eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   US Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-managed-payments/)
-   -   What's the point of registering multiple stores using diff EINs if eBay knows SSN? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-managed-payments/143290-whats-point-registering-multiple-stores-using-diff-eins-if-ebay-knows-ssn.html)

Gooogle 04-29-2021 08:28 PM

What's the point of registering multiple stores using diff EINs if eBay knows SSN?

Is there any advantage to registering multiple eBay stores with proper IP/browser/device/bank account separation if all the stores have the same SSN backing them? Does that give me any added safety? I can't convince family to start an LLC with me...so my only SSN is mine. I don't mind paying a couple hundred bucks a year for LLCs if setting up several LLCs adds protection from a potential eBay ban. I've just been working as a sole proprietor because I didn't see any reason to setup an LLC - I don't sell anything that puts me at risk of being sued.

NLS 04-29-2021 10:20 PM

Re: What's the point of registering multiple stores using diff EINs if eBay knows SSN

I have everything figured out to create a stealth account -- until the sign up page asked for the last 4 digits of a SSN. I have no idea how to get around that without involving someone else. Need a serious hint here. Thanks

mjgo 04-29-2021 11:35 PM

Re: What's the point of registering multiple stores using diff EINs if eBay knows SSN

There is no way to go around this part. You would need to use your SSN or a friend/family member or just add 4 random numbers that will work for a while but not long term

noob_to_llc 04-29-2021 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjgo (Post 1151692)
There is no way to go around this part. You would need to use your SSN or a friend/family member or just add 4 random numbers that will work for a while but not long term

So if you use 4 random numbers is it basically you got till end of 2021?

NLS 04-30-2021 12:00 AM

Think I found the answer in another thread by phaz0rz. Use EIN in both places, once for LLC and once for SSN.

purposeremo 04-30-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NLS (Post 1151697)
Think I found the answer in another thread by phaz0rz. Use EIN in both places, once for LLC and once for SSN.

Wait what? Care to explain? thanks

SaiJin 04-30-2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gooogle (Post 1151676)
Is there any advantage to registering multiple eBay stores with proper IP/browser/device/bank account separation if all the stores have the same SSN backing them? Does that give me any added safety? I can't convince family to start an LLC with me...so my only SSN is mine. I don't mind paying a couple hundred bucks a year for LLCs if setting up several LLCs adds protection from a potential eBay ban. I've just been working as a sole proprietor because I didn't see any reason to setup an LLC - I don't sell anything that puts me at risk of being sued.

Multiple accounts = not putting all your eggs in one basket.

Diversify

agent006140 04-30-2021 03:32 PM

There are Ebay sellers who have multiple seller IDs/shops ,each shop could be selling specific merchandise .some could be consigned goods .

Gooogle 05-03-2021 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1151812)
Multiple accounts = not putting all your eggs in one basket.

Diversify

Right, that was true with stealth accounts before eBay MP but how is it now diversification if every account is backed by the same SSN? Does eBay not know the same SSN is being used for all the accounts?