How I increased feedback by 15% - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 12-10-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Nertia View Post
Honestly I have considered a monetary bribe before also. Never made it that far. For me hand written thank you notes have been doing great.

It's funny companies can do surveys all the time and it's not considered desperate. Feedback is just another survey.
i put notes in the order saying the first 50 feedbacks get a free order,sold these items for about 10 bucks but they only cost about 2 bucks,did it long enough to show some history and ditched it
The Following User Says Thank You to shogun1 For This Useful Post:
666 (01-24-2016)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-10-2010

Longevity: 78%

include a "free gift" with every order you ship out. something as small as a $2-3 gift probably won't hurt you financially if you are making $20-40+ on each sale. File it under the cost of doing business.

Lucky for me, I run my website on the side as well as seen in my signature. I send one of those out with every order I sell if the profit is enough, with a business card. Also add in a little note saying "here is a free gift i'd like to offer you in appreciation of you choosing me for your business and I hope to be of service in the future. If you have the time I would really appreciate if you left a positive feedback for your order on Amazon, as if sellers do not get enough feedback their selling accounts are closed down. Thank you and have a wonderful day (holiday/new years/etc). I'll offer sellers just above cost to me if anyone's interested, just message me. (not sure if I can advertise that on here, please remove my post if not admins)

Last edited by Axcend; 12-10-2010 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMondo View Post
I disagree - to me, the problem with the Amazon system is that the way it's weighted you have to get 100 positive feedbacks to balance one negative one. And there are actually really only two ratings when they figure out your percentage - 4s and 5s count as positives, everything else as negative (even a 3, which is supposed to be "neutral")
Yes if you have one feedback which is positive, a neutral brings it down to 50% I was shocked when it happened to me

My second feedback was a neutral because the Postman crushed a few games. Read about it in Feedback where he stated how he spent alot of money on the new games and they were poorly packaged so the box was crushed. So i responded to him in the feedback kinda chastizing him for not telling me until the feedback reminding him I sent it priority within just two hrs and didn't do it so the postman could smash it up. I also thanked him for letting me know because it really helped me, now I pack them in thicker boxes. I also told him I'd be sending him some money immediately. He sent me an apology and removed the feedback, I never asked him to or even hinted. He said he couldn't get a hold of me, didn't see my email as he did with all his other sellers and Amazon kept sending him notes to leave feedback.He was impressed I would refund him especially after realizing how much his feedback hurt my account, seeing the 50%. I was going to abandon the account knowing it would be closed anyhow, can't seem to stop logging in under my other account name. He's a sweetheart, I was lucky to have crossed paths with him.

Last edited by Melissa1971; 12-11-2010 at 03:22 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa1971 For This Useful Post:
Jineric (12-16-2017)
Old 12-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axcend View Post
include a "free gift" with every order you ship out. something as small as a $2-3 gift probably won't hurt you financially if you are making $20-40+ on each sale. File it under the cost of doing business.

Lucky for me, I run my website on the side as well as seen in my signature. I send one of those out with every order I sell if the profit is enough, with a business card. Also add in a little note saying "here is a free gift i'd like to offer you in appreciation of you choosing me for your business and I hope to be of service in the future. If you have the time I would really appreciate if you left a positive feedback for your order on Amazon, as if sellers do not get enough feedback their selling accounts are closed down. Thank you and have a wonderful day (holiday/new years/etc). I'll offer sellers just above cost to me if anyone's interested, just message me. (not sure if I can advertise that on here, please remove my post if not admins)
That's a great idea. What is your feedback rate if it is alright to ask?
Old 12-11-2010

It varies between 40-50%, but then you have to factor in the few complaints and refunds. Some people just can't be pleased, but for everyone who is satisfied or people who aren't as satisfied, but with something extra thrown in they seem more likely to leave at least 4 stars. Also to be noted, that when I write them the little side letter, I also note that only 4 and 5 star ratings go towards my account, 3 stars counts against it. Some people think a 5 star rating means that you flew to their house and hand delivered their item with a singing telegram behind you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Axcend For This Useful Post:
LordLucan (04-08-2014), Melissa1971 (12-12-2010), pod (12-11-2010)
Old 12-11-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axcend View Post
Some people think a 5 star rating means that you flew to their house and hand delivered their item with a singing telegram behind you.
Ha!

Thats solely eBay's fault. They don't make any effort to let the buyers know anything about the feedback. At all. The only reason we know what it means is because we have to. Nowhere clear and obvious does it say 4 out of 5 is a fail.

What reasonable person is going to think 4 out of 5 stars means fail. Even out loud that sentence makes no sense....

Truth is the majority of the 5 stars we get is not from people that think everything was perfect. Its from people that are indifferent and run down the list giving 5s because they got what they ordered. Nobody really thinks that the crap they got is "perfect". They just blast the 5s....
Old 12-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymoly View Post
Hey lemme tell you this 1st ed. It IS DESPERATE...but who cares?!?!

I mean...I'm not poor, but if someone is giving me FREE food stamps...I'll TAKE EM!

It's like...if something is there for the taking, why not?
That is Exactly How I Feel! If you were a Girl i would marry You it would be like marring my self!
Old 12-14-2010

hmm interesting stuff here I need something like this. Sold 130 items only received 15 feedback. :-(

Every week I email ppl only get like 1 feedback. Daym amazon
Old 12-18-2010

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Yeah I always include my feedback cards in my orders, with a quick thank you note and directions on how to leave feedback.
Yeah I actually sent a thank you note on how much I would appreciate if they were to leave me a feedback. In a couple of days I will also email them to leave me a feedback. Do you have any advice on how I can create a professional feedback card? Thanks.
Old 12-18-2010
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedexperience View Post
Yeah I actually sent a thank you note on how much I would appreciate if they were to leave me a feedback. In a couple of days I will also email them to leave me a feedback. Do you have any advice on how I can create a professional feedback card? Thanks.
I mention that because I have such a high quaility item, and my customer service is so awsome, I sell so many items that my sales can't keep up with the feedback that Amazon expects, and my account is under review to make sure the customers are truly satisfied with the tranactions. With that said, I explain that I only need one more 5 star positive feedback, and the review will be lifted so I can continue to offer high quality merchandise, at resonable prices without being limited by inventory controls from Amazon seller support.

Usually they are more than happy to lend a hand at the succe3ss of my business.

Seems to help out. I stay at 20% most of the time.
Old 12-31-2010
Executive [VIP]

<<<<5 out of 5: "pleasure to do business with. Even included a thank you card that was signed.. Class act. I would buy from them again in a heart beat and will reccomend them to everyone I know.. Need more companies like this online.. "
Date: December 31, 2010 Rated by Buyer: joseph c.>>>>

Now why cant every feedback come back like this. Since I included a very nice thank you card personally signed, my feedback shot up to 45%, plus they have to get the merchandise in 2-3 days.
Old 01-01-2011
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

I never gave a crap about thank you cards, or follow ups... as long as a product was delivered, and it worked, I never cared. I think it's a shame that we live in such a society where we have to BS people on every transaction in order to be successful.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to First Edition For This Useful Post:
newjerseymax (09-20-2011), pod (01-01-2011)
Old 01-02-2011

Longevity: 77%
Default Got a feedback from this before I even logged off

I just copied this and sent it to 6 pages of buyers in my sold orders. Before I left the site, one had already left a positive. Suspended for too few for the amount of sales. So will post if this generated a lot more feedbacks as in the case of the op. Great idea, not to proud to beg.

Last edited by TGMT²; 04-22-2011 at 02:00 AM. Reason: quoting entire post
Old 03-27-2011

Longevity: 81%

Worked like a charm. Copied & Paste, feedback started coming, and that was enough to pass my review!

Thanks! :D

Last edited by TGMT²; 04-22-2011 at 02:00 AM. Reason: quoting entire post
Old 04-21-2011

Does anyone cares about leaving a feedback for a customer? Or it's not necessary?
Old 04-21-2011

I only leave it for them if they've left Positive feedback for me

I doubt most customers ever see it
Old 04-22-2011

Longevity: 86%

I would leave out the part about my account being under review because of low feedbacks.I think the the customer might wonder why you have low feedbacks and look over the product a little more closely.If the product is in mint legit condition than this is not a problem.
Old 12-11-2011

This month one of my accounts fell under "rolling review" so with ever order I shipped I included a nice Holiday thank you note that says if they leave me positive feedback and then email me afterwards to let me know I will ship them a free Christmas gift. The gifts run $3-4 so it is a monetary hit on me but I figured I really needed the feedback to save this account. So far (about 2 weeks in) I have seen a definite jump in feedbacks maybe from 5% to around 15%. I can post the results at the end of the month once the numbers come in and hopefully my account is saved.
Old 12-31-2011

Update: My account passed the rolling review and another velocity review so the feedbacks helped. But I think I overestimated and the "Free Gift" thank notes yielded about a 10% response rate compared to about a usual 5% response rate. I honestly thought it would be much higher (around 25-30%) since I was giving free stuff away. I think most people just either don't know how to leave feedback or don't care.
Old 01-09-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

My account is still under rolling review and I am still only at 7-8%. Does it mean that if I don't get at least 10% feedback ratio in the end of 30-day period my account will get suspended?
Old 01-14-2012

No idea sleepybubba... IMHO I believe the reviews pass/fail based on how busy Amazon is. I swear I go into reviews then right around 30 days I pass because I feel they were just too swamped to have a human eye look at it. Feedback is the key everyone swears by so while in review email as many previous buyers and ask them kindly for feedback without harassing them. And all current buyers, give them an incentive to leave feedback!
Old 01-17-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

That's probably what happened this time around. I've been trying to use the OP suggested technique and it works out to 7-8% feedback. Not sure why though. But I guess it's better han nothing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris3841 View Post
No idea sleepybubba... IMHO I believe the reviews pass/fail based on how busy Amazon is. I swear I go into reviews then right around 30 days I pass because I feel they were just too swamped to have a human eye look at it. Feedback is the key everyone swears by so while in review email as many previous buyers and ask them kindly for feedback without harassing them. And all current buyers, give them an incentive to leave feedback!