eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   US Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-managed-payments/)
-   -   Tried to link bank account using trial deposit and eBay seems to see names don’t matc (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-managed-payments/143730-tried-link-bank-account-using-trial-deposit-ebay-seems-see-names-don-t-matc.html)

Gooogle 05-28-2021 12:18 AM

Tried to link bank account using trial deposit and eBay seems to see names don’t matc

I have an eBay + PayPal stealth account that eBay began demanding I sign up for MP a while back. I signed up for MP finally by entering random #s for SSN and b-day, then linked the same bank account as I used for the PayPal tied to this account. I used the trial deposit method of adding a bank account. A couple hours later I got this email TWICE:
“We couldn't verify the bank account information you provided.

More details
Please fix anything that's incorrect. In particular, make sure the name on the bank account matches the legal name on your eBay account.

But if everything looks good, you'll need to upload a bank document instead. That way, we can verify your account.”

Is this account trash now? I have more eBay stealth accounts in a similar situation for which I have to register for MP. Did I do anything wrong here? I heard some people were able to sell like $5k before eBay required a real SSN and verified things? Btw, I checked my bank statement and I didn’t see any trial deposits or withdrawals.

rsot 05-28-2021 03:29 AM

Re: Tried to link bank account using trial deposit and eBay seems to see names don’t

Random #s for SSN and bday....kind of worrisome

Gooogle 05-28-2021 07:42 AM

Re: Tried to link bank account using trial deposit and eBay seems to see names don’t

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1155461)
Random #s for SSN and bday....kind of worrisome

Ohh, I figured using random numbers was 100x better than real ones.

GreenBean 05-28-2021 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gooogle (Post 1155486)
Ohh, I figured using random numbers was 100x better than real ones.

Think about it. You should not risk anything untrue/random.

The account fails.

yankee 05-28-2021 09:34 AM

Random numbers will not work when upgrading to MP. This has nothing to do with your bank account.

Gooogle 05-29-2021 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean (Post 1155489)
Think about it. You should not risk anything untrue/random.

The account fails.

Well, I had nothing to lose it would seem...if I used my real name they'd link it my ebay account with real SSN, name, DOB, etc, right? I mean is there any value to these stealth accounts I still have in fictitious names?

yankee 05-30-2021 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gooogle (Post 1155705)
I mean is there any value to these stealth accounts I still have in fictitious names?

Not once moved to MP. At that point, real accounts only unless you jump through a lot of hoops and even then, can be short lived. Real account is where it is at. A few in your name and unlimited EINs.

ScottieBoi 06-02-2021 11:44 AM

Seems like you didn't seem to read anything in the forum that you posted to. This is an entire category discussing this topic.