Your baby can read & VeRo items - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk > VeRO

VeRO Verified Rights Owner discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 79%
Default Your baby can read & VeRo items

Hi team I just got hit with VERO for listing "your baby can read" I sold a total of maybe 15 sell 2 a day. - Ebay sent 5 emails to my customers who made the purchase 2 of who all ready left positive feedback! Any ideas on how I can explain what ebay just did to make me sound credible? - Also I plan on listing windows 7 ultimate from dhgate. is this a good idea right now?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-27-2010

Longevity: 85%

No. Windows 7 will get your account suspended even faster.

Just explain to the customers that it was a mistake from eBay's part.

Last edited by aspkin; 08-29-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 08-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,935 Times in 8,226 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

"team" eh?

Ha what a term -well welcoem to the forum first of all. You managed to last that long sellnig a hot item - guess I can give you some cheer for that.

And you blatantly say you are getting these stuff from dhgate? I can't say I condone it - you may have a lot of irritated buyers...

Good luck on getting someone to help you explain to ebay why you are credible - I can suggest you be creative and tell US what has worked and hasn't worked for you.

I am sorry if I am sounding arrogant or what not but you are asking for business help and that's a lot to ask for without contributing to the forum =)

Team!

All the best.

Get Stealth (edit)
Old 08-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Did you sell any to a buyer in Woodland Hills, California?

I hate to tell you this, but you are playing with fire here.

The two products you mentioned are VERY AGGRESSIVELY PROTECTED by law firms that work for these companies. Not to mention that Windows "phones home" and they can very easily update known blocks of keys linked to ⊗⊗⊗⊗ versions. So, one day - probably in the first 30 days - your buyer will boot up his computer, the desktop will turn black and it will say "Windows is Not Genuine". It will tell him that he may be a victim of software counterfeiting and urge him to buy a legitimate copy and turn you in.

As for eBay's emails, it is REALLY STUPID on their part, but now each buyer is going to look at what you sold them more closely. And the complaints, negatives and refunds will start to come in.

I seriously urge you to re-evaluate your business plans. At the moment, you are traveling down a road to nowhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
aspkin (08-29-2010)
Old 08-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

I don't know how many times I've seen people encounter this problem selling this product. Move on is the best advice.
Old 08-27-2010
Threadstarter  

Team,
Honestly I think it has been pure luck! I created my listing through Auctiva and made it look like a web site even had testimonials on there. I listed 1 day auctions to end at 4pm and 7pm and sent it through Auctiva. It took maybe 10 hours before my listing would show on ebay and stay on ebay for like 14hours before it ended. I planing on telling my customers that ebay is wrong and I didnt use their pictures so they thought it was ⊗⊗⊗⊗. I even have feedback to prove it is a great sale, - haahah / To increase my sales I would also email all the bidders who placed a bid and offer a buyitnow for $75shipped which I was able to pick up 1 or 2 customers after each auction ended! =)
Old 08-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Alright, EVERYTHING that is Sold on Dhgate, and Other "China Wholesale" Type of Websites, (Way too Many to List) that Has an American Brand Name on it is Counterfeit!!!

Even though that may not be 100% True, Should make that your Belief,,,,,Ebay treats ALL Items found on Those type of websites as "HIGH RISK", Real or NOT!!! And, when you Deal in those Items Your Account will at some point Have Problems,,,This is GUARANTEED!!!

So Basically,,Get the stealth guide,,,and STAY AWAY From Branded Items on those sites,,,and you will be Fine,,,Otherwise you will be Starting a LOT of threads That we Have All seen Before
Old 08-27-2010

Longevity: 91%

Stay away from selling these and do not even think of selling PSX90 or Zumba etc....
Old 08-27-2010

Longevity: 96%

I amazes me at how some people get away with selling 15-20-25 copies of these that are "new" and selling at less than half of the lowest price you'll see them anywhere...and then they are too stupid to even make the item private to they all show up in their feedback.
Then ebay will shut down an auction when one is listed for the first time...

WTF?
Old 08-27-2010

Longevity: 85%

I guess you can say he's one of those very few lucky chosen ones.

So you sold 15 on a how many feedback account? And how old is it along with the paypal account?
I'm surprised you haven't been limited.
Old 08-27-2010
Threadstarter  

Ebay account created 2 months ago with only 10 feedback paypal over a year old. I got limited they ask about ybcr told them i picked it up at local swapt meet. I told them to make a note on my account that i will be completing 3-6 auctions a day around $80 and not to make it an inconvenice for me again. - I wanted to show feedback for ybcr to make it credible. I will try to sell it on a stealth account and take it slower.
Old 08-27-2010

Longevity: 82%

Wow people still think of selling these? It's nearly impossible to sell these on eBay and get away with it. I'd say 90% of the branded stuff you see on DHgate will get you busted on eBay. There are a few brand names that you can get away with as the VeRO of these trademarks/copyrights aren't strict at all or they don't even police the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ on eBay. I will not tell you what these brands are but, with enough research anybody can find out.

There's not much you can really do about the customers who got the e-mail and already purchased. I would need to see the e-mail sent out to the customers to find out what I would do or say to get out of that situation. Best advice would be to smother them with kindness and pretend like you have no idea what is going on.

Another piece of advice would be to take a look at the items you plan to sell thoroughly. Find out if it's too risky to sell as most ⊗⊗⊗⊗ items are. I would stay away from jerseys, beachbody products (P90X, Insanity), big name brands (Gucci, Prada, Coach, etc.), polos, New Era hats, Monster cables, Nike shoes, Phiten Titanium necklaces, Disney, Microsoft, Adobe, pretty much any type of software and you can fill out the rest.

To put it as simple as I can, if you're going to sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ from DHgate do your research and tread softly. A good plan would be to make enough capital to eventually go legit as you can't sell counterfeit items forever.

-Albert Einstein
Old 08-27-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Maybe at some point, OP might get the message.

Dont sell foo-foos™
Dont make your own plan and come back complaining when the new stealth account fails
DO read advice given by long standing users here
Old 08-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamblix View Post
There's not much you can really do about the customers who got the e-mail and already purchased. I would need to see the e-mail sent out to the customers to find out what I would do or say to get out of that situation. Best advice would be to smother them with kindness and pretend like you have no idea what is going on.
As soon as the first case is filed, and it will be filed even on your legit items if any, you can see what EB wrote to your customers. When the customer fills in the comments section about the case, some do some don't, you will see EB's email at the bottom. I guess all you can do is take it from there and come up with a few good lines.
Old 08-29-2010
Threadstarter  

I have WOWED my customer in telling them:

I just received the same counterfit email. Ebay's VeRO department was informed by a third party from YBCR that my auction was a knockoff. I do not fully understand what made their decision to consider my action couterfit. I have already shipped your items please wait for the package inspect it, play the dvd's, go to yourbabycanread.com, and see for yourself that this is the actually product you are getting. It is wrong to pull my auction off if eBay is not 100% sure that my auction is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Im currently communicating with them on resending you guys an email claiming it was a mistake on their part. Again please wait for the package and see for yourself. I strive to provide the best customer service possible my feedback proves it. Thanks
Old 08-29-2010
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

rsot and slapped are right,as windows 7 ultimate is too much vero product,it is bad idea to sell it on ebay and amazon,you will get a lot problems soon.Also your baby can read also is too much vero,not recommend to sell on ebay and amazon.
Old 08-29-2010
Executive [VIP]

Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

here are a list for too much vero dvds products:P90X,insanity,your baby can read,zumba.When you list them above on ebay and amzon,you really need to be careful or you need to get yourself ready for your account suspend anytime.
Old 08-29-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmanStealth View Post
I have WOWED my customer in telling them:

I just received the same counterfit email. Ebay's VeRO department was informed by a third party from YBCR that my auction was a knockoff. I do not fully understand what made their decision to consider my action couterfit. I have already shipped your items please wait for the package inspect it, play the dvd's, go to yourbabycanread.com, and see for yourself that this is the actually product you are getting. It is wrong to pull my auction off if eBay is not 100% sure that my auction is a ⊗⊗⊗⊗. Im currently communicating with them on resending you guys an email claiming it was a mistake on their part. Again please wait for the package and see for yourself. I strive to provide the best customer service possible my feedback proves it. Thanks
I think this is about as good a solution as you are going to get, after-the-fact. Good thinking on eMan's part. However, the REAL solution is to not sell this stuff in the first place.

The problem is their law firm, Johnson & Pham is like a pack of hungry, rabid wolves all addicted to crack.

If you sell this stuff and one of their undercover buyers purchases a set from you that proves to be counterfiet, you will have a LEGAL PROBLEM - GUARANTEED!
Old 08-29-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

Suggestions made, now it's up to the original poster.

Closed.