..

Do whatever you want! The IRS doesn't care! There are no consequences for your actions!
Judging by your previous comments it shows you aren't here to help contribute anything useful for other members.

Here just to absorb any useful information and not give any back.

Cheers