(EUR) Hit 1800€, they only "sort of" asked for additional info - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > PayPal Talk

PayPal Talk PayPal Forums. General issues related to PayPal.

Old 12-16-2018

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 31%
Default (EUR) Hit 1800€, they only "sort of" asked for additional info

Hello, I'm asking you this because mine seems to be a peculiar issue with Paypal that absolutely nobody on the web seems to have. Premise: regular account on my real name and info, no shadow accounts ever made.
This past July I hit 1800€, but unlike most people being asked ID scan and proof of identity like a phone bill or whatever, they simply asked me to fill an online form with my own info most of which they already pretty much had. Then, at the following payment (small sum so I was still a bit above 1800), they asked me to reconfirm the credit card. Afterwards, no further warning was given and all the notifications disappeared, and I can still use my account.
Now though, I'm very close to the 2500€ limit, I don't know for sure. I got part in € and part in $ so I can figure out the former but the latter I cannot because paypal uses their own exchange rate. If I go by google or paypal's rate used this very day, I'm a few dozens € above the limit, but no real way to know.
Problem being, I'm bound to receive a payment of few hundred $ soon, and that'll break my limit for sure if it hasn't been already. I'm inclined to let the year end then take the payment.
What gives? Have you ever heard of such a thing before?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-18-2018

Longevity: 37%
Default Re: (EUR) Hit 1800€, they only "sort of" asked for additional info

I found that using paypal sadly is not an exact science.

Get the payment and see what happens.

Worst thing that can happen is a 180 day limitation but you will get your funds after that.

You mentioned that you are using your real details so even if they give you a medium limitation asking for ID you can still send them the info they want right?
Old 12-19-2018
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickingbuttons View Post
I found that using paypal sadly is not an exact science.

Get the payment and see what happens.

Worst thing that can happen is a 180 day limitation but you will get your funds after that.

You mentioned that you are using your real details so even if they give you a medium limitation asking for ID you can still send them the info they want right?
This isn't a hill for me to die on, because 180 days is the suspension you get before you account is closed. Yes, I do have all the documentation they need but I'd rather wait until January when the limit is reset. I don't owe them any documentation yet so the limit should reset just fine. I'll deal with it next year should it happen.
Old 12-31-2018

Longevity: 37%

Are you sure this limit will be reset in January?
I think 2500 Eur limit for EU accounts is not time based...

However making plans for Paypal is effortless, you should solve problems as you go (as mentioned above).
Old 05-30-2019

Longevity: 61%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erasmus View Post
Hello, I'm asking you this because mine seems to be a peculiar issue with Paypal that absolutely nobody on the web seems to have. Premise: regular account on my real name and info, no shadow accounts ever made.
This past July I hit 1800€, but unlike most people being asked ID scan and proof of identity like a phone bill or whatever, they simply asked me to fill an online form with my own info most of which they already pretty much had. Then, at the following payment (small sum so I was still a bit above 1800), they asked me to reconfirm the credit card. Afterwards, no further warning was given and all the notifications disappeared, and I can still use my account.
Now though, I'm very close to the 2500€ limit, I don't know for sure. I got part in € and part in $ so I can figure out the former but the latter I cannot because paypal uses their own exchange rate. If I go by google or paypal's rate used this very day, I'm a few dozens € above the limit, but no real way to know.
Problem being, I'm bound to receive a payment of few hundred $ soon, and that'll break my limit for sure if it hasn't been already. I'm inclined to let the year end then take the payment.
What gives? Have you ever heard of such a thing before?
The same happened to me. I just filled some forms with my name address DOB and phone and all notifications were removed