What should I do about this seller/buyer? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 05-04-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 94%
Default What should I do about this seller/buyer?

Hi, All, I am a new seller on Amazon and just need your advice here.

I start my amazon seller account a week ago and got generic Spy Camera Pens from local importer in LA area. I searched through Amazon site and found the similiar product. I clicked "Sell Yours Here" button at the product page, and listed my item under that product. Within few hours of listing, I got an email from the person who created product page. He said I can not list this product because he was the owner of the brand name. If I don't remove the listing, he is going to contact his lawyer to sue me.

I am a new seller, so I have to be cautious. But according to my supplier, this type of spy pen are manufactured in Asia and they are generic. I called Amazon Seller Support, they encouraged to me list my product based on Amazon Catelogue, and if certain products are trade marked, if the owner complained to them, they would contact me and remove my listing. If I continue listing after their removal, they would suspend my account. Since there is no way for me to find out if he has official trade mark or just made a name for his product, I would let Amazon to decide. And at the same day on 4/27, I received the first order for my store. The order initiallly looked suspicious to me, it was from the same area as the other seller, and only had first name (normally would be first and last names) on shipping address. I still shipped the order on 4/28 ( Expected Shipping Date specified by Amazon was 4/29 )

In the following 2 days, I received an email from the other seller each day, first he said he is going to contact Amazon, and then he threathened to sue me.

On 5/2, without any email warning, the buyer ordered on 4/27 gave me a negative feedback saying "I didn't receive what was advertised". However, my package has not even been delivered because there were 2 weedend days between 4/27 and 5/2. And on my listing, I didn't say anything like "2 days delivery or even fast shipping". How can he gave me a negative without having my product. I know it is very difficult to prove the seller actually did this. I don't think even Amazon cares since I am a just new and small seller.

At the time I first listed item, I noticed there was another seller besides the brand name seller, and he/she also had a negative feedback, now that seller was removed from that page. I knew I won't be there for too long.

I feel frustrated I just followed what Amazon wanted me to do. Someone can actually use Amazon Feedback system to kill competition. What should I do besides watching my account going away? Any advice or comments will be appreciated very much!

Thanks in advance.

Here is the link to the product

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004I5OWDE/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-04-2011

Longevity: 80%

That is one thing I dislike about amazon. Contact amazon and see if they will help you. They keep a log of all messages so that shouldnt be a problem.

He listed his item for sale on amazon so now amazon has ownership of the item NOT him anymore. Its all yours to sell and you dont have to worry about being contacted by his lawyer.

You have the right to sell any item listed on amazon unless amazon themselves dont allow you to sell it.

Also your link doesnt work for me...
Old 05-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

You said the item is SIMILAR. Is it SIMILAR or the SAME?

There is a difference. If it is just SIMILAR, then create your own product page.

The reason for this is that Amazon only wants one product per page. It would have to be the EXACT SAME product. Otherwise, it would be confusing for buyers.

For example, let's say I want to by a USB Flash Dive. I want a 4GB Kingston branded one. If you are selling anything other than Kingston 4GB flash drives, it would not be appropriate to list yours on that page. If yours was a generic 4GB flash drive, then you would need to create a separate page for it.

If it is the exact same product, then I don't think this other seller has a leg to stand on, so to speak.

As for the negative feedbacks, that happens A LOT. Amazon sellers are BRUTALLY competitive and resort to underhanded tactics to try to block competition.

In this other seller's mind, YOU are invading HIS territory. Of course, he only THINKS it is HIS territory - it is NOT - it is Amazon's.

You could try complaining to Amazon, but that could go either way. Unfortunately, this type of thing is difficult to deal with. Amazon would have to believe the buyers who left you feedback were ⊗⊗⊗⊗ buyers, purchasing only for that purpose. If the other seller does that a lot, and Amazon hears the same thing from a lot of people over and over, that other seller could eventually lose his account. But the sad fact is, sometimes they DO get away with it.

Last edited by jeffweico; 05-04-2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

well you could just buy something from them, and leave a neg. Two can play that game. If it has the same UPC, then the item is universal and you can list to your hearts content. What is the exact item. This guy is a dick, and I think Ill buy one from him, send it back, and leave a neg.
Old 05-04-2011

Longevity: 83%

Yep I would create another account and buy from the guy. Buy 2 and pay seperately to give two negatives The guy is an A$$hole. It has happened to me recently..
Old 05-04-2011

Longevity: 78%

I would also buy from him using another account, he needs to learn his lesson. Threatening people is not right, and it also sounds like he lied about being the owner of the product.
He's been bullying a bunch of people I bet. Just so he can be the only one selling the item.

I would put your account on vacation hold before you loose it. Don't list anything else for a long time so you can save it. You may want to go with a Stealth account in between time. I'd also let Amazon know, that is one hell of a coincidence a guy sends you a message saying he owns the product then suddenly you get an order from "his area" I don't think Amazon would like that, his account should be flagged and watched. Good luck you, sorry this happened

Last edited by Melissa1971; 05-04-2011 at 07:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Two wrongs do not make a right. Openly suggesting to do that is pointless. Talk about holier than thou. 1st seller that did that to any of you you would be screaming blue murder.
Come to think of it, some of you do scream so maybe that is your style of selling.
And you wonder why amazon is getting more difficult. It's your own fault.

Let the OP try to do it thro' the right channels.
Old 05-04-2011

Longevity: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Two wrongs do not make a right. Openly suggesting to do that is pointless. Talk about holier than thou. 1st seller that did that to any of you you would be screaming blue murder.
Come to think of it, some of you do scream so maybe that is your style of selling.
And you wonder why amazon is getting more difficult. It's your own fault.

Let the OP try to do it thro' the right channels.
I would like to think most of us here are honest, I certainly haven't seen any "holier than thou" on this thread or "screamers as a style of selling"

I agree two wrongs don't make a right
Old 05-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Just to add...

I agree with GreenBean. Not because the other seller does not deserve some payback. He sure does! But lowering yourself to their level is not the answer. I have been the target of such people before. They tried to harrass me off of Amazon, using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ buyer accounts to send me nasty inquiries, accusing me of everything from theft, to counterfeiting, to child molestation (seriously).

While it was difficult, I never responded to any of them, I just forwarded them to Amazon. Someone at Amazon must have been impressed with my professionalism, because I never lost the account. In fact, I found out who was doing it, and they lost THEIR account - I did NOT even have to report them.

The thing is, Amazon has ways of detecting such behavior and if you try to engage this moron, then you run the risk of Amazon thinking you might be involved. And they have ZERO TOLERANCE for this type of nonsense. It costs them time and money.

So, vent to us, to a friend, drink some wine if necessary (or Bacardi 151.... whatever works...) and resist the temptation to lower yourself.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
GrannyT (05-05-2011), GreenBean (05-04-2011), newtools (05-05-2011)
Old 05-04-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Just to add...

I agree with GreenBean. Not because the other seller does not deserve some payback. He sure does! But lowering yourself to their level is not the answer. I have been the target of such people before. They tried to harrass me off of Amazon, using ⊗⊗⊗⊗ buyer accounts to send me nasty inquiries, accusing me of everything from theft, to counterfeiting, to child molestation (seriously).

While it was difficult, I never responded to any of them, I just forwarded them to Amazon. Someone at Amazon must have been impressed with my professionalism, because I never lost the account. In fact, I found out who was doing it, and they lost THEIR account - I did NOT even have to report them.

The thing is, Amazon has ways of detecting such behavior and if you try to engage this moron, then you run the risk of Amazon thinking you might be involved. And they have ZERO TOLERANCE for this type of nonsense. It costs them time and money.

So, vent to us, to a friend, drink some wine if necessary (or Bacardi 151.... whatever works...) and resist the temptation to lower yourself.
Sage advice
Old 05-05-2011

Longevity: 83%

This guy is an A$$ -

$48.95
+ $4.99shipping

New

JJ Jacob Store

This is the item in question. Just because His item is Fulfilled by amazon does Not mean It his only! Now that i see everything Genexus sells im gonna go get and sell all of his items!

Good advise From Jeff!! Rise above people like this!!!