Has anyone been banned upgrading stealth to MP w/ real info? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 07-03-2021

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 16%
Default Has anyone been banned upgrading stealth to MP w/ real info?

Using all real info, has anyone been banned by eBay for what seems like them being suspicious of your name changing on eBay or names not matching on your MP bank account? Is the worst case scenario they ask for a driver's license? The problem is everyone in my immediate family has an address banned by eBay on their driver's license...

We're debating upgrading a 2 year old stealth account by inputting a family member's real info vs having them register a fresh account.
Long term stealth account in good health gives more trust to eBay I guess (but uses Google Voice) because they know I'm not scamming or selling counterfeits but new account, all real info is more pure? (and no Google Voice #, will use a real sim)

Last edited by eaterparlor; 07-03-2021 at 12:30 AM.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-03-2021

Longevity: 52%
Default Re: Has anyone been banned upgrading stealth to MP w/ real info?

I converted about a dozen accounts by changing to my name, then giving my details. Every one of them went smoothly with no DL request. I tried putting xxxx info on some of them, but they immediately say that they could not verify. They do not ask for an I.D. They simply say that you need to correct the info, but if it is correct then you will need to provide I.D. If you just change the info, it updates and tries again to verify.
Old 07-03-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,966 Posts
Activity: 19%
Longevity: 91%

The vast majority are reporting success changing the details and upgrading to MP.
Dont think youll have any issues.
Old 07-03-2021

I had one that was a strange MP change over with constant 'enter info needed' messages. I tried but it would not let me enter bank...later it got suspended with no activity for more than a year just sleeping.
Later this account got restricted (while suspended mind you) with others that were alive but some sleeping. All MP, NO LLC's All real info.
So there are monkey's that take looks. I was singled out cause competition was buying into my accts then complaining, returning, leaving neg's. They buy 60 to 80% of my stuff when I list...creatures

Last edited by hercules2; 07-03-2021 at 07:30 PM.
Old 07-08-2021

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterparlor View Post
Using all real info, has anyone been banned by eBay for what seems like them being suspicious of your name changing on eBay or names not matching on your MP bank account? Is the worst case scenario they ask for a driver's license? The problem is everyone in my immediate family has an address banned by eBay on their driver's license...

We're debating upgrading a 2 year old stealth account by inputting a family member's real info vs having them register a fresh account.
Long term stealth account in good health gives more trust to eBay I guess (but uses Google Voice) because they know I'm not scamming or selling counterfeits but new account, all real info is more pure? (and no Google Voice #, will use a real sim)
no problems as of yet.
Old 07-09-2021

Longevity: 33%

sounds like the new system just wants the "right" people to be responsible for fees and such
Old 07-10-2021

Longevity: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieBoi View Post
I converted about a dozen accounts by changing to my name, then giving my details. Every one of them went smoothly with no DL request. I tried putting xxxx info on some of them, but they immediately say that they could not verify. They do not ask for an I.D. They simply say that you need to correct the info, but if it is correct then you will need to provide I.D. If you just change the info, it updates and tries again to verify.
I need a little clarification about this. I take it that you have stealth account with different name and details. Now when eBay asks for MP singup, you give your real info, name, SSN, etc. and it is verified. My question is that your account detials change too to what you just entered in MP signup, or do they still remain stealth like before, or do you change your account details from stealth to real info and then go for MP signup?
The Following User Says Thank You to bunmiosan For This Useful Post:
eaterparlor (07-10-2021)
Old 07-10-2021
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveFree View Post
no problems as of yet.
How long?

Should you change your stealth details to real details before upgrading to MP or will MP update your account details from stealth to details provided to MP?
Old 07-10-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunmiosan View Post
I need a little clarification about this. I take it that you have stealth account with different name and details. Now when eBay asks for MP singup, you give your real info, name, SSN, etc. and it is verified. My question is that your account detials change too to what you just entered in MP signup, or do they still remain stealth like before, or do you change your account details from stealth to real info and then go for MP signup?
Go in and change the name on the account. A couple of days later, go in and sign up for MP
The Following User Says Thank You to ScottieBoi For This Useful Post:
Kobaltbleu (09-25-2021)
Old 07-11-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaterparlor View Post
How long?

Should you change your stealth details to real details before upgrading to MP or will MP update your account details from stealth to details provided to MP?
little over 2 months an selling each month. The real details change automatically when you upgrade to MP
Old 07-13-2021

Longevity: 17%

Quote:
little over 2 months an selling each month. The real details change automatically when you upgrade to MP
How old is the account? I mean from the intial signup
Old 07-13-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunmiosan View Post
How old is the account? I mean from the intial signup
2+ years for most of them
Old 07-13-2021

Activity: 29%
Longevity: 58%

This is what concerns me, some are saying you don’t change info prior to upgrading MP. Others say you change your name which matches MP info. I don’t know who to believe at this point. Because my rational side says if you don’t change it when eBay conducts a review on your account they will clearly see the MP name is not the same as the name on your eBay account.

So much differing opinions on one process.
Old 07-13-2021

Quote:
Are you saying all names on the account are now your real name? The only time I did this which failed was on an account made in 2020. It did not update my eBay name, it just showed my “beneficiary name” along with my personal address. But the stealth name on the account remained which is conflicting info.
Old 07-13-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefoodbk View Post
Are you saying all names on the account are now your real name? The only time I did this which failed was on an account made in 2020. It did not update my eBay name, it just showed my “beneficiary name” along with my personal address. But the stealth name on the account remained which is conflicting info.
Yes once you enter your real info to mp all the ebay personal details change too automatically. Haven't had an issue yet. Changed about 3 of them to my real info. 2 with last 4 of SSN and 1 with last 4 of EIN. Guess time will tell if it gets hit. I guess when it's time to upload full SSN when asked that will completely link but right now its goin ok
Old 07-13-2021

Quote:
Yes once you enter your real info to mp all the ebay personal details change too automatically. Haven't had an issue yet. Changed about 3 of them to my real info. 2 with last 4 of SSN and 1 with last 4 of EIN. Guess time will tell if it gets hit. I guess when it's time to upload full SSN when asked that will completely link but right now its goin ok
How old are the accounts? Mine still didn’t do that. It has my stealth name. Under primary contact it shows my legit info..

I used single member LLC method.
Old 07-13-2021

Quote:
How old are the accounts? Mine still didn’t do that. It has my stealth name. Under primary contact it shows my legit info..

Over 2 years old
Old 07-14-2021

Quote:
This is what concerns me, some are saying you don’t change info prior to upgrading MP. Others say you change your name which matches MP info. I don’t know who to believe at this point. Because my rational side says if you don’t change it when eBay conducts a review on your account they will clearly see the MP name is not the same as the name on your eBay account.

So much differing opinions on one process.
It's not really differing opinions. It's that no one knows what's going to work, long term. Either way, it changes your name and both ways are working, so maybe neither is the wrong way to do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to ScottieBoi For This Useful Post:
Kobaltbleu (09-25-2021)
Old 07-14-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:

2/3 of my accounts did that. The first account I signed up back in 2019 (I think) when they were first starting to roll out MP is the only one that changed the name on the account. The other two still say "Welcome, stealth name" in the top left corner but have my real info as the primary contact.

I didn't change any details on any of my accounts prior to registration.

The thread isn't letting me quote but I think prowake is right. They just want to make sure they know who is running accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
solefoodbk (07-14-2021)
Old 07-14-2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
2/3 of my accounts did that. The first account I signed up back in 2019 (I think) when they were first starting to roll out MP is the only one that changed the name on the account. The other two still say "Welcome, stealth name" in the top left corner but have my real info as the primary contact.

I didn't change any details on any of my accounts prior to registration.

The thread isn't letting me quote but I think prowake is right. They just want to make sure they know who is running accounts.
Ok, this is the same with me. It sounds like your "Registration name" is still your stealth and the "Primary contact" shows your real name. If so this is what I have.

My theory on this is if your account is aged and has history they are not going to just flag you for differing names, even if they saw it during a manual review. The reason being is that companies have employees. Thinking from a large scale perspective (which eBay has to do), there are many businesses that could designate a person to operate the eBay account as opposed to the actual owner of the company doing so.

If it really was a problem they could of just put some algorithm in place to detect differences from the names provided. Maybe at some future date it won't be allowed but thats why keeping our current accounts is always important.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to solefoodbk For This Useful Post:
appleip1 (09-10-2021), Kobaltbleu (09-25-2021), phaz0rz (07-15-2021)
Old 07-15-2021
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 5%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Seems like a valid assessment to me.
Old 08-01-2021

Longevity: 40%

Quote:
Ok, this is the same with me. It sounds like your "Registration name" is still your stealth and the "Primary contact" shows your real name. If so this is what I have.

My theory on this is if your account is aged and has history they are not going to just flag you for differing names, even if they saw it during a manual review. The reason being is that companies have employees. Thinking from a large scale perspective (which eBay has to do), there are many businesses that could designate a person to operate the eBay account as opposed to the actual owner of the company doing so.

If it really was a problem they could of just put some algorithm in place to detect differences from the names provided. Maybe at some future date it won't be allowed but thats why keeping our current accounts is always important.
You mention that you converted your accounts to real info.

Question - prior to MP, have you ever had an account with "real info" be suspended by ebay? I have, and my concern is that by using real info they will automatically link my aged accounts and suspend them due to my prior issue.

Any thoughts?