Selling android Cables in New accounts - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Suspensions & Reinstatement Talk > VeRO

VeRO Verified Rights Owner discussions

Old 03-19-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Selling android Cables in New accounts

I made my self a second legit account few days ago. And now I have a whole new eBay account. And now I have to find something to sell there which must be low in risk.

I think android Cables would be a good shot. And I don't know the risk selling them in eBay. Do any one have experience selling them in a complete new account? if yes, How many of them can I sell on my account to start?

Thank You for your information

Also i have an invoice for them so could i ring ebay and ask to increase my selling limit by mailing them an invoice for a cable?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 03-19-2014

Default re: Selling android Cables in New accounts

generic chargers will be ok. sell a range of items at different prices
Old 03-19-2014
Threadstarter  

Android cables I got from Asia which I will be selling for a reasonable price
Old 03-19-2014

Longevity: 77%

A second legit account? Explain about the relation between your first 'legit' and second one

Doesn't sound stealth to me
Old 03-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,342 Times in 961 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 76%

I think you mean USB cables...

Please know what you are even selling.
Old 03-19-2014

Longevity: 59%

I would think any phone cable is high risk because they're branded. But you can give it a shot, the worst that will happen is your listing will be removed (you wouldn't get banned but you will be given a warning).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigcasey123 For This Useful Post:
thready (07-08-2014), tommybc (03-19-2014)
Old 03-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,199 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

When you say a second legit account, have you used all the same details at the first account?
Old 03-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

phone cable...android cable...these are all wrong terms - listen to unkown5454

Or maybe...it's an hdmi cable!
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (03-19-2014)
Old 03-19-2014
Threadstarter  

i know what i'm selling or i wouldn't have bought them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 View Post
When you say a second legit account, have you used all the same details at the first account?
same address but with a different family member's name, everything i sell seems legit to ebay so they shouldn't ban either accounts, the only reason i want to know if selling an android usb cable is okay is because i want ebay to increase my selling limits from 10 to 50 (unlikely i know) but if i say i am selling many usb cables and i provide the invoice maybe they would increase it to 50? i rang a few days ago and the women said i could only increase it to 15 which is why i want to try this out

Last edited by tommybc; 03-19-2014 at 02:41 PM.
Old 03-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Same address? Fail. You accomplished nothing.

"everything i sell seems legit"

Solid plan.
Old 03-19-2014
Threadstarter  

lets just say all my items are legit but back on topic i want to know if you can sell usb cables on ebay with new accounts, reason i'm asking is because another thread said you cant sell iphone cables.

also, calling ebay when the agent asks what you will be selling do they actually check if you are being truthful or can you lie to them about what you will sell? if i say i'm selling junk around the house but i'm actually selling new stuff will they do anything to my account?

Last edited by tommybc; 03-19-2014 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommybc View Post
also, calling ebay when the agent asks what you will be selling do they actually check if you are being truthful or can you lie to them about what you will sell? if i say i'm selling junk around the house but i'm actually selling new stuff will they do anything to my account?
I wont support lying to eB - I have stated that I sell stuff around the house (which is TRUE!) then I add sales of other objects...but nothing branded or cables like this.

And - correct me if I'm wrong - you are playing with family member's info? Ugh....need to read the guide and MORE around the forums
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
tommybc (03-19-2014), unkown5454 (03-19-2014)
Old 03-19-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
I wont support lying to eB - I have stated that I sell stuff around the house (which is TRUE!) then I add sales of other objects...but nothing branded or cables like this.

And - correct me if I'm wrong - you are playing with family member's info? Ugh....need to read the guide and MORE around the forums
I'm not selling anything illegal and at the moment I'm just selling strategy guides, my family don't mind

So when you ask for a bigger selling limit and they ask what you'll sell what's the best thing to say so you'll get offered a big increase in selling limits?

Last edited by tommybc; 03-19-2014 at 03:59 PM.
Old 03-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

I think your missing the point of stealth here.

People spend years and years selling totally unbranded generic items, then one day for reasons not always known to them get their account blocked and any accounts associated with it blocked. Same address means if one account goes down, chances are so will the other. eBay may also have issue with you looking like your trying to circumnavigate your selling limits by having a second account at the same address.

You would be better off selling items like used books at first. Let the selling limits naturally increase. Do not phone and ask for increases, it can easily lead to your account being restricted.
The Following User Says Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
unkown5454 (03-19-2014)
Old 03-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Default Re: Selling android Cables in New accounts

Quote:
I'm not selling anything illegal and at the moment I'm just selling strategy guides, my family don't mind

So when you ask for a bigger selling limit and they ask what you'll sell what's the best thing to say so you'll get offered a big increase in selling limits?
So, you really think when you sell a ton of the same thing no one will notice? Do you think you are the only one to ever try this silly idea? Not to mention, the item you sell is closely watched.

You already linked yourself and a family member. Now, you think you can play games and no one will notice. I really feel sorry for the family member's account you are about to burn.
Old 03-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
lets just say all my items are legit but back on topic i want to know if you can sell usb cables on ebay with new accounts, reason i'm asking is because another thread said you cant sell iphone cables.

Um, have we a communications problem?

Not ever recommended to sell cables on new accounts. These are flagged by ebay. Too often they are not the 'real' thing. EVen the Android rights holders dislike their goods being sold. Avoid this item.

Why would you think that ebay will not know what you are listing?? They check the account. They examine the activity. Here's a shock. They are not stupid.

But to think you can just phone in & get increases kinda means to me you might be....

I really understand you are keen to work out what to do.

But pull your head in sooner rather than later.

Keep in mind some of us are in the Been there, done that brigade. We wear the Tee shirt.

For your future luck:

Avoid these android cables.

Avoid speaking to ebay to get increases or live with the consequences.

And now to the matter of your 'second legit account'. Should this have details of a fmaily member living at the same address, ebay will not regard this as two different accounts. Rather they tend to treat such accounts as two made by the one person.
That has bad consequences.

You need to go over what your hopes are.

Yor plans are flawed.
Dmshark25 (03-19-2014), unkown5454 (03-19-2014)
Old 03-19-2014
Threadstarter  

Okay back to the drawing board I guess, but the only reason i didnt put the effort into creating a stealth account is because I was planning on selling only fully legit items on those two accounts (which is why I asked if selling usb cables was allowed beforehand).

ebay supposedly let you create as many accounts (at the same address) as you want .( i may be wrong about that but a chat agent told me so) I read on white hat forums about people ringing ebay to increase selling limits.
Since the items I plan on selling are legit (my custom made mouse mats) I thought it would be worth a try ringing them as it's doubtful they would ban me for just selling mouse mats.

I will definitely use your advice when creating stealth accounts but currently the items I plan to sell are legit which is why I think it'd be unlikely for them to close my accounts

Last edited by GreenBean; 03-19-2014 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Okay back to the drawing board I guess, but the only reason i didnt put the effort into creating a stealth account is because I was planning on selling only fully legit items on those two accounts
Again, we do not use stealth methods to flog loads of phake things. We use it to prevent our business being effected if eBay decides to shut down an account. Stealth with not help flog phakes.

Quote:
ebay supposedly let you create as many accounts (at the same address) as you want ( i may be wrong about that but a chat agent told me so)
eBay reps rarely know what they are talking about. Take anything they say with a barrel of salt.

Quote:
I thought it would be wroth a try ringing them as it's doubtful they would ban me for just selling mouse mats
Do you really want to take that chance?

Quote:
I will definitely use your advice when creating stealth accounts but currently the items I plan to sell are legit which is why I think it'd be unlikely for them to close my accounts
The vast majority of items that the forum sellers sell are legit. To reiterate, stealth is not here to help sell phakes. It will not help sell phakes.

eBay play by their own rules, you may not thing that what your selling warrents your account being closed down, eBay often has other ideas.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
tommybc (03-20-2014), unkown5454 (03-19-2014)
Old 03-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

Best thing is NOT to call - build your accounts - no shortcuts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
tommybc (03-20-2014), unkown5454 (03-19-2014)
Old 03-20-2014

Longevity: 59%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Best thing is NOT to call - build your accounts - no shortcuts
Only if the account is a stealth you don't call but if it's legit then there's no problem. I called last week for higher limits and i just said i got more quantity and that i would like to add it on my listing and the lady gave me 50 more funny part is i only sold 14 items this month (lady said it herself lol) but she didn't care.
Old 03-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcasey123 View Post
Only if the account is a stealth you don't call but if it's legit then there's no problem. I called last week for higher limits and i just said i got more quantity and that i would like to add it on my listing and the lady gave me 50 more funny part is i only sold 14 items this month (lady said it herself lol) but she didn't care.
This is not correct.

Calling eBay should be avoided regardless of the account being 'legit' or stealth. As far as eBay is concerned all accounts are 'legit'
Old 03-20-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigcasey123 View Post
You got lucky on that one without being requested for ID and such...not really a recommended practice to call in