Walmart Visa - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Credit Card Alternatives

Credit Card Alternatives Prepaid, Gift, Debit and Credit Cards. Credit Card Alternatives. Bank Account Verification and Alternatives.

Old 02-09-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default Walmart Visa

I purchased a reloadable visa debit card from walmart. The initial pack came with a temporary card. I registered it online, and the 'real' card was here in 5 days! The real card has a different # than the temp. Also they accept direct deposit so I have a bank account and routing #. So I got 2 cc # and 1 bank account for $8. What a deal!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-09-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI- is that the Green Dot?
Old 02-09-2008
Threadstarter  

Yes it is. I've used it on eBay but not PP. Hope it works there as well!
Old 02-09-2008

in which walmart store this card is available?
Old 02-09-2008

From what ive heard you can't use if for a bank account on Paypal. Di you use the temp card for ebay?
Old 02-09-2008
Threadstarter  

Yes, I used the temp card and the real card for seller accounts. What cards can you use for paypal?? Does AccountNow work? I ordered one of those as well but haven't activated it or put any money into it yet.
Old 02-09-2008
MU

Longevity: 97%
Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

Vanilla Visa and Simon giftcards both work for Paypal in my experience. There are different ways of getting around AVS depending which one you use, though.
Old 02-09-2008
Threadstarter  

I mean which ones will the banking info work on paypal (account & routing #) I need a card I can use to verify bank account!
Old 02-09-2008
MU

Send a message via Yahoo to koalawash

hmm.. not sure there. Sorry. :o
Old 02-09-2008
Banned

Its a greendot card that will not work with Paypal. Greendot is known for freezing accounts if you use them with Paypal.. Also walmart cards require a SSn#
Old 02-09-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,228 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 3%
Longevity: 100%

Righty-O!!
Old 02-09-2008
Threadstarter  

OK, several posts but NO HELP! LOL Why do I care if Walmart has my SS#....as long as paypal and ebay dont???? Obviously my priority is to keep my buyers away from paypal .... I have set up several options...goggle checkout, ccnow, and working on a merchant account. I have ebay, paypal and auctiva automated emails and checkouts disabled. I plan to send my own right now thru ccnow until I have a merchant account and can set up a website for my own checkouts. (Let me know if this is a bad idea! LOL) But I'm concerned about the idiots who will automatically pay with paypal. I don't want to lose money because it's just sitting there. Do I have to have a checking acct with paypal if I just use the balance for buying, etc.?
Old 02-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

I'm going to post this again, here.

Walmart uses GE MONEY BANK FOR THEIR RELOADABLE VISA DEBIT CARDSNOT GREENDOT…………

I was backed against a wall and refused to cash my payroll checks at my credit union because I owe past due money for my car loan and I knew they would deduct whatever I owed and give me whatever was left. HECK! I need my money!

I started cashing my payroll checks at Walmart for a $3.00 fee, I also signed up for the Walmart reloadable debit visa card last December and yes they do require your real name, address and social, this didn’t bother me too much because all I wanted was a place to cash my checks with minimal fees.

I also had the option to load all or part of my payroll check onto my reloadable visa debit card which was pretty cool.

Walmart also has an option where you can direct deposit your payroll checks and set up a virtual checking account, complete with routing number.

Fast forward to this month, I managed to get bank to open a checking account for me (yes, I’m in Chex system) and now cash my payroll checks at my local bank.

Anyhow, I haven’t used my Walmart reloadable in a month or so and there is no money on it, I used it to open my PayPal account (I used a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name/address) when I signed up for PayPal and used the virtual account/routing # Walmart had set up for me and it worked.

PayPal sent two small deposits to my virtual account and I was able to log into my Walmart account and confirm the amounts with PayPal.

Again, Walmart uses GE MONEY BANK.

I also read on a different post PayPal/eBay cannot contact your bank for your social security so you should be OK with your Walmart Card.

What I plan on doing is transferring monies from my PayPal directly into my Walmart virtual bank account to get my money, I already have the Walmart visa debit to withdraw the funds immediately if need be.

If the chit hits the fan lateron, I can always call Walmart cancel my card or report it as stolen so PayPal gets nothing.
Old 02-11-2008
Banned

^^ Who ever said Greendot was a bank in the first place??? Greendot is a company...

Walmart Visa IS based upon Green dot. Greendot is not a bank, but it all comes down to it being a Greendot card with Walmart name on it.

Scroll to bottom of page and it says greendot and has the logo at bottom of page
https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/walmart/homepage.aspx

Also look at google search results..Its a Greendot card.. Do use it with Paypal, if greendot finds out they will freeze your funds...

walmart green dot - Google Search
Old 02-11-2008
Threadstarter  

My Walmart card has the green dot logo on the back of it.
Old 02-11-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hanson View Post
^^ Who ever said Greendot was a bank in the first place??? Greendot is a company...

Walmart Visa IS based upon Green dot. Greendot is not a bank, but it all comes down to it being a Greendot card with Walmart name on it.

Scroll to bottom of page and it says greendot and has the logo at bottom of page
https://www.walmartmoneycard.com/walmart/homepage.aspx

Also look at google search results..Its a Greendot card.. Do use it with Paypal, if greendot finds out they will freeze your funds...

walmart green dot - Google Search
CRUD - I need to get my money out of PayPal like fast then
Old 02-12-2008

i just bought one walmart prepaid moneycard visa and i didn't find any account number or routing number in the account that i opened in the temporary one?
any help?
Old 02-12-2008
Threadstarter  

I believe you have to wait and receive the permanent card in the mail and then activate it. But then there's a direct deposit option under add funds. Enroll and print the direct deposit form. It will have a routing and account #
Old 02-12-2008

thank you for your help.
Old 02-12-2008

Default Greendot

Just some info about greendot.

I had my greendot account frozen several months ago for using it with paypal. However, it was not used in the auction or goods arena. I was paying someone for a programming service. This is considered a cash advance according to paypal. So, Greendot froze my account for using the card against their policy. I was on hold for 45 minutes before anyone picked up (call center in phillipines). It was very nerve racking as I had quite a bit of funds on the card.

If you use your greendot for standard transactions such as purchases, auctions and things you are fine. If you use paypal to send someone funds (nonauction, nongoods), your greendot might be frozen and you will have a very difficult time getting it unfrozen.

Not a bad option. Just keep in mind that this type of card falls under the Patriot Act and is subject to being frozen at any time if they suspect any type of fraudulent activity. I use gift cards now instead of these that want to verify my ID. When I am done creating the account, I give the card to a niece or nephew for their pocket money since I have about 8 of them in college.
The Following User Says Thank You to Triflin For This Useful Post:
leahpet (12-27-2009)
Old 02-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triflin View Post
Just some info about greendot.

I had my greendot account frozen several months ago for using it with paypal. However, it was not used in the auction or goods arena. I was paying someone for a programming service. This is considered a cash advance according to paypal. So, Greendot froze my account for using the card against their policy. I was on hold for 45 minutes before anyone picked up (call center in phillipines). It was very nerve racking as I had quite a bit of funds on the card.

If you use your greendot for standard transactions such as purchases, auctions and things you are fine. If you use paypal to send someone funds (nonauction, nongoods), your greendot might be frozen and you will have a very difficult time getting it unfrozen.

Not a bad option. Just keep in mind that this type of card falls under the Patriot Act and is subject to being frozen at any time if they suspect any type of fraudulent activity. I use gift cards now instead of these that want to verify my ID. When I am done creating the account, I give the card to a niece or nephew for their pocket money since I have about 8 of them in college.
Well I had planned on withdrawing my auction funds from my PayPal and transferring them into my Walmart virtual account. or Greendot whatever its called.
Old 02-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayvictim View Post
I believe you have to wait and receive the permanent card in the mail and then activate it. But then there's a direct deposit option under add funds. Enroll and print the direct deposit form. It will have a routing and account #
ebayvictim - Have you tried transferring any funds from your paypal account and deposit them into your Walmart "Virtual Bank Account"

I already gave PayPal my Walmart Virtual Bank Account #/Routing # and even verified the deposits went through with PayPal and became verified, had them lift the $500 limit.

Now everyone on here is telliing me the Walmart Prepaid Visa Card AND the Walmart Virtual Bank Account, the one with the account # and routing # that I set up and got verified with PayPal is no good because Greendot really runs the Walmart Card/Virtual Banking Account and Greendot will freeze my funds once I transfer frunds from my PayPal account to my Walmart virtual bank account.

This sucks because I have money in my PayPal I can't get out for fear of Greendot freezing my funds.

What a waste of my time