Appealing linked account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Amazon X

Amazon X The juicy stuff...

Old 05-31-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Question Appealing linked account

Anyone ever tried to appeal a suspended/linked account???

I had my 2-year old real account suspended, so went ahead and opened a new account on my dad's name (new real address, new credit card, new phone number, new business name etc). The account got suspended after 2 days. This was before I bought Amazin Ghost, so it's easy to see why.

However given that this was a legit account, is it worth trying to appeal this? For example by admitting that yes, indeed it was my son who lended me his old computer and who used to have an Amazon account? Or maybe via letting them know that my son allowed me to a shipping program installed on his computer until I got myself straightened out?

I know this may not be a right forum to ask for this but would appreciate any feedback. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-02-2011

Longevity: 79%

From my experience it is near impossible to get a suspended/linked account back. Writing a letter explaining it would never hurt you so I would give it a try but once you submit it I would give Amazon a call and talk to some people to see if they can help get your account back based on looking at your explanation. I know this technique works really well with Paypal so it might work with Amazon too.

Good luck.
Old 06-02-2011

Longevity: 78%

I would say there you have a .001% chance. the question is why was your first account banned. The fact that you tried to open up another account that subsequently got banned just makes it that much worse. Depending on why your first account was banned might give you a slightly higher chance of having your fathers account reinstated depending on how you spin it. But definitely don't hold your breath
Old 06-03-2011
Subscribed [VIP]
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 74%

You guys were right. I got a point blank denial via one of their canned emails.

As for my first account - I had that account for 2.5 years and got over 440 feedback, usually in 97-98% positive. I didn't use any tactics to solicit feedback, so the ratio was less than 10%. Then 3 or 4 negs in a row brought the score down to 91-92%. Additionally, I had USPS crash several of my packages and lose a couple so my return ratio went up. I had several OOS cancellations due to items being cross-listed on ebay and Amz. Long story short - Amazon put my account under review (a third one in 2 years). Most of that was all my fault, no blame on customers (other than couple of negs one of which was definitely from a competitor ). To add insult to an injury I used another account to bump my feedback ratio.

So along with known scenario, after 30-day review, the account was suspended and I was offered to provide a detail plan on how would I improve my performance. Then after couple of weeks, I got email from Amz where they've caught me leaving myself a one feedback. Along with that I've noticed that couple of legit feedback also disappeared from my account as well. So no chance there.

What I've tried to do with the second account (that was way before I bought Amz Ghost and came across this forum), I used my dad's computer and new bankd Visa debit card to open a brand new account. I think what got me caught is that I've used a ShipRush program to ship my orders and it had my old shipping address and name in it. Also I tried to access that Amz account from my work.

So I guess stealth is the only way to go now.

Last edited by sleepybubba; 06-03-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 06-03-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Always the best way - keep aware of your IP etc.