Expedited Parcel - USA 5 business days [Ya, right] - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > International eBay & Paypal Discussions > Canada eBay Discussions

Canada eBay Discussions General discussions about eBay.ca Suspensions. This forum is mostly geared towards Canada eBay sellers.

Old 11-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 86%
Default Expedited Parcel - USA 5 business days [Ya, right]

Is this guaranteed? Last 5 or 6 shipments or so its been more like 8 or 9. A lot slower then its been in the past actually. 5 Business days is nice. Ship on a Tuesday, they get the following Tues or Wednesday. Most buyers are happy with approx a week. Make that 8 or 9 and it crawls into second week. Not so happy....

I know when I was using xpresspost if it took a few extra days I could get a credit. And on any shipping over $40 I asked for it.

*Can you get credits for slow shipping when you use the paypal shipping?
*Is Expedited even guaranteed?

Thanks
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-09-2010

Longevity: 91%
Default Canada Post woes

I feel for you...I talked to Canada Post rep...

Both Xpress post and Xpedited post---THERE IS NO TIME GUARANTEE FOR USA...you can file a claim if item not delivered within 30 business days...

For Canada--> xpedited--> no time gurantee--> can file claim if undelivered within 30 business days..you can only claim for Xpresspost if NOT delivered within the time mentioned...

regards

p.s===I stop selling in December---not worth---way too many delays....
regards
The Following User Says Thank You to chknlollypop101 For This Useful Post:
pod (11-09-2010)
Old 11-09-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmle_9120 View Post

THERE IS NO TIME GUARANTEE FOR USA
Bummer. Getting really slow lately. A day or so if fine. But its been close to double lately. Buyers get all freaked out after 6 biz days. Its fine if they contact you, but really hard on the account when they file a claim on day 7 without so much as an email.... Some of these ass clowns dont realize just how bad they are hurting you. And whats the point??? They see tracking has it close. What good is the bloody claim?

BTW, xpresspost is guaranteed for sure. So she was clueless. It says right beside it when you ship online. I have gotten a TON of credits with xpresspost. Year before last, 12% of total shipments! That actually really added up.

So tempted to maybe work in the extra $$ and ship xpresspost. But its gotten so expensive..... but I just cant stop the odd buyer from killing me with an absurd "item not received" when its been one week. One lousy week... I hate PayPal for allowing that crap. I really do....
Old 11-16-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Who uses Expedited USA regularly? I would like to know what results you usually get as a rule

I'm having some brutal brutal results with this service. And you know how it works with luck, the guys that email you 3 days later are the ones that get the slowest service

I'm getting:
4 or 5 days as advertised - 20%
8-10 days - 20%
Over two weeks - 60% of the time

The tracking is great to have to be certain. But the service itself is terrible for me.

Normal or a run of bad luck? I need to find something better if this is the norm. A run of slow packages is going to happen and it will vary, I know. But two weeks for the eBay nut jobs is too slow. They will just massacre my account right out of the gate. Anyone else use it on a regular bases?

Thx
Old 11-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

All international shipping seems to be slow these days.

I have an EMS package coming in that left Beijing 11-09 and still has not landed in the US. Another DHL package has arrived at their hub, but has been sitting for about 24 hours and has not even gone to customs yet.

This is all legitimate non-branded, non-copyrighted and non-trademarked merchandise, so I know it is not a customs issue.

I think it must be that time of year again....
Old 11-16-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post

I think it must be that time of year again....
I was thinking maybe that. But the real rush is a good 3 weeks away, no?
Old 11-16-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
I was thinking maybe that. But the real rush is a good 3 weeks away, no?
My sales have been steadliy increasing since mid-September. They will probably increase up until about the third week of December, then drop-off somewhat.

But the summer months are the killers. And the economy hasn't helped matters.
Old 11-16-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Ya, sales have been climbing so its basic math the post is busy too I suppose. This happens every year so they would be prepared for it one would think.... After all its happened for the last century. But maybe it still surprises them...

Slow by a few days is one thing. But don't tell me 4-5 days and have it be 17...
Old 11-19-2010

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

Usually mail is NOT guaranteed unless STATED (you pay more for this tho)
Old 12-20-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

This service is a total joke and is going to cost me two good accounts with out doubt

I have 2 dozen packages out there at 2 weeks already and half haven't even left Canada yet

This service should not be called expedited

I spoke to Canada Post and this is what the girl told me:

Expedited 5 days posted to US is just a "best case" scenario. Everything has to be perfect to get that.
Expedited is ground. So if anything goes wrong with weather, it can be 3 or 4 weeks.
Expedited has no guarantee so if it doesn't make it, its too bad

Right now there is snow issues all over Canada and the US. And of the 30 some expedited packages I sent December at least 1/3 will be 3 or 4 weeks. I know of at least 7 that were Xmas gifts bought first week in December. They wont get them in time. Those I know, others are probably gifts as well... I smell a ton of chargebacks this week....

I emailed everyone with a heads up saying I'm sorry about the weather, but they wont care....

Screw it, January everything goes xpresspost or FedEx
Old 12-20-2010

Longevity: 91%

Hi!

CANADAPOST SU%%@~! Mailed 5 items--> expedited USA--> 2 still showing accepted at post office--> from my past experience--> they are lost....had to beg for mercy from the buyers and had to urgent ship via UPS and will send 1 replacement XPRESSPOST!

These buggers charge an arm/leg for expedited USA--> 5 days guaranteed! YEAH RIGHT!!

From now on ITS ALL XPRESS POST all the time!
Old 12-20-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Problem is its not guaranteed. But a few days is one thing. 3 weeks is another. Calling it expedited and putting 5 days as delivery time is just not cool. She told me point blank 5 days is best case perfect scenario. 3 weeks is not a stretch. Especially with the huge rate increase. I didn't know it was ground. Cant use small pocket air because no tracking... Have to have that bloody tracking.

Wish PayPal had FedEx attached instead of UPS. Its nice shipping from PayPal. but not if nobody gets their stuff.
Old 12-21-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Screw it. I just did a shipment with FedEx

FedEx ground - 5 business days guaranteed
$29.04
Canada Post expedited - Whenever next month, maybe
$35.45

FedEx:
Faster
Pickup
Signature
Cheaper

I'm done with CP expedited. Same package xpresspost is $56 and only 2 days faster... Almost half price for a couple extra days I can live with. And its still 18% cheaper than expedited
Old 12-21-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

I ship via Canada Post every day - expedited or xpresspost (2 days) - both have gone very well in general, no complaints. And I say every day since May
Old 12-21-2010
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I know its a combo of bad luck/holidays/weather. But even so, I cant have half my packages go off the radar. These are very large, so they always get treated with less speed and care. None of my smaller packages have ever had trouble

Fedex is cheaper and offers a signature. And picks up at my door... Thats good enough to sell me. A few days delay is nothing. Two weeks plus on half my orders is no good

If I dont get 3 or 4 negs and claims [or more] on these accounts I will be SHOCKED
Old 01-18-2011

Longevity: 80%
Send a message via Yahoo to holymoly

They are still recovering from December shipping....this is prob why.
Old 01-22-2011

Longevity: 76%

I sent 7 packages Expedited within my province last Friday, only 1 has made it to the customer, and the cities are maximum 5 hours away. Last time I sent same way, they were there in 2 days?

Im new to this, but does anyone else notice the updating on the tracking is always days behind? I havent seen an update since the 18th. Im hoping they were delivered and just not updated yet
Old 01-22-2011
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Sometimes they do get delivered and not updated. When in doubt I send a follow up email to buyer. But sometimes that opens a can of worms. So make sure you don't make it sound like you are worried package is missing. People can hit the panic button too easy. Just word it like you always follow up with buyer.

I have never had such bad shipping with Canada Post. Ever. Ever since they jacked up the pricing and cut delivery time in half its been a mess. I have no idea how they have the balls to label expedited Canada to the US at 4-5 days. Its never ever close to that. Best case I get 8 biz days. And most 9-12 biz days. A day or so is one thing, but its double pretty much across the board. But its a joke. I spoke to them and expedited is ground, no guarantee. So if it snows, delay. Why they didn't add tracking to small packet air instead is beyond me. Ground is way too messy and never reliable.

I have a very good account in the toilet because of CP. 4.2 on delivery time now. And its a low volume/high price account so that wont change too fast. Shipping from Canada just plain sucks. Its the one thing about this game that frustrates me beyond no end.
I keep trying to avoid it, but I may have no choice but to ship everything xpresspost. Its so bloody expensive. But I keep getting complaints on times and even PP claims. They always get removed, but I still don't want them.

I tried FedEx ground and it was just as bad. Quoted 5 days, took 12. And they just keep changing delivery date on the website on the fly. Starts off the 9th, changed to 11th, changed 13th, changed to 15th... The customers blew a gasket.

The only service I found that was reliable was UPS. But they charge buyer absurd brokerage and duty fees. Huge fees. So more problems....

It always falls back on xpresspost as the only reasonable answer. So I would have to find a way to hide half that in the price. Did I mention how much I hate shipping from Canada??
Old 01-23-2011

Longevity: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pod View Post
When in doubt I send a follow up email to buyer.
Did just that, so far a few emailed back saying how much they appreciated the follow up and will be giving me 100% feedback. LOL. The power of customer service....