eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   VeRO (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/)
-   -   recieved copyright infringement letter / trademark infringement advice! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/17256-recieved-copyright-infringement-letter-trademark-infringement-advice.html)

spikeuk28 03-16-2010 01:59 PM

recieved copyright infringement letter / trademark infringement advice!

Hi - was hoping someone could give me some advice, im in the uk
Last few months I have been selling printed custom items, there was a trademark on one of the pictures and i sold around 6 of this item in total before it was removed by ebay.

I didnt relist the item and thought nothing of it, then a month later I recieve a Copyright infringment / trademark infringement / passing off. A 40 page document attached to an email from solictors, the document contains details of the listing that was removed along with details on how to avoid legal proceedings.
They have print out of my feedback and the listing which was removed.

They are the same group that reported and removed the original listing, and I have checked online and they do own the copyright to the image.

The item sold was not a high value item at all it was around £5 inc pnp.

I have now recieved a document through the post, looks pretty official on headed paper etc the solicitors are a london firm, the document says they want all my emails, ebay mail, listings and paypal activity to be sent to them by a few days time otherwise they will push for legal action and to sign and return the document with the printed out activity so they can work out what sum to ask for.

Unfortnately i used my real details on my account, do I need to worry about this will they follow through??? - i do a search and i find lots and lots of very similar items using the same image!. I only have around 200 feedback in total from 10 years of selling goods on ebay - should i reply or just resist?.
The letter wasnt sent recorded, but it has a very small barcode like strip with lines of varying length stuck on about midway down the large envelope- what is that used for?

From what I can tell they cant prove i have recieved this without sending it signed for? so i can ignore it ?

oompaloompa 03-16-2010 02:06 PM

you need to ignore it regardless, and as it wasnt signed for, it is probably just an empty threat...

there are sooooo many posts on this if you do a search

NZT 03-17-2010 06:36 AM

Action will be taken against individuals in the future.

I would be concerned about receiving letters about this and would not want a repeat of it.

The financial implications in future could be a problem.

And believe me it WILL happen.

bode 03-17-2010 07:26 AM

Don't admit to anything. There is a differece between copyright and tradmark infringement. Can you pm me the similar items to give me an idea of the image used? I may have a solution.

riversnew 03-17-2010 12:22 PM

I wouldn't send them anything unless you get a court order. In the meantime, delete your email account and everything else. You can still do it because you have not received any legal court order. This way they would have to file against Gmail, Yahoo or eBay, which are much bigger corporations then the copyright holder if they want this information. But it all sounds ridiculous for the amount of economic damage they suffered.