eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   VeRO (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/)
-   -   Email From Microsoft Team Wired and scary evryone beware !!!!!! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/36894-email-microsoft-team-wired-scary-evryone-beware.html)

Etycoon 09-19-2011 12:05 PM

Email From Microsoft Team Wired and scary evryone beware !!!!!!

Hey guys look at the email I received from Microsoft on amazon

Your activity is being tracked by Microsoft and you are suspected of listing items for sale in a fraudulent manner. This may include selling items that are prohibited from general sale or not selling the same version of software listed on an Amazon product page. You need to cease and desist from selling such items immediately or legal action will be taken. In some cases individuals or companies acting in such a manner have been prosecuted for fraud under the Fraud Act 2006. Penalties for fraud can include up to ten years imprisonment and large fines. Your case will be escalated unless you remove all such items from sale.

Under the Fraud Act 2006 a representation may be express or implied. It can be stated in words or communicated by conduct. There is no limitation on the way in which the representation must be expressed. It may be written, spoken, posted on a website, spoken into a dictaphone or sent by email. A representation is implied by conduct when a person uses a credit card dishonestly or sells items that are not as stated. A fraudulent representation can be by omission. There is a potential for the offence to be complete when the defendant fails to correct a false impression. A representation can be made to a machine (Section 2 (5) Fraud Act 2006).

If you stop selling Microsoft items on Amazon immediately we will take no further action. However if Microsoft finds that you are continuing to sell under another name, or in collusion with a third party then we will take immediate and decisive action.

Yours sincerely,

Microsoft Legal Team

Scary? or a smart scare tactic from a rival seller ?

rsot 09-19-2011 12:36 PM

No particular name cited in the return party? Micr os oft Leg al Team? sounds like a scare tactic.

JRYAN34 09-19-2011 12:43 PM

This is a scare tactic. They would have included a phone number and name of person to contact. On the other hand, stop selling f@ke sh!t you low life piece of scum. I am pretty sure I have found you on amazon btw from all your posts, and it wouldnt take much to get you banned and continue to ban you. fcuk off and get a life

HurricaneHuntr 09-19-2011 01:36 PM

Competitor?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

oompaloompa 09-19-2011 01:53 PM

prob competitor, whats the email address?

nobody999 09-19-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 270228)
prob competitor, whats the email address?

amazon messages are filtered.

Etycoon 09-19-2011 02:50 PM

yeah amazon messages are filtered but , I got the usual filtered message , say I have a message from a customer relating to a item I have listed.

I am of the belief if I am suspected of selling knock off then amazon would ban me

GreenBean 09-19-2011 05:38 PM

There is a solution.

Dont sell foo-foos. Ensure your item is genuine. As the BUYER of an item to onsell you need to make sure of its authenticity. If this is your niche, software, you HAVE to ensure anything is on the level.

Microsoft has a campaign to seek & destroy anyone attempting to flog bootleg items.

Panic threads dont help the cause either :peace:

mistieleigh 01-03-2012 06:29 PM

did you ever here any more from this? did you continue to sell there items? i too received the same email, but my feedback is 56 and 100% so if this really was Microsoft i don't think they would target me due to my feedback :S.

what was the senders name? mine was from "microsoft licensing"

Sell4more2 01-03-2012 07:18 PM

This is not a real email from Microsoft. I have seen these types before and was told it's not from the right owners.

mistieleigh 01-03-2012 07:42 PM

i didn't think it was either, as with any of the auction sites and amazon, Microsoft contacts them first to remove the item for you.. and if you fail to comply they suspend you etc.. plus no contact details etc..

BiN4RY 01-03-2012 07:49 PM

This is a spoofed email, you should forward it to both Microsoft and Amazon and report it as a spoofed mail add well.

Also think about it, if Microsoft wants your listing taken down, why didn't they just contact amazon's rights department instead but asking you to do it manually?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

eBay King 01-04-2012 03:15 AM

I agree. Microsoft would contact Amazon direct. The stuff people do to capture the market to themselves!

Etycoon, is your Amazon account stealth or real?

Are you gonna relist... :brushteeth: