Canvas Fingerprinting - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon > Amazon Suspensions

Amazon Suspensions Amazon Suspension. General issues related to Amazon Suspensions. Mostly geared towards Amazon.com.

Old 10-14-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 54%
Default Canvas Fingerprinting

Really wory about Amazon, finally I think its due to Canvas Fingerprinting

when I run https://browserleaks.com/ its give same Unique User-Agents and Unique Fingerprints across all the Vm machines

does it really matter?

bwosers are different but its still giving same numbers in front or Unique Fingerprints

can Amazon e=read thes values?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-14-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Default Re: Canvas Fingerprinting

well the thing is I am also using multiple Amazon account in past on VM and still working fine but new accounts keep going under review not sure if this cause this issue or VCC
Old 10-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 57%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinsoldier View Post
As we know only too well from this forum, scaremongering by certain sectors is driven by their wish to sell to those who are only too happy to be scared.
Not sure who you meant but sellers on this forum have nothing to gain by scaring people off user accounts to VMs. When considered for stealth, VMs outclass user accounts in most ways I can imagine, except for speed.

Quote:
All you can do is take the best precautions possible and then simply get on with it.
I agree 100% and might I add that VMs do that much better than user accounts.
Quote:
I'm currently running 5 Amazon accounts from the same machine and will continue to do so until such time as Amazon connect them.
Because it still floats your boat. Other people may act sooner.
Quote:
I guess if they do I will reluctantly move to separate machines with their own WiFi access points.
Hmm. You propose to be on the ready to do later; that which OP wants to do now. But you seem to dismiss fingerprinting. You should at least consider the notion that if or when fingerprinting is in commission. You may not be the first to take a hit.
OP is forward-thinking.
Old 10-15-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

check this image
https://ibb.co/YLnNrfk

all these values are same across all the vms
Old 10-15-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

nope the above was taken from normal PC this is from vmware https://ibb.co/ZmBL9tc

you can see the values are same
Old 10-15-2019

Longevity: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by e2free View Post
Really wory about Amazon, finally I think its due to Canvas Fingerprinting

when I run https://browserleaks.com/ its give same Unique User-Agents and Unique Fingerprints across all the Vm machines

does it really matter?

bwosers are different but its still giving same numbers in front or Unique Fingerprints

can Amazon e=read thes values?
If you can read these values, then for sure Amazon can read them.
Does it matter? YES, but does it mean it's bad for you? I will answer shortly.

Quote:
check this image

Based on your screenshot, I can see this:

Uniqueness: 99.995%

Which means actually, that you are not the only one having this signature, which is actually good; it's what we call technically "natural canvas".
When you use "artificial canvas", your uniqueness is 100%, and uniqueness 100% does not just mean that you are the only one having that canvas, it means mostly that you are faking some values on your browser OR/AND your hardware.

The fact you are getting the same signature across your VMs has nothing to to do with the fact you use VMs.
These canvas are not just related to browser, but also to your hardware and other components, meaning that if you duplicate your VM, you are getting of course the same machine.
However, you are not the only one using the same hardware, the same OS, the browser version, the same resolution etc etc etc..

Short story, I would be more worried if the uniqueness across all machines was always 100 %, Not being unique is actually good :-)
Old 10-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
check this image

The snapshot you've posted I presume is from https://browserleaks.com/canvas
Both items under "Database summary" represents the website's datastore which is compared with your data when you visit the website. It has nothing to do with your machine, so don't worry about this. Anyone visiting the same link will see both values except you're using a new browser that is not in their database.

The PNG hash is the same as your Canvas fingerprint.
The reason these are the same on your VMs is that you have used a particular OS (windows 10) with the same or similar browsers across your VMs.

Long story short, keep moving up browser versions and somewhere down the road, the canvas hash will change. When it does use it for a VM, then repeat until it changes again. When you've exhausted all versions, move to another browser, then another OS (Windows 7 to Windows 8 for example)
Don't bother using chrome and Opera on the same machine. They'll both give you the same hash.
Old 10-15-2019
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I was implying that stealthy sites in general had an interest in scaremongering, it how they make a living.

If you read OP's post again you'll see they are suggesting that VM's can be linked via 'canvas fingerprinting'. That's their issue, that's the bit I plan to ignore for now and continue to manage my five accounts on one PC via VMWare and leave others to worry about forward thinking because I aint setting up five PC's with 5 WiFi points any time soon.
Ah, OK. My apologies to you. I thought you were referring to our members here on this forum.
Old 10-15-2019
Executive [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_box View Post
The snapshot you've posted I presume is from https://browserleaks.com/canvas
Both items under "Database summary" represents the website's datastore which is compared with your data when you visit the website. It has nothing to do with your machine, so don't worry about this. Anyone visiting the same link will see both values except you're using a new browser that is not in their database.

The PNG hash is the same as your Canvas fingerprint.
The reason these are the same on your VMs is that you have used a particular OS (windows 10) with the same or similar browsers across your VMs.

Long story short, keep moving up browser versions and somewhere down the road, the canvas hash will change. When it does use it for a VM, then repeat until it changes again. When you've exhausted all versions, move to another browser, then another OS (Windows 7 to Windows 8 for example)
Don't bother using chrome and Opera on the same machine. They'll both give you the same hash.
Perfect mate thanks for detailed explanation