bought an item on amazon but seller giving me hard time to return - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default bought an item on amazon but seller giving me hard time to return

i bought an item on amazon from a third party ( a big time corporation which many of you would know if i posted the name) and when i recieved the item, i opened it up and item was working......tossed out the box and packaging since next day was trash day.....a couple days later the item seized to operate correctly....i needed to use this item so quickly so i had to purchase this at store.

i contacted seller to return the item for refund, they stated without box they will not be able to give me refund, i told them i knew about the A-z guarantee and that i would like to resolve this without going through that (wasn't i doing THEM a favor?). they never responded back.....should i file an A-Z claim? i know that impacts us sellers, but what about big time corporate sellers?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-28-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody999 View Post
i bought an item on amazon from a third party ( a big time corporation which many of you would know if i posted the name) and when i recieved the item, i opened it up and item was working......tossed out the box and packaging since next day was trash day.....a couple days later the item seized to operate correctly....i needed to use this item so quickly so i had to purchase this at store.

i contacted seller to return the item for refund, they stated without box they will not be able to give me refund, i told them i knew about the A-z guarantee and that i would like to resolve this without going through that (wasn't i doing THEM a favor?). they never responded back.....should i file an A-Z claim? i know that impacts us sellers, but what about big time corporate sellers?
Why didn't you just send the item back in the package that you bought from the store. Tell the seller that it wasn't working, and you wanted to try something more reliable, as you are not confident in this particular brand.

If you file an a-z claim, Im sure you will win with or without the original package. Amazon is very liberal when it comes to siding with the buyers.

So now go file an A to Z claim, leave a negative feedback, and ruin that companies reputation!

When I was selling on Amazon, before my legit account got suspended, If any concern came up, I would just refund the buyer, and let him, or her keep the item. Well worth the positive feedback. Just the cost of doing business, then at the end of the year, I would write the loss off on my schedule "C"
Old 08-28-2010

Longevity: 80%

Call your credit card company and file a charge back...
Old 08-30-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrqell View Post
Why didn't you just send the item back in the package that you bought from the store. Tell the seller that it wasn't working, and you wanted to try something more reliable, as you are not confident in this particular brand.

If you file an a-z claim, Im sure you will win with or without the original package. Amazon is very liberal when it comes to siding with the buyers.

So now go file an A to Z claim, leave a negative feedback, and ruin that companies reputation!

When I was selling on Amazon, before my legit account got suspended, If any concern came up, I would just refund the buyer, and let him, or her keep the item. Well worth the positive feedback. Just the cost of doing business, then at the end of the year, I would write the loss off on my schedule "C"
i tossed the original box that the product came in because it was trash day the next day.....i used the item for a couple days, then it stopped working....the thing is i feel bad doing a A-Z claim because i know how it can affect a seller (not sure how it affects corporate sellers though)....and also i think a buyer can only file 1 A-Z claim a year??? correct me if i'm wrong....but i don't want to waste it if this company will let me return for refund without going through A-Z.
Old 09-01-2010

Longevity: 83%

honestly as a seller like many of you my point of view really is not about nobody999 getting what she wants. the fact remains that you threw the box and packaging away! we all know that it cannot be resold or even really returned to the manufacture if the box and the upc is missing. really, you should not have thrown the box away. I still have boxes from things i bought 3 yrs ago. as a retailer the manufacture will NOT give the retailer credit or replace an item if the packaging is missing. As a retailer or sellers that a potential for loss weather you are a corporation or little guy. You have to draw the line somewhere otherwise people will abuse it and your company or you will loose money. You have to understand that!

Yes, it sucks that the item stopped working, but it is yours and everyone's job a as consumer to abide by some rules. Just because you know how the amazon system works and that the fact you know that an A-z claim would damage the seller does not negate the fact that you threw the box away and the retailer will not be able to recoup the value or replace it.

Think about what you are say nobody999 - what if other customers on amazon did that to you because they knew the system and had the attitude that they were doing you a favor. This is who some buyers think and this is the reason why we all get accts. blocked and shutdown so really thinking that you are doing them a favor is a bit screwed up. Because what goes around comes around.

Like Cherr said just use the box from the item you got at the store , unless you were just trying to use something and then send it back. which i do see you doing.

You can be quite hard to deal with, i know though experience. Also in checking your feedback. I am sure you are a great person but think about what you are doing when you do it and you are a seller on these same platforms.

for example: I had a customer order an item about a week and half before fathers day. It took a few days to process and ship, usps was running a bit slow because of the holiday. I didn't know that. This women starting witting me messages saying this is her first year married and wanted to give her new husband a good fathers day and that I was ruining the holiday and her life. I told her that the mail was running slow and was beyond my control. She had the tracking number.
The morning after fathers day she filed an a-z claim stating - Item not as described! at 8:30 am. - the tracking showed that she received the item 1 hour latter.

I asked her to remove her claim. she didn't. I explained she was claiming not as described. She said that's right - I was supposed to get it by fathers day!
We all know that 'Not as described" means the product, not when you get it!

she knew what she was doing, even with the tracking # and proof of delivery amazon gave her a refund and she kept the item that was $75 +
you see how people can screw you over. think about that and what you do to other sellers and this can happen to you.

Last edited by newtools; 09-01-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-01-2010

Longevity: 79%

Yep, as long as you are within refund period, you are fine.
Old 09-01-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LanEvo View Post
Yep, as long as you are within refund period, you are fine.
got an email from the company that insisted they will not issue refund or they will have some kind of restocking fee if i do not include the original box....i had to file A-Z...too bad, i really did give them a chance to make it right...
Old 09-01-2010

Quote:
got an email from the company that insisted they will not issue refund or they will have some kind of restocking fee if i do not include the original box....i had to file A-Z...too bad, i really did give them a chance to make it right...
Yea too bad, for them.
Old 09-01-2010

no one will touch my comment because it's honest and has truth to it, we are all sellers on these platforms and will only continue selling by finding ways to understand what other sellers go though and respect that. It's this mentality that causes the kinds of problems to happen that gets people blocked and shut down and then they wonder why. It's always your choice to play the game as a player not a C*ck blocker. we all know what that means. and if your in the UK its bollocks.
Old 09-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtools View Post
no one will touch my comment because it's honest and has truth to it, we are all sellers on these platforms and will only continue selling by finding ways to understand what other sellers go though and respect that. It's this mentality that causes the kinds of problems to happen that gets people blocked and shut down and then they wonder why. It's always your choice to play the game as a player not a C*ck blocker. we all know what that means. and if your in the UK its bollocks.
That's where it changes for me, the Op specifically stated that it was a company. If it was an individual, I would reconsider.
Old 09-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
I really did give them a chance to make it right...
Yes, you did. I don't care about what you did with the packaging. It didn't work and you wanted to return it. You let them know it didn't work in a day or two

Ya, as a seller its sucks having to take stuff back. But if people want to sell stuff, they have to take stuff back. Period. Restocking fee on a defective product? Kiss my ass.

1. If they sell, they have to take returns [This isn't a garage sale]
2. You did what you could and they fought you, over a few lousy dollars.
3. Now they have an AtoZ claim.

Pointless waste of your time and theirs...

Bubble wrap it up nicely, stick it in a box and send it back. I can not believe sellers still try and refuse refunds in this market place.....
Old 09-02-2010
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,552 Times in 2,205 Posts
Activity: 50%
Longevity: 91%

Ideally in this situation a buyer contacts the seller and ask for a replacement or a refund and explain the situation in a civilized manner. If I were the seller, I'd bend over backwards even if the box is thrown away and help a good buyer.

BUT, there's plenty of uneducated and selfish buyers who just don't give a **** about others. And I dislike that very much.
The seller in this situation should have done the right thing, but he didn't. Heck, at least he should have thought about minimizing his own damages.
Old 09-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by saijin View Post
there's plenty of uneducated and selfish buyers who just don't give a **** about others. And I dislike that very much. .
Absolutely. For sure. Hate dealing with them. They can ruin your whole day. But that's the business we choose... We make money of 20 customers quietly. For that we also have to play with the noisy one.

Believe me, there are days I want to get on a plane and pay them a visit... But, I try and remember the silent majority that are kind enough to give me their money
Old 09-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtools View Post
honestly as a seller like many of you my point of view really is not about nobody999 getting what she wants. the fact remains that you threw the box and packaging away! we all know that it cannot be resold or even really returned to the manufacture if the box and the upc is missing. really, you should not have thrown the box away. I still have boxes from things i bought 3 yrs ago. as a retailer the manufacture will NOT give the retailer credit or replace an item if the packaging is missing. As a retailer or sellers that a potential for loss weather you are a corporation or little guy. You have to draw the line somewhere otherwise people will abuse it and your company or you will loose money. You have to understand that!

Yes, it sucks that the item stopped working, but it is yours and everyone's job a as consumer to abide by some rules. Just because you know how the amazon system works and that the fact you know that an A-z claim would damage the seller does not negate the fact that you threw the box away and the retailer will not be able to recoup the value or replace it.

Think about what you are say nobody999 - what if other customers on amazon did that to you because they knew the system and had the attitude that they were doing you a favor. This is who some buyers think and this is the reason why we all get accts. blocked and shutdown so really thinking that you are doing them a favor is a bit screwed up. Because what goes around comes around.

Like Cherr said just use the box from the item you got at the store , unless you were just trying to use something and then send it back. which i do see you doing.

You can be quite hard to deal with, i know though experience. Also in checking your feedback. I am sure you are a great person but think about what you are doing when you do it and you are a seller on these same platforms.

for example: I had a customer order an item about a week and half before fathers day. It took a few days to process and ship, usps was running a bit slow because of the holiday. I didn't know that. This women starting witting me messages saying this is her first year married and wanted to give her new husband a good fathers day and that I was ruining the holiday and her life. I told her that the mail was running slow and was beyond my control. She had the tracking number.
The morning after fathers day she filed an a-z claim stating - Item not as described! at 8:30 am. - the tracking showed that she received the item 1 hour latter.

I asked her to remove her claim. she didn't. I explained she was claiming not as described. She said that's right - I was supposed to get it by fathers day!
We all know that 'Not as described" means the product, not when you get it!

she knew what she was doing, even with the tracking # and proof of delivery amazon gave her a refund and she kept the item that was $75 +
you see how people can screw you over. think about that and what you do to other sellers and this can happen to you.
i would never try to screw the seller like what you are claiming.......i hardly ever keep any kind of packing once i open up the item...if i did, my house would look like walmart.......so if you had an item that went defective in just a few days of usage, and seller would not refund you, are you just willing to take a loss on it if you threw out the packaging? most likely the manf. can take the item back for refund/credit because serial number is still there, also i think if the seller is a large company, the manf. will give them leeway....
Old 09-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saijin View Post
Ideally in this situation a buyer contacts the seller and ask for a replacement or a refund and explain the situation in a civilized manner. If I were the seller, I'd bend over backwards even if the box is thrown away and help a good buyer.

BUT, there's plenty of uneducated and selfish buyers who just don't give a **** about others. And I dislike that very much.
The seller in this situation should have done the right thing, but he didn't. Heck, at least he should have thought about minimizing his own damages.
thank you, i really gave the company a chance to make it right, because i understand how it is as a seller.....this is a big company that majority of you know or probably bought from before....it's not a small time seller.

i do not intend on getting a refund AND keeping the defective product, i am more than wiling to send it back...do you guys know how the process works when doing the A-Z claim? does amazon tell me to ship the item back?
i've never filed an A-Z claim.
Old 09-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%

Simple to file - on Amazon for order you will see link for dispute or A-to-Z claim. If seller is such a tough one, file the claim and see what happens.

I have dealt with A-to-Z claim against me - bidder was nice enough to send it back. One sent it via UPS which was sh*t - tried to COD me the fees ha - also an option for you....
Old 09-02-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Simple to file - on Amazon for order you will see link for dispute or A-to-Z claim. If seller is such a tough one, file the claim and see what happens.

I have dealt with A-to-Z claim against me - bidder was nice enough to send it back. One sent it via UPS which was sh*t - tried to COD me the fees ha - also an option for you....

does amazon give me an address to ship the item back or is it really just my call whether to send it back or not?
Old 09-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%

Not sure - I know Amazon asked a buyer to ship it back to them...with address label they provided so...hopefully other people chime in.
Old 09-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

The seller wont even give you a return address to send it back? What kind of outfit is this? They really want to make this much noise over a lousy return??
Old 09-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
In order to give them a Chance to Make it Right you Needed to Include the Original Packaging,

I Also Noticed that you said that you went out and Bought the Same Item the Next day AFTER you discovered that the one you got from Amazon was Defective,,,well the Question I Have is Why didn't you save the Packaging from the Second Purchase,,,since you KNEW that you Needed it to send Back the First purchase from Amazon? Did you Really buy the Item Again?

Another thing what is this Mysterious Item?? A Designer Watch that you Used For One Night to Look good and decided to send back?? Or Maybe you "Accidently" Spilled something on it?

You see the Truth is That I Cannot Get Past the "Fact" that you Threw out the Packaging a SECOND TIME,,,,Thats a little Hard to Swallow,,,

Then I see Your Itrader feedback on this Site,,,, one user says that you are a "Scammer" There MUST be a Reason for that,,,Even GREENBEAN Gave you a NEGATIVE,, Knowing Greenbean You MUST Have Earned it,,,a Negative Rating from Greenbean,,That is Really HARD to Achieve,,, What does your feedback look like on Amazon or Ebay?

There is a LOT Here that makes me Doubt the Validity of your Claim,,,Maybe Im Wrong,,,but this is just the way I see it,,

Last edited by slapped; 09-02-2010 at 06:19 PM.
Old 09-03-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
In order to give them a Chance to Make it Right you Needed to Include the Original Packaging,

I Also Noticed that you said that you went out and Bought the Same Item the Next day AFTER you discovered that the one you got from Amazon was Defective,,,well the Question I Have is Why didn't you save the Packaging from the Second Purchase,,,since you KNEW that you Needed it to send Back the First purchase from Amazon? Did you Really buy the Item Again?

Another thing what is this Mysterious Item?? A Designer Watch that you Used For One Night to Look good and decided to send back?? Or Maybe you "Accidently" Spilled something on it?

You see the Truth is That I Cannot Get Past the "Fact" that you Threw out the Packaging a SECOND TIME,,,,Thats a little Hard to Swallow,,,

Then I see Your Itrader feedback on this Site,,,, one user says that you are a "Scammer" There MUST be a Reason for that,,,Even GREENBEAN Gave you a NEGATIVE,, Knowing Greenbean You MUST Have Earned it,,,a Negative Rating from Greenbean,,That is Really HARD to Achieve,,, What does your feedback look like on Amazon or Ebay?

There is a LOT Here that makes me Doubt the Validity of your Claim,,,Maybe Im Wrong,,,but this is just the way I see it,,
i went out and bought another one but it was not the same model. the mystery item is a vaccum about $125 or so....not a really big deal, but i hate this company for giving me such a hard time to send item back.
regarding the itrader.....that person sold me a "list" which was not as agreed upon, but i paid them anyways, i think aspkin got involved and helped me sort this out, it was a while back....GB gave me a neg. for being uncooperative with that member.....getting off track here...
Old 09-03-2010

Longevity: 85%

Rule #1: Customer is Always Right.
Rule #2: If Customer is not Right, see Rule #1.
Closed Thread