amazon account got blocked but I have no idea why? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Closed Thread

Old 06-21-2010
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 82%
Default amazon account got blocked but I have no idea why?

Today out of the blue my account was blocked base on the fact that it is linked to another blocked account. In a nutshell, this account has been created on a new Computer, IP Address, Contact Details and etc. The account is a few months old and has been through various reviews.

I can only think of 2 reasons why this has been blocked:

1. An amazon with the name X. X was previously blocked. A bank account in *that* name was added to this account recently. However the Sort Code and Account number were different. Now can amazon block just on name? If so how many accounts with same name could be on their database, so does that mean they go around and block them?

2. My second assumption could be that a while back I had an ebay account with the same name, address and email address as this amazon account which was blocked. Could amazon exchange information with ebay and on that bases block the account?

Does anyone on here know what is the likely hood that amazon exchange information with eBay?

Please do let me know what you guys think of this
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-21-2010
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Longevity: 100%

New computer and IP... BUT are you using the same internet as your last account?

For example let's say you use DSL.. did you use the same DSL connection for both accounts?

The account is a few months old you say and passed several reviews and it didn't link at that time.. did you do anything different recently?

What else did you do?
Old 06-21-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I use a dedicated Mobile broadband connection which means it has a unique IP Address and MAC Address. The only thing I did recently was the add of new bank account which was done in the past 10 days, but surly can they link just on First and Last name?

Also any idea about ebay and amazon exchanging/sharing information? what are the chances of this?
Old 06-21-2010
Administrator

Amazon and eBay are not sharing information.

Adding your bank account should not have done it, they can not find out the real name attached to the bank account.

Have you used this same mobile broadband card with your last account? Or is it new and never used with another Amazon account?
Old 06-21-2010
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

I haven’t used this dongle on anything else apart from 1 ebay Account. I use 1 Dongle per EBAY and amazon account. I have never used any on my dongles on any other account.

I have 2-3 partition per laptop each having their own OS so I don't even use windows account because I feel they can check MAC address as well so I tend to stay away from Windows user accounts.

Now one thing that I may thing is when I first set this account up I used the same dongle to create a 2nd amazon account on a different Windows User screen. Since then (2 weeks after initial setup) I moved one of the accounts over to a new computer and a new dongle.

Both accounts have been fine and went through various reviews at different points. Now if this is the reason then is my other account going to be blocked too? But in the email I got from amazon it clearly stated it is being linked to a previous *BLOCKED* account.

The name and address used on this account is no more than 2 years old *previous people lived here* could it be that the address is linked to someone else that used to lived at this address whose account was blocked?

Also I know you said amazon and ebay don't share information, but how sure are you of this? I am only worried because if they do I will be in a whole big mess.
Old 06-21-2010
Administrator

PM sent .