eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   US Managed Payments (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-managed-payments/)
-   -   MP refunds (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/us-managed-payments/148197-mp-refunds.html)

muzzie 07-29-2022 05:05 AM

MP refunds

Hey guys,

Say, I have X money paid by a customer and being on a HOLD balance in my MP EB. Customer receives item and decides he does not like it and wants to return it. He sends it back, I want to refund him, but it seems that funds held can not be used for the refund the way it was possible on PP. It looks like I need to pay the guy from some other funds via my bank or card, and then HELD funds will be paid back to me? Does not really make any sense.

rsot 07-29-2022 05:46 AM

Re: MP refunds

You cannot refund via ebay? Just clarifying

ilcarletto 07-29-2022 06:01 AM

Yes, correct. For me (Italian personal account not business) refund works only from a different payment method.
I generate a virtual card from bank account, add it to eBay and refund that way.

This to confirm eBay is a crazy system indeed

muzzie 07-29-2022 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 1198148)
You cannot refund via ebay? Just clarifying

I can. But I am forced to do as ilcarletto said - via virtual card. And instantly get paid that amount back from the funds being held. Ridiculous.

SaiJin 07-29-2022 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 1198156)
I can. But I am forced to do as ilcarletto said - via virtual card. And instantly get paid that amount back from the funds being held. Ridiculous.

Wait what?? This is new to me.

Once the QR return code is generated and item is seen as returned on eBay side they usually just refund the original payment.

And they are not doing this anymore? That's insane!

muzzie 07-30-2022 04:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaiJin (Post 1198180)
Wait what?? This is new to me.

Once the QR return code is generated and item is seen as returned on eBay side they usually just refund the original payment.

And they are not doing this anymore? That's insane!

They can do without charging the bank or card if you have available funds on your account. But as most of us are getting payouts ASAP, there is a possibility, that no available funds are in the account to cover the refund.

ilcarletto 08-01-2022 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 1198212)
They can do without charging the bank or card if you have available funds on your account. But as most of us are getting payouts ASAP, there is a possibility, that no available funds are in the account to cover the refund.

For this reason I set payouts once a week so funds are likely to be available for refund

muzzie 08-01-2022 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilcarletto (Post 1198313)
For this reason I set payouts once a week so funds are likely to be available for refund

Does not solve anything anyway, as even if they are available, they become held once the return request is received, and can not be used for the return and you still need to pay out from your own pocket, not from ebay balance. Once you cover the return, hold is removed and money held is released and paid back. My point is that the system is very inefficient - requires average return amount to be sitting in the account at all times.

Hank 08-01-2022 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilcarletto (Post 1198313)

Indeed, it is almost essential with new stealth accounts as to deflect any 'off ebay' refund issues.

It needs writing into the guide as an essential procedure. :)

Hank 08-01-2022 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muzzie (Post 1198317)
Does not solve anything anyway, as even if they are available, they become held once the return request is received, and can not be used for the return and you still need to pay out from your own pocket, not from ebay balance. Once you cover the return, hold is removed and money held is released and paid back. My point is that the system is very inefficient - requires average return amount to be sitting in the account at all times.

Yes it does, it's clearly stated in their policy:

"When eBay issues a refund to your buyer on your behalf due to an eBay Money Back Guarantee case or payment dispute, the amount will be deducted from the total of your Available, Processing, and On hold funds.

If the total of your Available, Processing, and On hold funds are insufficient to cover the outstanding amounts you owe, eBay will charge your on-file payment method for the remaining amounts owed within 14 days. We may add up the amounts you owe into a single charge. All the details related to these charges will be visible on your Financial statement."

As icarletto said, if you disburse less frequently you don't have these issues. If you have matured your account and have an approved bank or card attached then that's not an issue either. Can't see the problem TBH, you've got to refund one way or the other.

muzzie 08-01-2022 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank (Post 1198321)
Yes it does, it's clearly stated in their policy:

"When eBay issues a refund to your buyer on your behalf due to an eBay Money Back Guarantee case or payment dispute, the amount will be deducted from the total of your Available, Processing, and On hold funds.

If the total of your Available, Processing, and On hold funds are insufficient to cover the outstanding amounts you owe, eBay will charge your on-file payment method for the remaining amounts owed within 14 days. We may add up the amounts you owe into a single charge. All the details related to these charges will be visible on your Financial statement."

As icarletto said, if you disburse less frequently you don't have these issues. If you have matured your account and have an approved bank or card attached then that's not an issue either. Can't see the problem TBH, you've got to refund one way or the other.

If you read more carefully, there is a huge logical problem here.

1) I have X money on balance, AVAILABLE.
2) Buyer opens are return, X gets HELD.
3) I receive item back, want to refund.
4) I can not use X held, I can use only my bank or card. Looks like a nonsense to me. Why don't they just use held funds for a refund like PP did?
5) When I follow that stupid policy and refund from my card, amount HELD in my account gets released, and instantly paid back to my bank. Why there are TWO transactions (send funds to ebay, get them back instantly) if a common sense just screams there should be ZERO transactions if funds are inside ebay???