eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   VeRO (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/)
-   -   Mark VeRO items as used? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/8971-mark-vero-items-used.html)

imhungry249 01-04-2009 09:03 PM

Mark VeRO items as used?

First off I would like to thank these forums and eBay Stealth for all the information I have received in the last weeks.

My question is, can you mark VeRO items as used and not get your auctions kicked? Of course this will lead to less profit, but would saying something like "Items handled for a advertising campaign but never worn" work? I've been looking all over for an answer to this but cant find one. Btw the items I'm selling are UGG boots from China. They have gone over great locally but I just want to start moving a lot more product online.

gibsonton 01-05-2009 08:06 AM

I dont think there is a clear answer to this really , It is up to the VERO member .. I do understand though as i see alot of people using this method to sale designer t-shirts and other items .. I think when using this method people are counting on the First Sale Doctrine( Not sure if that is correct Legal Term ) to protect them and to appear as they bought it in a store .good luck.

GreenBean 01-05-2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imhungry249 (Post 71308)
First off I would like to thank these forums and eBay Stealth for all the information I have received in the last weeks.

My question is, can you mark VeRO items as used and not get your auctions kicked? Of course this will lead to less profit, but would saying something like "Items handled for a advertising campaign but never worn" work? I've been looking all over for an answer to this but cant find one. Btw the items I'm selling are UGG boots from China. They have gone over great locally but I just want to start moving a lot more product online.

Bad idea. Read about UGG boots on ebayUK
eBay.co.uk Guides - APPROX 85 OF UGG BOOTS ON EBAY ARE new - LOOK
this forum has already had a couple of users have listings taken down when trying to sell UGG boots.

imhungry249 01-05-2009 02:49 PM

I have already sold some UGGs on ebay and have been suspended for being linked to a previous account that was suspended. I only have about 40 more pairs to get rid of before I move onto another product. If I go with multiple ebay accounts would it be possible to move these boots in a decent amount of time?

oompaloompa 01-05-2009 03:13 PM

yes, it would be possible, was in same situation, got rid of old stock, on to new stuff..

buy it now may help you, listing is generally left on shelf shorter time, if priced well. marking as old doesnt work necessarily, vero owners know the way it looks, generally what catagory it is in. If you sell more than one, it will be a givaway anyway.

imhungry249 01-05-2009 06:41 PM

I was planning to write an auction saying something like "Purchased from a local film maker that used them for______...and am selling them after finding out they do not fit my relatives". I figure using that tactic can keep me from being kicked off long enough to get rid of 20 pairs of boots on 4-5 different accounts.

oompaloompa 01-06-2009 12:13 PM

not sure if that photo shoot excuse would wash on every account you listed on, it would link you.

4 different accounts...you might need a few more accounts, if you are planning on hot items in future theyd come in handy.