Signup on ebay.com or ebay.ca? US Shipping address? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Canada eBay Discussions

Canada eBay Discussions General discussions about eBay.ca Suspensions. This forum is mostly geared towards Canada eBay sellers.

Old 02-11-2009

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%
Smile Signup on ebay.com or ebay.ca? US Shipping address?

Hi I am in the US and will use the VPN service with Dedicated IP, do I signup for a Canadian ebay account through ebay.ca, or just directly through ebay.com?

If I signup for a canadian paypal account, merchant account, or moneybookers, do you recommend just using my real name for all? I am a little hesitant with moneybookers, a few years ago I had an account with them and because of some disputes the account got limited.

Anyone know the best merchant provider for a Canadian ebay account, also for the bank account do I need to signup for a Canadian bank account or a US bank account is fine for the deposits?

Also I've seen some Canadian sellers on ebay.com where they registered from Canada but are selling within the US since there items are located and shipped from the US with a normal US shipping address. I was wondering if anyone has tried this as wouldn't it create some red flags, if I have canadian ip, and canadian address but say I ship from the US, with my return address as a US address?

I am new to aspkin, if everyone can join in on answering some (hopefully all) the questions, I am sure it would help anyone else that's interested too. Thank you for taking the time to read this message.

David
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Why are you going to all that trouble? If you live in the USA, you can
create an account there. Just put Canada in your selling preferences.

What is your reasoning for doing it the hard way? To avoid SSN?
Old 02-11-2009
Threadstarter  

Hi GreenBean thanks for the quick response, btw nice emoticon . Yes I am trying to avoid the SSN for paypal. Not sure if this is the way to go if I live in the US, just thought the idea can be implemented from the stealthbook. I am also thinking about getting a pre 11/07 US account as a backup to the Canada account.

Can you recommend the best way to get an ebay going and selling fast, that way if ebay does do some verification and checkups I'll be able to pass more easily. I basically plan on selling electronic items, around 100-125 price range, I would prefer not to use paypal as its been a nightmare but its the buyers preferred method. Hmm maybe I'll just just use pre 11/07 US ebay account and a merchant account, do you think that would be my best bet. I heard on the forum that Canada is the way to go, possibly in the near future when it comes to new ebay accounts? I am probably overloaded with data after scanning hundreds of messages on aspkin these few days and many hours a day, I wasn't thinking straight and planning too ahead of time?

My real ebay accounts got suspended last year due to a competitor reporting the listings, what sucks was i did the same to him, he got suspended and was able to come back within a week. I've been a teeth grinder ever since, hopefully one day I will seek some payback

I would love to hear your advice, thanks GreenBean and take care.

David
Old 02-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

You will have to get a Canadian phone number and a private VPN service. I use blacklogic.com but you can always try some other company. There are actually servers you can get for $600 a year (blacklogic uses them) and they give you 30-50 private ip's. I am not sure what the company is called since I was looking 4 months back and forgot. If you are interested please ask. A Canadian account is probably the way to go but I am not sure if you will be able to add a US bank account.
Old 02-27-2009

Longevity: 89%

What about a Canadian bank account that provides a ATM debit card to pull money out in the US, is that difficult to set up.
Old 02-28-2009
Executive [VIP]

Hello,
I am not sure but you need to live in Canada in order to have a Canadian bank account. Also on paypal Canada you have the option to add a us bank.
Old 09-22-2009

Longevity: 84%
Default Amazon.ca

in order to sell on Amazon.ca, do you have to live in Canada?
Old 09-25-2009
Executive [VIP]

Yes, you have to live in canada but there are way around that. I believe vpns may work on amazon. I have never tired vpns with amazon but they do work on ebay.
Old 12-20-2010

Longevity: 77%

HELP ME

I love in America

but when i try to list my items they only show up in Canada

this has only happened in the last 2 weeks and I've had ebay for years

does anyone have an answer
Old 12-23-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ineedhelpnow View Post
HELP ME

I love in America

but when i try to list my items they only show up in Canada

this has only happened in the last 2 weeks and I've had ebay for years

does anyone have an answer
Yes, for some reason listings on ebay.ca do not appear on ebay.com

Not sure what the problem is these days but before I did not have a problem as listings using to appear on ebay.ca & at ebay.com

A listing which used to go for $150 on ebay.ca is now going for $3. I guess I will have to list on ebay.com instead of ebay.ca.

”I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.”
Winston Churchill

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
Winston Churchill
Old 01-18-2011

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Hey why not? That is why I have accounts in UK/CA too. Also, to spread out selling so as not to flood markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Why are you going to all that trouble? If you live in the USA, you can
create an account there. Just put Canada in your selling preferences.

What is your reasoning for doing it the hard way? To avoid SSN?
Old 01-18-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
Yes, for some reason listings on ebay.ca do not appear on ebay.com
Huh? Even when you list shipping to US? I was under the impression it showed to dot com users
Old 01-27-2011

Longevity: 82%

some are going Canada ebay route to avoid SSN and also the new USA 1099k tax laws that make paypal and all payment processes request SSn's for tax purposes if you trending to 20K for the year. in the USA you will have to keep each acct to 1800 and change a month otherwise they will say you are trending to do 20K for the year and ssn will be needed.

Another Alt is to get canada ebay acct.

I have Canada paypal vba - to verify Canadian accts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning View Post
Hello,
I am not sure but you need to live in Canada in order to have a Canadian bank account. Also on paypal Canada you have the option to add a us bank.
The Following User Says Thank You to newtools For This Useful Post:
green711 (02-20-2013)