eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon X (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-x/)
-   -   What is Amazon's search strategy? How to let buyer see my listing? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon-x/26706-what-amazons-search-strategy-how-let-buyer-see-my-listing.html)

rayxiaoyu 01-04-2011 10:32 PM

What is Amazon's search strategy? How to let buyer see my listing?

This is a rookie question. I am a new seller on Amazon.
What is Amazon's search strategy? How to let buyer see my listing?

I will appreciate any answer.

jeffweico 01-04-2011 10:57 PM

You are not usually creating listings, you are adding your product to their existing catalog. So there really is no way to manipulate search results.

If you are ADDING a product to their catalog, be as descriptive as possible, being sure to use keywords appropriately. But don't try keyword spamming or other tricks, Amazon will close your account.

Amazon is all about providing a great experience to their customers, they will not tolerate any type of misuse of their system.

123 01-05-2011 03:17 AM

As long as your not creating listings best way is to be descriptive and be competitively priced.

rayxiaoyu 01-05-2011 03:13 PM

I don't want to manipulate the search. But there are so many similar products on Amazon. How can I make sure the buyer can see my listing?
Like on ebay, the last minute of a auction will show on the first page. Then I know as a newbie I will do auction selling. But what is the rule of the amazon? I don't want my listing to show on the last page.

123 01-05-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayxiaoyu (Post 195003)
I don't want to manipulate the search. But there are so many similar products on Amazon. How can I make sure the buyer can see my listing?
Like on ebay, the last minute of a auction will show on the first page. Then I know as a newbie I will do auction selling. But what is the rule of the amazon? I don't want my listing to show on the last page.

Amazon is not like ebay, theres no individual listings. You find your product and your list on the same product page as everyone else for that product.

nobody999 01-05-2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

you don't have any control over that. if there are multiple sellers, then you need to be the lowest price if you want to be at the top of the list of sellers.

msk5412 01-10-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

You have to have your item priced low enough to be on the first page with the other sellers item. It is not like Ebay. You sell with others and must be priced to sell.

DogFacedBoy 01-18-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msk5412 (Post 195878)
You have to have your item priced low enough to be on the first page with the other sellers item. It is not like Ebay. You sell with others and must be priced to sell.

That is what I've always done

Melissa1971 01-18-2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msk5412 (Post 195878)

That seemed to be the process when I started Amazon yet more and more I am more towards the bottom of the page, just above one or two other sellers in a separate box. They placed a black line on the page then put some sellers underneath it. Then I am underneath that but the first Seller under that line, if that makes sense. So being the cheapest on the page isn't always guaranteed you'll even be seen
A few times I have deliberately raised my prices so I can get a better location

msk5412 01-18-2011 10:48 PM

Amazon listings

Hi,
I am not sure what you are talking about. Are you FBA or regular seller? The FBA have their listings first then it goes for low price to high. So you have to change your prices to compete with the pricing of the other sellers.
If you are new it is good to be lower in price by a little. Buyers look at your feedback to and if you are an established seller some price higher.
Yes, the cheapest ones are always on the first page of the listing. I have sold there for about 5 years. Change your prices to the lowest to move your inventory. I change mine every day.
Maybe I am not understanding what you mean.
mk

Melissa1971 01-19-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msk5412 (Post 198073)
Hi,
I am not sure what you are talking about. Are you FBA or regular seller? The FBA have their listings first then it goes for low price to high. So you have to change your prices to compete with the pricing of the other sellers.
If you are new it is good to be lower in price by a little. Buyers look at your feedback to and if you are an established seller some price higher.
Yes, the cheapest ones are always on the first page of the listing. I have sold there for about 5 years. Change your prices to the lowest to move your inventory. I change mine every day.
Maybe I am not understanding what you mean.
mk

Well that explains it. I've been on Amazon about 5 months and the last few months doing books, toys and the things most coinciding with FBA. I looked into it and thought I would go that direction but am still hesitant. Thanks :)