eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   VeRO (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/)
-   -   Need help with VERO items (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/vero/9761-need-help-vero-items.html)

mwargin 02-27-2009 05:29 PM

Need help with VERO items

After being suspended on ebay and paypal several times I am ready to give it a try again. I have been reading this forum all day. Most of the items I sell are VERO items (it seems like everything is vero). I've even been VEROed for selling my childrens used clothing. Anyway...you know that stupid tutorial they make you take the first time it happens....they suggest if the item you have is authentic that you post a picture of the receipt with the item. Has anyone ever done this and had it work? My only issue with that is that I get my items at the store I work at for a discount and I don't want buyers to see how little I actually paid for the item. I had a buyer once harrass me and eventually got me suspended because one of my items had a sale sticker on it. Anyway...any help on VERO items would be really appreciated! Thanks!

foster 02-27-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwargin (Post 77325)
After being suspended on ebay and paypal several times I am ready to give it a try again. I have been reading this forum all day. Most of the items I sell are VERO items (it seems like everything is vero). I've even been VEROed for selling my childrens used clothing. Anyway...you know that stupid tutorial they make you take the first time it happens....they suggest if the item you have is authentic that you post a picture of the receipt with the item. Has anyone ever done this and had it work? My only issue with that is that I get my items at the store I work at for a discount and I don't want buyers to see how little I actually paid for the item. I had a buyer once harrass me and eventually got me suspended because one of my items had a sale sticker on it. Anyway...any help on VERO items would be really appreciated! Thanks!

If you're selling authentic items I would fill out a counter-notice and fax it to eBay.

You can find a copy of it here --> http://www.tabberone.com/Trademarks/...tice2003.shtml

Basically you're telling eBay the Vero member made a mistake and they (the Vero member) can either sue you in Federal court or "flake" off. If the Vero member doesn't respond in 10 business days that they're suing you, eBay will remove the strike and allow you to re-list your item. This will not stop a Vero member from having a re-listed auction pulled or a similar auction later. All you need to do is point out to eBay that you've previously filed a counter-notice and won.

The counter-notice is legally intimidating, but if you've done nothing wrong you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

I've filed over two dozen counter-notices and only once was the strike not removed and my item free to be re-listed. That one case was from a Vero member outside of the United States and eBay claimed the DMCA didn't apply outside the U.S.

Good luck!

mwargin 02-27-2009 05:50 PM

Thanks so much for the advice foster! Does this work even if the item was removed by ebay and not actually the VERO member?

foster 02-27-2009 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwargin (Post 77329)
Thanks so much for the advice foster! Does this work even if the item was removed by ebay and not actually the VERO member?

All of my pulled listings were due to a Vero member. So I don't if the counter-notice would work if it was an eBay user or bot that got your auction pulled.

Burst 03-01-2009 12:28 PM

Very good information.

Receipts do help with getting rid of items a lot of the time.

One was looking into buying their own receipt printer and just using that for everything.

GreenBean 03-01-2009 07:22 PM

For starters, these are a DESIGNER item IF you can prove you purchased them from a retail
outlet. See the difference? Not like you are buying in wholesale to resell. So take the advice of t'others and be prepared.

coolandcalm 03-01-2009 11:19 PM

I sell these sometimes and always show "a" receipt, if you know what i mean. And then spread it out amongst different accounts.