eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon Tracking (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-tracking/)
-   -   WebGL fingerprinting. You are no longer unique. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-tracking/105946-webgl-fingerprinting-you-no-longer-unique.html)

smartguy 03-17-2017 01:21 PM

WebGL fingerprinting. You are no longer unique.

Check your WEB GL fingerprinting in different web browsers!

https://browserleaks.com/webgl

it never changes. not even if you use different browsers! it will give out your identity even if you use a portal version of firefox, chrome,etc!

:ban?::humble:

JamesNorth101 03-17-2017 01:25 PM

Re: WebGL fingerprinting. You are no longer unique.

For PayPal it doesn't really matter.

For Amazon it really really matters. Takes a lot more than just a new browser with Amazon

empirestate 03-17-2017 01:31 PM

All you have to do is disable it. Here's my test result

http://image.prntscr.com/image/5cf56...c4e7ae8cff.png

MM78 03-17-2017 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empirestate (Post 836447)
All you have to do is disable it. Here's my test result

http://image.prntscr.com/image/5cf56...c4e7ae8cff.png

Hahaha, I got the same across all my Stealth Accounts.....Running on VMWare + Portable, gosh I guess we failed empirestate?

MM78 03-17-2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartguy (Post 836445)
Check your WEB GL fingerprinting in different web browsers!

https://browserleaks.com/webgl

it never changes. not even if you use different browsers! it will give out your identity even if you use a portal version of firefox, chrome,etc!

:ban?::humble:

Stop trying to scare people.

empirestate 03-17-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 836448)
Hahaha, I got the same across all my Stealth Accounts.....Running on VMWare + Portable, gosh I guess we failed empirestate?

We failed? Do you even know what my picture says...

smartguy 03-17-2017 01:38 PM

Is the canvas really unique or the WEBGL fingerprint? Or if two people get the same laptop model , the fingerprinting should be the same?

MM78 03-17-2017 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empirestate (Post 836451)

Bro I have no clue, never looked into this whole WebGL thing but all my stealths have the same thing....

empirestate 03-17-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 836453)
Bro I have no clue, never looked into this whole WebGL thing but all my stealths have the same thing....

I was talking to Smartguy....

empirestate 03-17-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartguy (Post 836452)
Is the canvas really unique or the WEBGL fingerprint? Or if two people get the same laptop model , the fingerprinting should be the same?

I disabled canvas and here's my result.

http://image.prntscr.com/image/1074e...bb0de1d38b.png

JamesNorth101 03-17-2017 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by empirestate (Post 836451)

It means Java is disabled.

The one issue with that is that only a about 3/4% of all PCs have Java disabled which in itself can cause a bit of a flag to the account.

Its not something eBay or PayPal use right now though so for eBay and PayPal it doesn't really matter

If you do that and use Amazon though they can limit an account because of that (that isn't saying that they will, but they do run a Java test and it being disabled is one of the things that they can use to link accounts)

empirestate 03-17-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesNorth101 (Post 836456)
It means Java is disabled.

The one issue with that is that only a about 3/4% of all PCs have Java disabled which in itself can cause a bit of a flag to the account.

Its not something eBay or PayPal use right now though so for eBay and PayPal it doesn't really matter

If you do that and use Amazon though they can limit an account because of that (that isn't saying that they will, but they do run a Java test and it being disabled is one of the things that they can use to link accounts)

I just disabled the webgl api on the browser...no java, no javascript disabled

BiN4RY 03-17-2017 01:49 PM

WebGL is only needed to render websites that have highly interactive graphics. Neither Paypal or Amazon actually uses anything needing WebGL for their website, so you can disable this if you're really concerned.

Also, I'm not convinced how suitable this is for actual tracking. Most of the information reported by this website are essentially the default configurations provided by your web browser. Similar values should be reported by anyone using the same browser version (ie, Firefox 51).

smartguy 03-17-2017 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 836459)
WebGL is only needed to render websites that have highly interactive graphics. Neither Paypal or Amazon actually uses anything needing WebGL for their website, so you can disable this if you're really concerned.

Also, I'm not convinced how suitable this is for actual tracking. Most of the information reported by this website are essentially the default configurations provided by your web browser. Similar values should be reported by anyone using the same browser version (ie, Firefox 51).

Nope. It doesn't work like that. They are using your Graphic Card to paint/create an image. Each Graphic card will assemble the imagine differently. Why? Different manufacturers. Many of them want to create an imagine fast, so they will not create corners. They say "Ohhh , it's just a few pixels that human eye can not detect, so let's just create a fast graphic card instead". You can check in different web browsers, or from your VM Machines. HASH of the created image is the same, whatever browser you use. If you use a different type of OS or OS version then the HASH can be different.

Play 03-17-2017 03:03 PM

Smartguy - what matters most is keeping each Amazon inside its own Virtual Machine works.

P.S. I've researched Amazon tracking techniques for several months. This is not a cause for concern if your doing things right, at least not now.

That's all that matters. :) I only say this because you will confuse the hell out of some users. If you really want to scaremonger yourself, know that webgl isn't the only thing tracking you.

donkeykong2012 03-17-2017 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartguy (Post 836452)

I read it as:

Same Graphics Chip/GPU
Same Graphics Driver
Same Browser
Same Java Version

Equals same Fingerprint. In other words it is not unique, as a similar setup would produce the same results. In this case, the end result is largely dependent on the Graphics Chip.

I may be wrong of course, just my best guess.

In terms of unique fingerprint, I imagine this is still the Benchmark.

https://panopticlick.eff.org/

smartguy 03-17-2017 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donkeykong2012 (Post 836503)
I read it as:

Same Graphics Chip/GPU
Same Graphics Driver
Same Browser
Same Java Version

Equals same Fingerprint. In other words it is not unique, as a similar setup would produce the same results. In this case, the end result is largely dependent on the Graphics Chip.

I may be wrong of course, just my best guess.

In terms of unique fingerprint, I imagine this is still the Benchmark.

https://panopticlick.eff.org/

The WEBGL FINGERPRINT unlike the normal CANVAS remain the same if you change browsers. You don't need java. It's a build in all browsers. I bet that companies like Ebay, PayPal, Amazon widely use them , just that they keep a few POKER JOKERS in their hands, just in case they need them.

GreenBean 03-17-2017 05:35 PM

Just so you know, I am unique.

Thank you.

:cheer:

BiN4RY 03-18-2017 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartguy (Post 836474)
Nope. It doesn't work like that. They are using your Graphic Card to paint/create an image. Each Graphic card will assemble the imagine differently. Why? Different manufacturers. Many of them want to create an imagine fast, so they will not create corners. They say "Ohhh , it's just a few pixels that human eye can not detect, so let's just create a fast graphic card instead". You can check in different web browsers, or from your VM Machines. HASH of the created image is the same, whatever browser you use. If you use a different type of OS or OS version then the HASH can be different.

I suggest you stop making bull**** anecdotes and actually do some research first.

No GPU architectures discards pixels in order to "create a fast graphics card", especially if the software specifically demands them to be rendered in the first place. For GPU accelerated non-graphical applications, "throwing away pixels" will cause significant numerical errors in the calculation, making the result nondeterministic and completely incorrect/unusable.

All this program is doing is to generate a hash based on known browser fingerprinting techniques, in addition to collecting your system's setting for WebGL (which are essentially default values set by your browser). This hash is then used to generate an image deterministically solely for the sake of human visualization.

The website specifically mentioned it uses this open-sourced library to gather information. You can go through the descriptions and even the source code find out exactly what it's doing.

aspkin 03-18-2017 05:16 AM

Interesting...

*noted so I can review it later

easy.bake.oven 03-18-2017 05:44 AM

Buy 50 2nd hand laptops/pc every year or however many you need.

Then sell the laptops/pc once not needed and buy more or change the graphics cards on them if cheaper.

Yes it is another business expense cost, but thats how business is.

You need to spend money to make money.

Things change and will change so one needs to adapt to the situation..... much like the Borgs on Star Trek - "They have adapted" so as stealthers, we need to adapt like the Borgs on a regular basis.

So 50xlaptops @ £100 each = £5000 extra in business costs, but from those laptops, you will be making good money so its just another business expense, albeit an expensive one.

Also, ebay make most of their money from us stealth crew so if they shut it all down, they get no money.
They know this and allow certain stuff to go on.
Many top top companies are operating on stealth.

Therefor ebay/paypal will never bother fingerprint via this method.

BiN4RY 03-18-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by easy.bake.oven (Post 836604)
Buy 50 2nd hand laptops/pc every year or however many you need.

Then sell the laptops/pc once not needed and buy more or change the graphics cards on them if cheaper.

Yes it is another business expense cost, but thats how business is.

You need to spend money to make money.

So 50xlaptops @ £100 each = £5000 extra in business costs, but from those laptops, you will be making good money so its just another business expense, albeit an expensive one.

Um no don't do this. This is absolutely a huge waste of money over zero potential gains for you at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by easy.bake.oven (Post 836604)
Also, ebay make most of their money from us stealth crew so if they shut it all down, they get no money.
They know this and allow certain stuff to go on.
Many top top companies are operating on stealth.

Therefor ebay/paypal will never bother fingerprint via this method.

Again, wrong. If eBay/Paypal/Amazon truly are making a killing off of stealth accounts, have you considered why they go out their ways to ban them in the first place?

Saying this is the reason why they won't use such tracking method makes zero logical sense.