Managed payments on new accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 05-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 81%
Default Managed payments on new accounts

For those of you freaking out. They are not checking the DOB nor the 4 digits from the beginning, they are only checking them if you convert an account over. I guess they figure they'll probably suspend you before you get to their threshold to check. And yes, deposits work and they don't check names on banks from the start either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
glacier922 (01-31-2023), Runnynose (05-23-2021)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-03-2021

Longevity: 54%
Default Re: Managed payments on new accounts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHuntr View Post
For those of you freaking out. They are not checking the DOB nor the 4 digits from the beginning, they are only checking them if you convert an account over. I guess they figure they'll probably suspend you before you get to their threshold to check. And yes, deposits work and they don't check names on banks from the start either.
nice......
Old 05-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 14%
Longevity: 91%

So one will start selling on such an acct and sooner rather than later get suspended for the incorrect info - and lose all the money tied up in MP.
Brilliant way of doing things...
The Following User Says Thank You to slokor For This Useful Post:
selling4life (05-13-2021)
Old 05-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 3,109 Times in 2,282 Posts
Longevity: 60%

Easy easy easy. Same as etsy. Scamers dream come true.

Are they holding funds for the first 7 days before first payout?
Old 05-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 61%

Convert them over from what? Personal to business?
Old 05-03-2021

Activity: 30%
Longevity: 58%

Yeah this still doesn't seem like a good solution. It reminds me of sending money from multiple Paypal accounts to one Paypal account. Sure it works, but eventually you'll get caught. Assuming the new law that comes in 2022 with the $600 threshold, its going to be mandatory weather you want it to be or not. Unless I'm missing something??

Why cant you just open a business account with an LLC? If people are really making money on eBay that is the only viable option long term. And with this option you have the ability to have a good 5-10 accounts if you really wanted. All of which should technically be separate in the eyes of eBay since they are working off the EIN from the business not your personal SSN.
Old 05-03-2021

Longevity: 29%

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Yeah this still doesn't seem like a good solution. It reminds me of sending money from multiple Paypal accounts to one Paypal account. Sure it works, but eventually you'll get caught. Assuming the new law that comes in 2022 with the $600 threshold, its going to be mandatory weather you want it to be or not. Unless I'm missing something??

Why cant you just open a business account with an LLC? If people are really making money on eBay that is the only viable option long term. And with this option you have the ability to have a good 5-10 accounts if you really wanted. All of which should technically be separate in the eyes of eBay since they are working off the EIN from the business not your personal SSN.
A personal SSN is required when signing up an LLC business account on MP. Even though you can have as many LLC's as you can possibly handle, they will be linked as you only have one SSN number.
Old 05-03-2021

Activity: 6%
Longevity: 26%

Question: Would my brothers ss number work on MP with My LLC?
I have an LLC with ein but my brother agreed to use his last 4 ss.
Problem is he is not linked to my llc.. would this cause a problem...
Old 05-03-2021

Activity: 30%
Longevity: 58%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo036940 View Post
A personal SSN is required when signing up an LLC business account on MP. Even though you can have as many LLC's as you can possibly handle, they will be linked as you only have one SSN number.
I know but it has been discussed before that eBay views each account separately. It is documented as a business account in their profile to my knowledge, not off your personal name. So if there was some sort of linkage it goes off the business name, not personal name you enter. This is from my understanding....
Old 05-05-2021
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankee View Post
Easy easy easy. Same as etsy. Scamers dream come true.

Are they holding funds for the first 7 days before first payout?
I don't know the delay on the payout, but in my testing i received the payout option. I didn't notice the time table, i do not believe it was immediate though.So there very well might be a delay.

for the sky is falling noobs

THEY DO NOT SUSPEND YOUR EBAY ACCOUNT IF THE DATA IS WRONG. i have a customer who was working with me testing a managed payment account. He was trying to switch over a required account... He kept trying random data and it didn't work...he TRIED 3X..... YES 3X... 3 DIFFERENT DAYS... And they said.. nope it's wrong.. again this is a converted account, not NEW... And then on the 4th he just said heck with it,and put his own data in. It's been working for a week.

THEY DO NOT SUSPEND YOU IF THE DATA IS WRONG.

What the threshold is if the account is new, before they require correct information? I do not know.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
phaz0rz (05-05-2021), rsot (05-07-2021), Runnynose (05-15-2021), sax4 (05-09-2021)
Old 05-05-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 48%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

At least somebody here is messing around with it and learning how it works. Doesn't seem like there's much an account seller could lose.. unless of course they get arrested for whatever reason

Thread shouldn't be public though. Let's just advertise any loopholes we find so they can patch them up as quickly as possible, lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
livelifewild (05-08-2021), tigerlite (06-30-2021)
Old 05-05-2021

Longevity: 42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
At least somebody here is messing around with it and learning how it works. Doesn't seem like there's much an account seller could lose.. unless of course they get arrested for whatever reason

Thread shouldn't be public though. Let's just advertise any loopholes we find so they can patch them up as quickly as possible, lol.
Hey @phazorz, I sent you a PM. Take a look when you get a chance.
Old 05-05-2021

Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post

Better yet a YouTube tutorial or "shortlist" how to get around it, back in the ole' days the game was different now you really need to do your own work, and STFU honestly about what works to protect that hard earned work. MP could be a blessing, or you worse nightmare. Only the strong survive, I am looking forward to see what comes of it all.

You want to now how it all works, test it. Let them be rocks, you be water.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattmayes For This Useful Post:
livelifewild (05-08-2021)
Old 05-06-2021
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmayes View Post
Better yet a YouTube tutorial or "shortlist" how to get around it, back in the ole' days the game was different now you really need to do your own work, and STFU honestly about what works to protect that hard earned work. MP could be a blessing, or you worse nightmare. Only the strong survive, I am looking forward to see what comes of it all.

You want to now how it all works, test it. Let them be rocks, you be water.
Yeah my get around on avoiding MP accounts right now was already deleted when I outed the method. I didn't even come up with it, one of my customers who is also a bulk account seller/buyer told me as a friendly tip. That's something for another story, not too many friends around these parts, everyone is about themselves. probably why I get a lot of heat.
The Following User Says Thank You to HurricaneHuntr For This Useful Post:
Runnynose (05-23-2021)
Old 05-07-2021

Longevity: 69%

So to summarize...

MP invite = no way around legit name + SSN + DOB
New accounts instant MP = creativity is allowed... for now
New accounts accepting paypal = there is a method to avoid MP... for now

Correct?
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Invisible For This Useful Post:
livelifewild (05-08-2021)
Old 05-07-2021

Longevity: 23%

I haven't had luck with newly created accounts all go to MP for payments
Old 05-07-2021
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 25%
Longevity: 54%

@HurricaneHuntr good luck to you I know other accounts sellers don't like you because of their ******

Bit strange your post is not removed by mod
The Following User Says Thank You to e2free For This Useful Post:
HurricaneHuntr (05-07-2021)
Old 05-08-2021

Longevity: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgo View Post
I haven't had luck with newly created accounts all go to MP for payments
I actually made a few NEW accounts, 9 outta 10 required me to sign up for MP immediately. 1 made me do paypal. FIVE of those 9 asked for id and bank confirmation. 2 Only asked for bank confirmation with the micro deposits but no ID confirmation. and 2 havent asked for neither.
I have no idea what the difference was, I did ALL the stealth info gathering the same. I think its really just a random thing...at this point anyway.

I will make note, ALL accounts that were already established ebay/paypal that was converted over to MP have asked for both, the id confirmation and the bank confirmation.
The Following User Says Thank You to livelifewild For This Useful Post:
Runnynose (05-15-2021)
Old 05-08-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelifewild View Post
I actually made a few NEW accounts, 9 outta 10 required me to sign up for MP immediately. 1 made me do paypal. FIVE of those 9 asked for id and bank confirmation. 2 Only asked for bank confirmation with the micro deposits but no ID confirmation. and 2 havent asked for neither.
I have no idea what the difference was, I did ALL the stealth info gathering the same. I think its really just a random thing...at this point anyway.

I will make note, ALL accounts that were already established ebay/paypal that was converted over to MP have asked for both, the id confirmation and the bank confirmation.

I'm curious to know what kind of id confirmation, you were asked for.

I have experienced different requirements for different accounts ranging from questions from public databases to requirements to upload Drivers license, I would like to figure out what determines what they will require to confirm your ID
Old 05-08-2021

Longevity: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelifewild View Post

Interesting, my converted to MP from stealth only 1 asked for ID and was one I just put random info
Old 05-09-2021

Longevity: 74%

They asked for license. I never got a public questions option. And I did novelty creative license. But now that option is gone that is what I was asking if anyone can pm and let me know what they are doing as far as the submitting a license. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2021

Longevity: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjgo View Post
Interesting, my converted to MP from stealth only 1 asked for ID and was one I just put random info
Did any of your MP accounts with random last 4, ask for real 9 ssn and validate name and DOB yet upon a certain threshold? If so what was that threshold?
thanks