All my 4 LLC ebay accounts are linked and are getting treated as such. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > eBay Discussion! > eBay Managed Payments > US Managed Payments

US Managed Payments Discussions related to US eBay Managed Payments

Old 01-17-2022

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 17%
Default All my 4 LLC ebay accounts are linked and are getting treated as such.

So I wanted to share with you guys that I have 4 ebay accounts and all of which today had gotten emails within 3 mins of each other saying some listings were taken down.

It's clear that ebay is not treating smLLC accounts as if they are separate and instead if one gets manually reviewed others will as well. When one gets picked on, others will too.

Last edited by purposeremo; 01-17-2022 at 04:59 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to purposeremo For This Useful Post:
silverkeyboard (01-17-2022)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-17-2022

Longevity: 88%
Default Re: All my 4 LLC ebay accounts are linked and are getting treated as such.

yep, ran into this myself a couple of weeks ago and needless to say it was awful - once one of the accounts is taken down any others they link will also get the dredded email.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrstealth99 For This Useful Post:
ebizz (07-08-2022)
Old 01-17-2022
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,553 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 55%
Longevity: 91%
Default Re: All my 4 LLC ebay accounts are linked and are getting treated as such.

So you used the same ID on all the accounts?
Old 01-17-2022

Activity: 88%
Longevity: 46%

were the items removed because of counterfeit items policy?
Old 01-18-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

I've had listings taken down on one account with no effect on my other accounts. I think it's more likely eBay was just doing a sweep for the kind of things you're selling, but I don't know.
The Following User Says Thank You to phaz0rz For This Useful Post:
yankee (01-18-2022)
Old 01-18-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiJin View Post
So you used the same ID on all the accounts?
all my smLLC accounts never wanted an ID. They only required real info in stakeholder info which is all mine now, same name, dob, ssn. All different LLC's
Old 01-18-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaz0rz View Post
I've had listings taken down on one account with no effect on my other accounts. I think it's more likely eBay was just doing a sweep for the kind of things you're selling, but I don't know.
Well here's the unfair thing in my opinion, every account I list entirely different items under a variety of categories.

My accounts seem to be getting swept together so if one makes a flag go off they're checking the others just to be sure.

just fyi, these 4 accounts are 3 to 7 years old. It would be one thing if they were new.

Last edited by purposeremo; 01-18-2022 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-18-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
were the items removed because of counterfeit items policy?
nope. All the same generic message that we are trying to keep ebay safe.
Old 01-18-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstealth99 View Post
yep, ran into this myself a couple of weeks ago and needless to say it was awful - once one of the accounts is taken down any others they link will also get the dredded email.
Yes even with LLC's they're being treated as a whole. In your case were they taken down together even though they were LLC's?
Old 01-18-2022

Longevity: 50%

I tried to warn you guys about this in November and early December when all the bot bans were happening. You were never supposed to register SMB LLC`s using EIN`s. Those accounts have always had status alerts on the back end they just never took action because they had a $20,000 IRS rope. Now they don`t and they are cleaning house. Also all platforms are required to verify seller information once a year so if you have a SMB LLC registered with an EIN on any platform or processor get ready to submit docs at some point this year.
Old 01-18-2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by purposeremo View Post
nope. All the same generic message that we are trying to keep ebay safe.
do you mean it was a suspension? if only individual items were taken down there must be a policy behind it , I have never heard of ebay taking down listings without stating any policy at all. with suspensions they may just state security reasons
Old 01-18-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdered_by_ebay View Post
do you mean it was a suspension? if only individual items were taken down there must be a policy behind it , I have never heard of ebay taking down listings without stating any policy at all. with suspensions they may just state security reasons
It was not a suspension .. knock on wood.
Old 01-18-2022
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotya108 View Post
I tried to warn you guys about this in November and early December when all the bot bans were happening. You were never supposed to register SMB LLC`s using EIN`s. Those accounts have always had status alerts on the back end they just never took action because they had a $20,000 IRS rope. Now they don`t and they are cleaning house. Also all platforms are required to verify seller information once a year so if you have a SMB LLC registered with an EIN on any platform or processor get ready to submit docs at some point this year.
Well for corporations etc don't they want some other way to verify owner's (stakeholders) information? I haven't heard of any feasible way to go true stealth even with an entity? Do you have one?

Also all my smLLC's are under my real info so docs aren't an issue just my accounts getting scrutinized together when one puts up a flag.

Last edited by purposeremo; 01-18-2022 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-18-2022

Quote:
It was not a suspension .. knock on wood.
your case is certainly a trademark or counterfeit issue and your items were removed across multiple accounts as they were selling the same type of items

the main problem here is that once they start removing items it is likely they will continue doing so it would be best to stop selling this type of items on these accounts for a while

my experience with ebay is that item removals are a self fulfilling prophecy so that they start removing them and if you continue selling they will just randomly be removing later without any obvious violations
Old 01-19-2022
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,025 Times in 3,012 Posts
Activity: 4%
Longevity: 49%
Send a message via ICQ to phaz0rz Send a message via AIM to phaz0rz Send a message via Yahoo to phaz0rz

Quote:
Well here's the unfair thing in my opinion, every account I list entirely different items under a variety of categories.

My accounts seem to be getting swept together so if one makes a flag go off they're checking the others just to be sure.

just fyi, these 4 accounts are 3 to 7 years old. It would be one thing if they were new.

Your experience just doesn't jive with mine, I guess. I even got a 3 day suspension on one of my accounts a couple months ago but absolutely nothing happened on my other accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotya108 View Post

FUD. If single member LLC's weren't supposed to use EIN's then the IRS wouldn't issue them for single member LLC's. There is nothing at all wrong with running an eBay account with a single member LLC EIN (though it's not the most efficient business structure according to yankee) - eBay allows it, they just require stakeholder info so they know who's in charge of the business.

Now the MP accounts being sold here with EIN's x2 I'm fairly certain are doomed to failure within their first year. We shall see.