Computer Log-in question (Amazon) - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 06-04-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default Computer Log-in question (Amazon)

OK I think I'm ready to go but I have another question or two. I have a computer (I'll call it computer A) that I may have used to log in to Amazon once or twice within the last year. Maybe less than that but I can't remember. At the time the computer was in a different state (with me) on a different isp. I used computer B to log is to Amazon 99.9% of the time then and until my suspension. We moved to a this state last month. Since being here I have never used computer A for anything. It is since I've moved here that I got suspended by Amazon for a 1.09% defect rate. My question is if I get a new modem, isp address, router can I log in to Amazon using computer A safely?

My second question is what about logging on with a laptop that has logged into the suspended account before? Every time I did I was away from home. If I can use the laptop what else do I need to change? My wireless router?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-05-2010

Longevity: 90%

This is my problem too--I want to know if anyone has the answer to this problem. Any kind of help is appreciated
Old 06-05-2010

Longevity: 82%

Let me ask you, computer A was used with amazon, if so this computer was blocked for related issues with other account, wha is the story behing with Amazon?
Old 06-05-2010
Threadstarter  

computer A was used to log into Amazon maybe twice in the last year in a different state. I don't know if Amazon can link it or not. Thats what I need to know.
Old 06-05-2010

Yes they can link it
Old 06-05-2010
Threadstarter  

How is this different than me logging in at a hotel. Then anybody that ever logs into their Amazon account at that hotel will be immediately linked and suspended?
Old 06-05-2010
Executive [VIP]

It has to do with the machine itself.
Amazon reads certain items INSIDE YOUR MACHINE.
That is how they link your accounts.
Old 06-05-2010
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here We Go Again View Post
It has to do with the machine itself.
Amazon reads certain items INSIDE YOUR MACHINE.
That is how they link your accounts.

Right. So any machine I've ever logged onto Amazon with is now linked? I've logged in on computers owned by hotels. Does everybody now that logs into Amazon at that hotel get linked to me and suspended? How does Amazon know which computer was mine in the past and which was a different one? I'm talking about a computer I may have used twice in a year to log into Amazon. Different ISP then. In a different state.
Old 06-06-2010
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^^^^^^^^
The location of the log in is just part of the formula that Amazon uses.
There are MANY things that Amazon uses to link accounts.
The big one and the hardest to beat is the machine itself.
Old 06-06-2010
Threadstarter  

I see. If I change ISP address, router and modem is a laptop OK to use without changes? Thanks
Old 06-06-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

No. It is not.
Old 06-07-2010

You can freely use your computers. All you need to do is:
1) Change your computer name (not a computer description)
2) Delete all your cookies, history, cache etc. in your browser you can do it with one click.

Ip address must be different of course, so you will have to use someone's else Ip if it's a laptop, if not get yourself a VPN.
Old 06-07-2010

Longevity: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomove View Post
You can freely use your computers. All you need to do is:
2) Delete all your cookies, history, cache etc. in your browser you can do it with one click.

Ip address must be different of course, so you will have to use someone's else Ip if it's a laptop, if not get yourself a VPN.

This is the right path, but you will have to do more than that to increase your chance of avoiding suspension from Amazon.

The best way is to re-install the OS with different user name. Change the MAC as well.

Also check out Adobe Flash Manager to make sure no flash is saved.

Last edited by ganbala; 06-07-2010 at 12:25 PM.
Old 06-07-2010

All depends in how much money you sold on that specific computer, once they relate you, just forget about it. You will have to get another computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbala View Post
This is the right path, but you will have to do more than that to increase your chance of avoiding suspension from Amazon.

The best way is to re-install the OS with different user name. Change the MAC as well.

Also check out Adobe Flash Manager to make sure no flash is saved.
Old 06-08-2010
Vicvelcro

Longevity: 0%

Posts 12, 13, and 14 are not accurate when applied to Amazon. There is more involved. They aren't easy pushovers like ebay and paypal. Amazon has their pschit together a bit better. Read more of the existing proven data before commenting about one site just because you know something that applies to some other site. One does not equate to the other.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Here We Go Again (06-15-2010)
Old 06-15-2010
Executive [VIP]

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding - ding
Old 06-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 89%

I think it's a human watching me. Cause I still sell on my other amazon accounts after a suspension. But I sell different things. No problems. If I try to sell the same exact item on the next seasoned account... Pow! I've made dumb mistakes like duplicate bank info and got banned but the other accounts were still rockin. Still I should just do what you guys are doing but I love to find the truth....