eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   VeRO (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/)
-   -   Cease and Desist Letter From Your Baby Can Read delivered by FedEx (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/18325-cease-desist-letter-your-baby-can-read-delivered-fedex.html)

snowserpent 05-05-2010 09:05 PM

Cease and Desist Letter From Your Baby Can Read delivered by FedEx

All right, I was suspended a few weeks ago from Amazon for selling Vero items. Today I get a call from my Dad saying I had an envelope from FedEx (which he signed for). This was my only account I've used on Amazon and had my real address on there (no longer live there but Dad does). So I open the letter and its a 2 page letter from Your Baby Can Read saying to stop selling their products, etc. They're not asking for money but to send them a signed letter stating I will no longer sell their products which I won't. I've read about the P90x letters people are getting that are demanding them to pay money. Since this one is not demanding money, should I respond or ignore? Since this is not a stealth address or name, I don't want to get into legal trouble. I'm thinking its a scare tactic but I want to be sure as I haven't seen an information about Your Baby Can Read sending these type of letters. Any help and information would be much appreciated.

Burst 05-05-2010 09:34 PM

Your title makes it sound like Fedex issued the Cease and Desist. They mailed it certified and got a signature of receipt. Just stop and ignore it.

snowserpent 05-05-2010 10:31 PM

Sorry to be unclear. It was just mailed through FedEx. The letter was from somebody at the company (Your Baby Can Read) and stated if I don't respond within 10 days, they will forward to their lawyers and each hour that goes by attorney fees are going up.

birti 05-05-2010 10:36 PM

Leave it alone !

Just Leave it alone ! Don't reply to it. And don't sell any vero from that address or account anymore.....:nono:

It's just a warning ! It's also a documented warning.

I read a story about a guy that sold FoFo Rolex's. Online and on eBay. He was warned several times by Rolex, according to the published court docs.

The guy was like the Ever Ready Bunny. He just kept on going. He got 5 yrs in the Big House for not heeding the warnings... :nono: Plus a fine.

You can Google it !

birti 05-05-2010 10:47 PM

P.S.

If you reply, you open Pandoras Box.....:shhh:

There are other Posts relating to your situation.

But, it's your decision....

snowserpent 05-06-2010 12:06 AM

I will ignore them. I have read other posts about the same type of situation but since this is a different company I was wondering if they do things differently than the others or if just all companies do this to scare you. I guess I shouldn't worry until I get a sheriff at the door with court papers.

OfficialGenius 05-06-2010 02:07 AM

That's right, just set a camp fire and throw the letter there and watch it burn.

art888 05-06-2010 04:23 AM

Yup i have 16 of those sets laying around. i got the email that said about the 10 day warning. i waited till day 10 to reply this is what i said:

I will not sell anymore baby can read products ever!!

24min later i got his response:

thank you for the cooperation. your ebay account and website will still be monitored heavily. to confirm you have complied with our request.

Personally i would be ******* bricks right now because its proof that you received the letter an thats a legal serve. but you can always return the letter saying its a wrong address or something. thats my opinion (good luck) keep us posted

Morgan 05-06-2010 08:33 AM

Ignore the letter and stop selling that item for awhile and never from that account linked to your real identity. It takes $5000 in sales before the Feds will get involved or they will have to sue themselves. Often it does not make sense for them to spend the money to prosecute small time sellers, so they just send out the scare notices. Switch to a different item for now, and then after a few months open stealth accounts and go back to item if you can't make a go of the new items.

Vicvelcro 05-06-2010 08:57 AM

Let me add this:

Starting now, stop using any address where a person you are acquainted with currently resides. Friends and family are often very willing to sign for mail addressed to you.

We all know that if a letter needs our autograph, we don't want it.

Unless you have savvy friends and family, they think they are doing you a favor signing for your winning lottery ticket from BMW of Nigeria or from The Orfices of Duey-Scroo'm-En-Howe that might be your billion dollar inheritance from Uncle Adolf late of Berlin.

If your signature is used to accept mail, you are sunk. If a relative signs with the same last name, they and/or you may be just as sunk. If a friend signs or a relative with a different last name, the person who initiated the process will attempt to implicate THAT PERSON as a partner of yours OR possibly as an identity thief.

Too many problems, not enough benefit. Don't use addresses of people who know you.