eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   US Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-managed-payments/)
-   -   When does Ebay ask for FULL SSN? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-managed-payments/142528-when-does-ebay-ask-full-ssn.html)

HurricaneHuntr 03-16-2021 10:22 PM

When does Ebay ask for FULL SSN?

When does ebay ask for full SSN for managed payments? I imagine they have to at some point, right now we have a 20k buffer... But thanks to Biden, that buffer for the WHOLE country is going to be $600 starting January 1st,2022

mjgo 03-17-2021 09:42 PM

Re: When does Ebay ask for FULL SSN?

One more hurdle to stealth. Ebay & PayPal will require SSN probably to start selling. This sucks

HurricaneHuntr 03-17-2021 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjgo (Post 1145962)
One more hurdle to stealth. Ebay & PayPal will require SSN probably to start selling. This sucks

Right now during new account creation for managed payments, you can skip it. You also can provide last 4 and DOB.. Just like etsys, there is etsy stealth being sold on here. So it's the same. There are ways to trick the system.

mjgo 03-18-2021 11:11 AM

I have over 30 ebay stealth about 8 I had to convert to MP so far I have signed up 4 of the 8. The 1st account back in July 2020 I had to put full SSN no way around it so I switched to my SSN DOB name and address. The 2nd I skipped the SSN part but I was not receiving payouts until I put my SSN, I did and payouts came this was in January. The 3rd and 4th I was able to just put last 4 SSN which I left stealth info and just made up last 4 SSN and sold a $10 item and received payout. I figure this is temporary and at some point it will trigger to add SSN. The 4th account I switched to business DBA sole prop and used my SSN last 4 and DOB. The next 4 I will do LLC. My concern is with such a low threshold with the new law the full SSN will be needed from the beginning. Paypal will require it too. Most of my stealth accounts paypal has no SSN or EIN

HurricaneHuntr 03-18-2021 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjgo (Post 1146031)
I have over 30 ebay stealth about 8 I had to convert to MP so far I have signed up 4 of the 8. The 1st account back in July 2020 I had to put full SSN no way around it so I switched to my SSN DOB name and address. The 2nd I skipped the SSN part but I was not receiving payouts until I put my SSN, I did and payouts came this was in January. The 3rd and 4th I was able to just put last 4 SSN which I left stealth info and just made up last 4 SSN and sold a $10 item and received payout. I figure this is temporary and at some point it will trigger to add SSN. The 4th account I switched to business DBA sole prop and used my SSN last 4 and DOB. The next 4 I will do LLC. My concern is with such a low threshold with the new law the full SSN will be needed from the beginning. Paypal will require it too. Most of my stealth accounts paypal has no SSN or EIN

This is also my worry, the new threshold WRECKS my sales business. I need to figure a way around it, and so far.I am coming up empty.

Anon User 03-20-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjgo (Post 1146031)

How's the LLC/corporate/personal EIN/SSN route working out? Any foreseeable issues with reused names (Manager/Member info)? Thinking about creating 4 LLC's to a C Corp Biz. EIN info would all be the same though (disregarded entities). Otherwise you have to put the LLC's under an EIN which is also tied to your personal SSN (which MP prob asks). Still multiple accounts with your personal name/SSN somewhere in eBay's datamine.

mjgo 03-20-2021 02:17 PM

The MP accounts I have are 1 with my real info (personal) 1 with a family members info (personal) 1 business DBA with my real last 4 of the SSN and 1 with a made up last 4 SSN (personal). 3 of these I kept stealth address. I am trying to figure out what to do with the other 4 may go the LLC route

LEARNINGONLY 03-24-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moscutter (Post 1145969)
Right now during new account creation for managed payments, you can skip it. You also can provide last 4 and DOB.. Just like etsys, there is etsy stealth being sold on here. So it's the same. There are ways to trick the system.

Moscutter today I just got on a new stealth by default on first listing that I have to do MP for payments and it wants last 4 of ssn and dob, how do I skip this and do paypal only instead.

Is there a way? and If I press skip for now where do I enter my paypal email?