Vero item takedown!! Joy to the world! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk > VeRO

VeRO Verified Rights Owner discussions

Old 02-10-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Vero item takedown!! Joy to the world!

I invested a substantial amount of money and brought dozens of USB sticks that I have been selling on ebay for months without any trouble. I have 100% feedback and my products are genuine.

Now all of a sudden, everything was taken down last night. I had a popular auction on "Buy Now" sold loads of sticks and they removed the auction.

I'm just sick and tired of having to go to these extremes to use this damn website! Can't we all leave ebay? That would f' them up.

I realise the USB category is risky to begin with. Any tips to re-list my items without getting suspended?

Otherwise I think I'm just going to throw in the towel. I've had just about enough. I spend half my life trying to read about means of staying on their damn site.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-10-2013

Longevity: 71%

I know your exact frustrations friend. Probably some other guy is selling the same exact ones and he is still up. But some things we just can't sell in eBay in abundance anymore, let alone even one or two items. It really sucks. I wish I know about this site back in the day when you could get away with selling these types of things, I would be retired by now.
Old 02-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinn12003 View Post
I realise the USB category is risky to begin with. Any tips to re-list my items without getting suspended?

Otherwise I think I'm just going to throw in the towel. I've had just about enough. I spend half my life trying to read about means of staying on their damn site.
Have you the paperwork to support your claim?

What is the actual take down notice?

Until ebay/paypal kill an account always FIGHT.

Let's look at this.
Old 02-10-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packattack12 View Post
I know your exact frustrations friend. Probably some other guy is selling the same exact ones and he is still up. But some things we just can't sell in eBay in abundance anymore, let alone even one or two items. It really sucks. I wish I know about this site back in the day when you could get away with selling these types of things, I would be retired by now.
I never sold vero but do know many who did and make a crazy amount of money years back.

I dont think I would even risk it today and lose any account.

Just not worth the risk anymore.
Old 02-11-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,927 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@OP, while you get your support materials to push back eb and pp on this, you could consider making backup accounts and spreading sales - experimentation
Old 02-11-2013
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 66%

Well, so far all I've done is written to both ebay and the manufacturer. I'll try to post the exact ebay notice on here later today when I am on my "stealth computer" (got 1 computer dedicated for it). I can't login to my ebay account on this PC.

Whilst I wait for a reply, I thought sod it. Using the same account, I re-listed the offending item. I took one out of the packet and took my own original photo of it with it on its side so no brand names were present. I removed all brand names from the listing and radically altered the description to differ greatly from everyone else's.

So far this has worked and I've sold 8 of them today without any problem (touch wood)..

I have noticed that when listing an auction doing this, the bids end up being a little lower than they are when promoting the brand of which you are selling but I can live with that.

The buy now, I set a little lower to also account for this and it seems to be working.
Old 02-11-2013

Longevity: 71%
Default Vero item takedown!! Joy to the world!

Those are good measures you've taken and unfortunately that's what is has come to for some products on eBay.

Just be aware if they find out your listing the same ones they will most likely suspend your account.
Old 02-12-2013

Longevity: 87%

i wish we could all just leave but who can say no to that traffic? its insane man.