Different Amazon Suspension message?! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 10-31-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default Different Amazon Suspension message?!

Basically, whenever i try to create an account i get this message:
"Our records indicate that you are not authorized to access this feature."

I created a new virtual desktop, changed the MAC address, changed the IP address (got a new VPN), used a brand new credit card, basically everything aspkin guide specifies, including browser fingerprinting.
YET SOMEHOW THEY TRACKED ME!

is there anything you guys pay attention for in particular and/or do different that it works for you?

And im not trying to sell Dvd's. Im just a bookseller whos tripped over unfortunate customers.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-31-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

VPN's don't work. Amazon knows the address ranges that VPN provders use and they don't allow them.
Old 10-31-2010
Threadstarter  

Even if they are static?
So what do you suggest for multiple accounts?
Im not going to use wifi hotspots.
Old 10-31-2010
Executive [VIP]

Well, you have a couple of options...

If your ISP provides a dynamic IP, you can change your IP that way.

Some folks swear by dial-up since it is cheap and can be used with multiple accounts.

Others use cell phone tethering.

Or, there is always wireless broadband, although that can be a pricey option. Prepaid serviceis usually $40 - $50 per month. Cricket has unlimited broadband for $45, but if yuo go over 5GB per month, they can slow down your service. 5GB is fine for stealth and the IP's change every time you log on, so if you can keep track of them, you can use it for a few accounts.

VPS's **MAY** work, but this has not yet been proven out. They could end up being risky, because if eBay/Amazon/PayPal discover VPS address ranges like they did with VPN's, you could wake up one day and find your account closed.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
jsmith1234 (10-31-2010)
Old 10-31-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks JeffWieco for the useful comment!
Before anything, are you talking about WIFI broadband, or broadband USB cards.

1) Following up on what you said.
"IP's change every time you log on, so if you can keep track of them, you can use it for a few accounts. "

Isnt the IP address a completely random address, so you cannot actually change it to reflect which of your X accounts you want to log on to. I guess its kind of like Dial up, since you have no power which IP address you'll get assigned.

b) Would i have to still worry about mac addresses if I use Broadband?

Lastly, i read in previous forums that you like to buy cheap notebooks instead of using VMWARE. Whats the motivation there? Obviously, its not browser fingerprinting.
Can you give me more details on hardware fingerprinting?
Old 10-31-2010
Executive [VIP]

Broadband USB, not WIFI.

The IP's are not toally random, each provider has a block of IP addresses, so you get a new one each time you long on, but you will eventually get the same IP addresses. The goal is to never use the same IP address for two accounts - but you can use multiple IP's per account.

The thing is, they cannot link on IP alone, but it is one more piece of the puzzle. They look at different things. So, their evaluation may go something like this - same area, same IP, both DVD sellers, MAC is one digit off = MATCH. As long as there are enough similarities, they can link accounts. They probably assign each thing a point value, and then if the total is above X points, they consider the accounts linked.

I know they can see the machine NAME. So, if you are using JSMITH_1234 you would want to change it to something generic like DELL_USER.

All browsers start off the same, but as you browse the internet you pick up different plugins, different fonts, etc. Google PanOptiClick. It will show you how unique your browser is.

I use different PC's because this is my livelihood, and I am very risk-averse. I also like to keep my accounts as long as I can. While I could use one PC, this makes me feel more comfortable. Less likely that I will log in and forget something and lose a good account.

I use different browsers with different plugins, different OS's, different machine names, etc. The goal is to make Amazon/eBay/PayPal see these accounts as being very different. So even if there is a similarity, there are enough differences that they cannot link the accounts.

This CAN be done on one PC. My system is overkill. But again, it is what I am personally comfortable with. It is also a business decision. If I set up an eBay and an Amazon account on each separate PC, the costs are (for me) as follows:

1 Used PC - $100 (or so)
1 Monitor, Keyboard and mouse with a switch to use on 4 PC's. ($140 total) $35
1 ISP - $40 per month
1 Tracfone - $8 per month

So the startup cost is $135 and the monthly fees are approximately $50. I can make a PROFIT of about $1,000 per month with each one. So, the costs are very reasonable in relation to that. It is like having a little insurance policy.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
Amazombie (11-01-2010)
Old 10-31-2010
Threadstarter  

Thanks for that invaluable info!
Though, I still cannot understand how they would track me. The only potential gap is the VPN, and the type of error message does not reflect so (one normally gets an Error(2) if you're using suspicious IP addresses or they just block you in less than 24 hours, HoWEVER, never do they prevent you from fully registering right after the point of confirming your phone number.

I currently in conversation with another member who says that its not the VPN that gave me away but he/she is still unsure what the real reason was...

Another improtant piece of information is that it doesnt say anywere that Im "blocked". It just says that I have been flagged, as if i have been previously flagged, or something to that effect....
Old 10-31-2010
Executive [VIP]

Another member could have more information than I do, but the VPN can definitely be the reason.

The thing is, they are all assigned blocks of IP addresses. So, the provider may have an IP range of 123.456.001.001 to 123.456.002.999. If Amazon knows what the range is, and they can find out pretty easily, then they can block the entire range. They wouldn't be able to link the accounts, but they do not allow seller accounts using VPN's or other proxies.

But someone could get lucky. They might be using the VPN of a provider who has not been blocked yet by Amazon. So to their knowledge, VPN's would not seem to be an issue. But that would not be true.

However, this other member could be on to something. Certainly, I am not the most technically oriented person on the forum. I *AM* sure about the VPN's though.
Old 10-31-2010
Threadstarter  

The other member said that it would take some time for them to cross-check my Ip address before blocking me. (also i was never actually block, just not allowed to fully register).

The person claims that I used a blacklisted VOIP forwarding number?
Old 10-31-2010
Threadstarter  

regarding using broadband. How would i keep track of all the ip addresses i used my accounts if there can be potentially thousands of random IP addresses?

Also, isnt it suspicious even when using broadband or ISP that Amazon users are selling similar products in the same area. ?
Old 10-31-2010
Executive [VIP]

VOIP forwarding numbers are also a possibility. Amazon has some blocked.

Tracfones work well.
Old 10-31-2010
Threadstarter  

I just bought a Phone on At&t. Ill give that a try and let you know if it works later this week!
Old 11-01-2010

"How would i keep track of all the ip addresses i used my accounts if there can be potentially thousands of random IP addresses?"

Keep a log of them in excel. You can arrange them in numerical order to make it easier to check.

In regards to the VPN, I would try not to use one. Lower the amount of variables in the equation and lower the risk of something going wrong.
Old 11-01-2010
Threadstarter  

Is cable a viable alternative to Dial-up? Isnt it the exact same thing except faster? I mean, in our case, it gives us a dynamic IP.