Sold phake shoes: what will happen - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk > VeRO

VeRO Verified Rights Owner discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 62%
Default Sold phake shoes: what will happen

hello all, and once again i am glad to have found this forum it is very helpful. now i have a little issue just looking for some guidance and information. i have been selling on eBay for a while under my own account and one stealth, i mostly drop ship and resell storage unit contents that i buy at auctions last month i got a unit and am now listing items in this unit.

It had a lot of shoes, sandals, sneakers, and clothing half name brand have generic and just a mixed lot. The auctioneer said the guy frequented flea markets. I have a pair of Nike air yeezy 2 and air Jordan 8 i sold the Jordan's last week without a hitch but now i received a message from the buyer of my air yeezys claiming they are not authentic and he is going to contact eBay and the authorities and "sue" me, get his money back and keep the shoes.

well i had no idea about the authenticity of the shoes. I did my research and what I concluded is that they were just B-Grade sneakers that someone got out of the factory and I stated so on my auction never said they were authentic never said they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗ and explained how i got them and so on. I offered a refund and told him he can even go ahead and just keep them if he wishes but he refuses to accept it.

the only kind of receipt i have is of the storage unit from the auction which obviously does not list contents. so i have never had an issue like this haven't gotten anything from eBay or PayPal yet its only been a few days just wondering what to expect and what will their course of action be can this guy seriously sue me over 700$?

what measures can I take (if any) to help the situation or am I just screwed and go ahead and make another stealth.

Last edited by iLLEngineer; 08-12-2013 at 04:08 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to iLLEngineer For This Useful Post:
joesshooze (08-12-2013)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-12-2013

Longevity: 63%
Default I'm betting dollars to donuts

I'm betting dollars to donuts that the buyer is trying to scam you out of the shoes. I would tell them nicely that I would be happy to give a full refund once the product was returned. eBay would ask the buyer to return the product if the buyer disputed the transaction.
Old 08-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,021 Times in 709 Posts
Longevity: 75%

In the future? Get items like that authenticated before listing on ebay.

He most likely wants a freebie at this point. (IE, keep the shoes and scare you into giving him his money back)

Tell him to return them and he will get his money back. If he contacts ebay, let him. There are thousands of buyers who claim '⊗⊗⊗⊗' all day, every day.

And report him instead of leaving positive feedback and block him from future transactions.

If he has not done anything yet, he is probably waiting for you to say to return the shoes then open a case, mail you back different items/shoes and then win the dispute.

If he does opt to return the shoes, record the opening of the package from the carrier as proof for possible further action should you lose the case.

you most likely will not be sued simply because he is not using all the venues at his disposal. (IE, opened a case to force a refund)
Old 08-12-2013

Longevity: 64%

Good Luck. I collect shoes only I don't sell mine anymore because I don't want to draw attention.

I only buy authentic but been accused of selling ****. I think now could have been a hater or competitor.

I didn't know that kinda stuff went on back when I was new on EB.
Old 08-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

It's your job to make sure that what you are selling is either authentic or f@ke. If you sold the shoes on a stealth account then I don't see how he is going to "sue" you. This buyer could also be a competitor trying to scare you out of business, if you offered them to keep the merchandise plus their refund and they refuse it....sounds like a competitor to me.
Old 08-12-2013
Threadstarter  

Yes Thanks everyone for the information,

Yes I realize I am responsible for having my items authenticated and knowing the status of the item.

But sometimes you just forget or overlook it. Which then causes problems like this.

But anyway I will just wait and see what he does or what eBay does. But I am wondering can he even truly "Sue" me that's a little extreme.

Last thing I need is to get a letter in the mail because of a scammer. only time will tell. thanks guys.
Old 08-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Is the account you used, Stealth or Real?
Old 08-12-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Is the account you used, Stealth or Real?

I Sold the item on my personal account for the fact I believed the Item to be auth.

I'm hoping my clause will be the fact i got them at a auction in a storage unit, I never stated on the eBay listing that they were "real or ⊗⊗⊗⊗" and i have my receipt from the auction.

its not like I'm some kind of super Replica seller who is selling hundreds of dollars in replicas a day I'm not in it for that market.

it just so happens I got duped from the storage unit or the buyer is like you guys said scamming me and is competition.

Last edited by iLLEngineer; 08-12-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2013

Longevity: 65%
Send a message via Skype™ to Jack

Regardless if you listed the item as "Jordan's" or any brand it is your job to make sure that they are real. It is not the buyers job to "guess" that they are real. Make sure when selling "hot" items like this that they are real.

Just ask to return the item for a full refund. Just block him as a buyer and get through this. I doubt he is going to spend the money to try and sue you. Hope that helps!
Old 08-12-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLEngineer View Post
Yes Thanks everyone for the information,

But sometimes you just forget or overlook it. Which then causes problems like this.
Quote:
I Sold the item on my personal account for the fact I believed the Item to be auth.

I'm hoping my clause will be the fact i got them at a auction in a storage unit, I never stated on the eBay listing that they were "real or ⊗⊗⊗⊗" and i have my receipt from the auction.

its not like I'm some kind of super Replica seller who is selling hundreds of dollars in replicas a day I'm not in it for that market.

it just so happens I got duped from the storage unit or the buyer is like you guys said scamming me and is competition.
Oh PLEASE!! Stop trying to fool yourself. Read what you wrote in two different posts.

You made a sale where you did not bother to check the items were OK to sell until after you got some heat put on you.

Crying wolf long enough may become real to you. But the fact is you made an error of judgement.

You duped your own self because you saw DOLLARS in listing the items.

Now you are scared. Tell the buyer he may keep the oitems and you will refund him.

Learn the lesson to be more astutue with your business practices in future.

And space your posts out so they can be read
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
An0nym0u$ (08-12-2013), iLLEngineer (08-12-2013), unkown5454 (08-12-2013)
Old 08-12-2013
Threadstarter  

correct sir, bad judgement, quick cash mistakes made lessons learned, thanks for the verbal assault. done and done. thanks all for the help.:thumbup:
Old 08-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
correct sir, bad judgement, quick cash mistakes made lessons learned, thanks for the verbal assault. done and done. thanks all for the help.:thumbup:
So Basically you sold a pair of ⊗⊗⊗⊗ Sneakers, and your last post confirms that you KNEW it,,,,,,,,,Well, whatever that buyer is going to do, NO ONE can stop it, and that is that,,,

The issue that I have with you is that you are under the impression that this is Ali Baba's Forum and we are he 40 Thieves,,well let me just inform you that we LOATH LOWLIFE, SC^MB@G, sellers who rip off anyone and everyone off at every opportunity they get,,,It is because of sellers like that, that Ebay/Amazon are as tough as they are,,,So if this is your game,,,,then honestly, there is NO NEED for you to ever Log on to this forum again,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 08-13-2013
Threadstarter  

relax with the bashing i do not sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ i got the shoes never looked them up never authenticated them its my fault ill pay the price

youre right what ever they do is what they do, so be it. i was just seeing if there was something i can do to make the situation better. guess not no big deal.

so i guess all you want to do is jump to the conclusion i am a replica seller and all i want to do is rip people off.

dont think so pal, i dont know what makes you think i am under the impression that this is an alibaba scammer forum but you had better get new glasses.

never did i state they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗ i simply stated i was too busy and lazy to do full research and said they were neither.

if you just want to bash me go for it, bash on doesnt hurt my feelings none. thank you so much kind sirs.

Old 08-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 28%
Longevity: 63%

Next time you have to make sure that any item you sell is 100% genuine.
Old 08-13-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
relax with the bashing i do not sell ⊗⊗⊗⊗ i got the shoes never looked them up never authenticated them its my fault ill pay the price

youre right what ever they do is what they do, so be it. i was just seeing if there was something i can do to make the situation better. guess not no big deal.

so i guess all you want to do is jump to the conclusion i am a replica seller and all i want to do is rip people off.

dont think so pal, i dont know what makes you think i am under the impression that this is an alibaba scammer forum but you had better get new glasses.

never did i state they were ⊗⊗⊗⊗ i simply stated i was too busy and lazy to do full research and said they were neither.

if you just want to bash me go for it, bash on doesnt hurt my feelings none. thank you so much kind sirs.

First Off,,,,I NEVER Said ANYTHING about YOU being a replica seller other than the 2 sets of Sneakers that admitted to selling, My Post CLEARLY states that you knew , by YOUR OWN ADMISSION, that the sneakers that you sold were copies,,,,,

The rest of my post refers to Sellers of replica items and the damage that they do to legitimate sellers, in GENERAL, with NO specific allegations to you directly,,I DID refer to THOSE sellers as Sc^mb@gs and Lowlives,,NOT you,,,,BUT,,,:if the shoe fits....WEAR IT",,,

As for the Glases it is YOU who needs the Glassses,,,the ONLY accusation towards you,,I will make NOW,,,you leave a LOT to be desired in terms of reading COMPREHENSION,,,,go back to school and learn how to understand what it is that you are reading, before making an ASSININE comment,,,,

Now, go on you are CLEARLY NOT ready for selling on Ebay,,,,,,,,,
Closed Thread