Walmart Visa - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Stealth Topics > Credit Card Alternatives

Credit Card Alternatives Prepaid, Gift, Debit and Credit Cards. Credit Card Alternatives. Bank Account Verification and Alternatives.

Old 02-12-2008
Threadstarter  

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%

No, I haven't tried to use the banking info with paypal. I have only used the card #'s with ebay and paypal to verify credit cards. See my other post under readydebit. I saw on their website today that you can fund their cards via paypal. Doesn't help you now...but in the future...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-12-2008
Banned

Longevity: 97%

Just to let you all know just because you have added a bank account and credit card to Paypal doesn't mean they will not limit your account. Actually they will limit your account much faster since you have a way of emptying your account and best believe if you don't know what your doing, as soon as you do a Paypal withdraw your going to get that oh so famous email by them.."Limited Account"
Old 02-12-2008
Threadstarter  

Chris, I'm just testing the waters on a few accounts (I've set up 25+ to play with so far because I KNOW I don't know what I'm doing). I've taken extreme measures to set up 5 accounts using rented po boxes, wifi hotspots, etc that I'm letting age. I plan on them having 10+ feedbacks at 60 days before I start selling. Which is the same time my hold on ccnow will come off, I can receive paypal debit cards, etc. I DON'T CARE if the first few paypal accounts get frozen. If I can use them in the next 60 days, stay under their radar, and shop online with the money I'm cool with that.
Old 02-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

ebayvictim, i thought i saw a post on here today where CCnow is now asking for supplier information from someone, we might want to look into this further and let people (like me) with CCnow accounts aging....if they are getting to be like paypal we need to know.
Old 02-12-2008
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolandcalm View Post
ebayvictim, i thought i saw a post on here today where CCnow is now asking for supplier information from someone, we might want to look into this further and let people (like me) with CCnow accounts aging....if they are getting to be like paypal we need to know.
I saw that. I've asked on another thread...maybe someone will help out there or here! What info is passed between ccnow and ebay. That knowledge could provide the answer to who they're checking!!!!!

Every product I sell is different. I sell estates for regional auction houses and do very little product liquidation. So the content of my auctions is never the same. I don't know if that's related, but I've never had paypal or anyone want proof of my suppliers or payment for inventory.
Old 02-12-2008

Longevity: 95%

HI:
FYi< i use cnow everyday, since august..
I think some of the folks getting the added info requests maybe:
a.) out of the usa
b.) selling high risks goods
c.) not requesting direct deposit, want a check sent to a po box?
Some possibilities??
BTW- I've ran over $70,000 through ccnow since august, not even 1 email from them...
Old 02-12-2008
Threadstarter  

But CCNow verifies who the winning bidder is and their info right? I saw suggested on the forum that you can use CCnow to empty gift card balances, etc. But will that work only if the buyer and gift card name matches? I tried it and didn't work.....trying to figure out where I went wrong. My brilliant idea was to start the first payment myself to get a head start on the initial 30-45 day? hold. Where did I go wrong?
Old 02-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

Thanks for elaborating ebayhateluv, good to know you havent had a problem. I shouldnt either since i am in the usa and selling ANTIQUES as well as some items ebay considers VERO, but are estate used items. I have direct deposit to bank and plan on doing about 5000 through ccnow a month to start out. So hope all goes well.
Old 02-12-2008
Executive [VIP]

great idea ebayvictim, i am with you on that. You are right, problem with that is you have to have an item number that they can match to ebay and then put in a tracking number that the item was sent. Maybe listing a small inexpensive item, use one of your buyer accounts to bid on it, then end the auction early and sell it to yourself. Then use the gift card to pay for it and ship it to yourself with a tracking number? Hmmmm......
Old 02-12-2008

Cooland Calm, Got a workaround, pm me..
Old 04-15-2008

Longevity: 93%

ah crap, I just got one of these and registered it and dont see any bank acct type info, all I see is the "moneypak"

:-(
Old 04-15-2008

Greendot will not let u load it from paypal as well as google checkout eather i have tried it already and they locked the card till i called them and they said i couldnt use it for online payment severices and then they unlocked it.

But heres a idea i belive might work if u have a greendot card u can attch ING saveings accounts to it and use the saveings accounts on paypal and google then send the money from ing to greendot
Old 07-22-2009
Executive [VIP]

Just a FYI, I have been using a Wal-mart Green Dot Pre-paid Visa card as a secondary bank account on a verified business PayPal account.

I have successfully received verification deposits from PayPal to verify the pre-paid card as a bank account and have transferred separate amounts of $4.00, $20.00, $400.00 and $900.00 USD directly from the PayPal balance to the pre-paid card with no problem or limitation. (Knock on wood.)

YMMV.

N.B. I don't believe the Wal-mart Pre-paid Visa card can be used to verify a PayPal account. While it works, there is evidence that suggests that PayPal will limit an account that tries to use a pre-paid card for this reason (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=re...TL3VYgxdt7JROQ).
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.

-HWL
The Following User Says Thank You to inverser For This Useful Post:
leahpet (12-27-2009)
Old 03-15-2010

Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by inverser View Post
Just a FYI, I have been using a Wal-mart Green Dot Pre-paid Visa card as a secondary bank account on a verified business PayPal account.

I have successfully received verification deposits from PayPal to verify the pre-paid card as a bank account and have transferred separate amounts of $4.00, $20.00, $400.00 and $900.00 USD directly from the PayPal balance to the pre-paid card with no problem or limitation. (Knock on wood.)

YMMV.

N.B. I don't believe the Wal-mart Pre-paid Visa card can be used to verify a PayPal account. While it works, there is evidence that suggests that PayPal will limit an account that tries to use a pre-paid card for this reason (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=re...TL3VYgxdt7JROQ).
Alrite so i guess it works then, being able to withdraw paypal funds to it.
Old 03-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee22 View Post
Alrite so i guess it works then, being able to withdraw paypal funds to it.
Yes!

10 CHAR
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.

-HWL
Old 03-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

I've never tried these cards as bank accounts. Where are the numbers for the account posted or available? I went to the Walmart site but the info was weak.
Old 01-09-2012

Longevity: 71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by inverser View Post

N.B. I don't believe the Wal-mart Pre-paid Visa card can be used to verify a PayPal account. While it works, there is evidence that suggests that PayPal will limit an account that tries to use a pre-paid card for this reason ).
So will it or won't it?

Thanks
Old 01-09-2012

The walamrt visa is a greendot card with the walmart logo on it. Greendot and paypal are in bed togather so chances are it will work but u can bet that the names have to match both pp and the visa.
Old 01-09-2012

Thank you, but I keep getting conflicting information DoughBoy...

Some posts/threads claim that the Walmart MoneyCard (NOT GreenDot) (i.e.. Blue,Black,Gold,Grey) is NOT associated with GreendDot.
That it is a separate entity, GE BANK, NOT affiliated with GreenDot....

Simple answer i'm looking for is WHAT CARD (If any) of the above mentioned can I use to verify initial PP deposit/Withdraw Cash from PP to???
If the answer is "None" that PP has caught on, then WHAT CARD from WHAT company can I safely use, in exchange for opening checking/savings.

Also, I have no prob using my ssn or whatever other details necessary for "A" card.

I apologize if i'm being a broken record, but I have a stlh accnt Up and running right now, with auctions ending today...

I've stated in other posts, that I'm repairing my credit, and can NOT open multipule checking accounts for risk of Credit Checks reflecting an inquiry in my C report...

Any and all help is appreciated
Old 01-09-2012

Longevity: 84%

Technically they're greendot but operated under a different roof, so to speak, yes they work for paypal but if you withdraw too much you can get banned, I got banned from walmart money card but can still use greendot.
Old 01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbluntz View Post
Technically they're greendot but operated under a different roof, so to speak, yes they work for paypal but if you withdraw too much you can get banned, I got banned from walmart money card but can still use greendot.
To avoid this, obviously it would be a good idea to space the amounts withdrawn over a period of time, correct? I realize some if not most of us, do not what to risk the chance of leaving whatever amount of $ we have in PP , just in case..

Thank you both DoughBoy And Bluntz - I've ready many of your posts and I believe you are both extremely well knowledgeable in your areas of profession..

I, like so many others just want to cover as many bases as possible, for I have auctions ending today and do NOT want to risk any thing, or use a card later to find out, it's some how flagged..

Also, if this helps, i'm no big timer like a lot of ya'll... Maybe $1000.00 a month give or take will be withdrawn per account...

Is there a card that any one has came across that does not seem to mind the amount withdrawn no matter how many times per month it may be?
Old 01-09-2012

yeah i got banned as well loaded to many money packs. they are picky and once ur banned you cant open another under walmart i tried and they got me cause the ssn and send me my 20 bucks back in a check like 4 weeks later.